BDL: 'Net Reaction - Brad Miller's Oh-So-Close Buzzer Beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BDL: 'Net Reaction - Brad Miller's Oh-So-Close Buzzer Beater

Did any of you catch the end of this game? If so, what are your thoughts?

With 0.3 seconds on the clock, Bulls center Brad Miller(notes) threw up a prayer that momentarily gave his team a 91-90 win over the Nuggets. However, referees reviewed the shot and waived it off after a lengthy delay, giving Denver the win. Here's what they're saying out in the ether about the call ...
    Mouthpiece Sports: "Contrary to what every single Bulls fan I follow on Twitter was saying, I think the ball was still on the tip of Miller's fingers when he released the shot. Yes, it was ridiculously close. Yes, I wish the call had gone the other way. Yes, I agree there's certainly a case to be made that since it was so close, there wasn't conclusive evidence, and the ruling the refs made of the shot being good should stand. But I guess I just kept waiting to see the replay where I was like 'A-ha, he got it off, Bulls win!' I never saw that, though. Every replay I saw I had a sinking feeling it was going to be overturned because it ever so slightly looked like it was still on his fingertips."
    Game On: "Timing is everything. Even if it is just 0.3 seconds. Major League Baseball might want to take note. [...] 'I thought it was good when I first saw it,' Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro said. 'That is irrelevant. The refs have to make the call. My understanding, 0.3 is enough time to catch and shoot. But I guess the ball was on his fingertips, probably. The refs made the call after looking at it about 20 times.' Earlier in the day, MLB general managers passed on addressing expanding replay. That means baseball will be limited to home run calls. The sound you hear is baseball fans metaphorically hitting themselves in the head with a Louisville Slugger."
    Source - Click here
Working...
X