No announcement yet.

Raptors 2012-13 Starting SF, poll 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and to go along with what matt was alluding to, he can dribble/facilitate to ease the burden for Nash
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

slasher. 2 way player. fantastic in transition (remember those years finishing off AI's alleyoops?) and still has a few years left.

that said i don't know what to really give philly for him. jose and demar?

edit: no idea why they'd want calderon with jrue there
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Damn... apparently I should've included Landry Fields on that list!

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ar-offer-sheet

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          Damn... apparently I should've included Landry Fields on that list!

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ar-offer-sheet
          Isn't fields a SG? Can Fields play the 3? He's a good pick up if NY fails to match. But with Ross, DeMar and now Fields - that's not a lot of size to man the 3, IMO. Maybe we can swing DeMar for Iggy or Deng now.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Isn't fields a SG? Can Fields play the 3? He's a good pick up if NY fails to match. But with Ross, DeMar and now Fields - that's not a lot of size to man the 3, IMO. Maybe we can swing DeMar for Iggy or Deng now.
            Not sure, but he's listed on ESPN as being 6'7". Most SF are in the 6'7" - 6'9" range.

Comment

he can play SF for sure
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

LANDRY FIELDS!!!! http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222021/Raptors_Agree_To_Three_Year_$20M_Offer_Sheet_With_ Landry_Fields

Comment

Looks like its Landry Fields?
                  Welp, that sucked.

Comment

The biggest thing here is not reaching on someone we aren't crazy about. I'm not a huge Ilyasova fan because I see him as more of a 4 and 10m/year isn't cheap. The thought of Kirilenko for 10m is borderline outrageous also, he isn't worth 2/3 of that at this point. Deng and Chandler would both me great fits at reasonable prices but definitely not worth overpaying for them. Batum unfortunately would be the best choice but I've lost all hope for that. Unless we find a great deal, I wouldn't mind sitting on what we have for another season (Ross and Demar splitting time with Linas and JJ) and drafting a replacement.

Comment

Picking up Fields is nothing more than a move to get Nash away from the Knicks imo. I wouldn't be for this deal at all if Nash coming wasn't a good possibility. Unless we get rid of Demar for a 3...that would be clutch.

Comment

Fields started 17 games at SF last year for NY according to ESPN player profile stat splits.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits.../landry-fields

Comment

Starting at SF for the Knicks could have been more due to a need than anything else really. Same as Demar potentially starting for us even though he's a 2

Comment

Daaaamn! 36mil for Nash, 20mil for Feilds. What the fuck is goin on!?!? I know its prolly part of the plan to get Nash but that just seems kinda retarded, now we have a log-jam at the wing position with Jjohnson as the only real SF...is it just me or has colangelo completely lost it?

Comment

I think BC is convinced that DD,Ross, Landry are all sg/sf and can play interchangeably. This is the only reason so far. Unless we trade DD for RGay or something in which that makes sense.

Comment

Fields is playing the 3

Comment

Working...
                                X