TO - DEN Trade + 2 FA Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO - DEN Trade + 2 FA Signings

With Denver looking to resign McGee for the upcoming season and with 14 players already under contract they may need to make some moves to clear some salary and move some bodies, may be a good place to use some of our cap space to get Chandler and a couple of backups.

If we can work a trade for DeRozan & Davis plus maybe a future draft pick I would be ok with it. Our PF position seems to be getting cramped and if we can flip DeRozan for Chandler and then go after O.J Mayo now that he will be an unrestricted FA we can upgrade much more quickly.

Toronto receives W. Chandler , C. Brewer & K. Kuofos ( starting SF , Back Up Wing , Backup C with better hands than Gray)

Denver receives DeRozan , Davis and a Future Pick and 6M in 5.5M TPE

Will probably have to amnesty Calderon to make all this happen

Sign O.J Mayo at 7-8M and Nash at a 3 year deal that averages 10m but may have to work around the numbers to be able to sign FA

See if we can stockpile a pick or 2 with James Johnson and Weems

Run this year with Bayless as back up and see what the draft brings next year.

Nash / Bayless / Uzoh
    Mayo / Ross / Forbes
    Chandler / Kleiza / Brewer
    Bargnani / A Johnson / Acy
    Valacuinas / Kuofos / Sign Jordan Hill with Midlevel Exception

after 12-13 season we can reload for a future PG, and backup SF as Balyess, Forbes, Kleiza and Brewer will be FA and we will have about 15M in expiring contracts.

Upgrade? I think so ........ Young? Still a young nucleus.........Plausible? Why not?

i wouldn't give up a first rounder, personally
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

We're essentially giving up a lot of "potential" -- which I assume has more value in the open market -- for a capable starting small forward and rotation players with limited potential.

Chandler had a horrible season for Denver -- albeit, it was only a few games. Still, his performance did not help his stock one bit. His performance in the limited amount compares to Gary Forbes', maybe even worse.

I say:

Toronto receives Wilson Chandler, Kosta Koufos OR Timofey Mozgov

Denver receives Amir Johnson + Gary Forbes + Bayless + 56th pick (Zubcic) OR future 2nd round pick
      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

I would rather not throw a first rounder in this either personally but maybe throw a 2nd rounder.

I don't see Denver taking on more salary in a deal for Chandler as they would be trying to reduce salary to resign McGee and honestly if they wanted Forbes they would have kept him last year.

Comment

Working...
        X