X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he would be rather redundant if the Knicks don't match

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      I think even if you could do that, you'd never work as a GM again. Good luck talking to any agents.
      The offer could very well be contingent on Nash signing, which BC could have been absolutely upfront about. At one point the Joe Johnson to Brooklyn trade was contingent on Brooklyn re-signing DWill (not sure if it still is or not). I think it's the nature of the game and I bet it happens a lot more than we realize.

Comment

• Haha.

Knicks can have all of them. Weems, Alabi, Gray, Butler, Carter, Forbes, Anderson, Magloire for Lin and Fields.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          You are likely correct.

This deal means no more TPE and MLE - although I've been wrong a couple of times today so please correct if wrong here too.

However, Raps still have amnesty clause, Bayless, Weems, and Gray rights. Plus there is now a log jam on the wing and PF.

This is likely the only free agent transaction that is not a sign and trade.

My concern is the Bird right's as well. They are exemptions for teams over the cap.

But yes lots of opportunity for trades

Comment

• Haha.

Knicks can have all of them. Weems, Alabi, Gray, Butler, Carter, Forbes, Anderson, Magloire for Lin and Fields.

Comment

2) stats indicate the Knicks are better on the floor, his win share is 60%, his oppPER per 48mins is 15.2 at SG and 13.8 at SF.
              I don't think you understand how win shares are calculated.

I don't see how the stats support your claim. The average PER always hovers around 15. His oppPER indicates that he'll be an average or marginally above average defender at best.
              3) over one game? Definitely not. Over the course of 66 games? I think it certainly is relevant and, yes, does translate to wins with sufficient minutes played per game.
              +/- is one of the most useless stats in basketball. It's more dependent on the quality of a player's teammates than any other stat.

Case in point: Josh Harrellson has a 8.5 +/-

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Take Weems. Who cares?
                He would be rather redundant if the Knicks do not match

Comment

Are you a GM?

Is this really Chad Ford?

How do you know?

I certainly don't know that of which I do know.
                  I am not a GM and either is Chad Ford but have you heard any reports at all of any team offering Fields a contract let alone a 3 year $20 million dollar deal?

As for the comment of him being not as good as Batum that is my humble opinion. Perhaps you disagree but as our friend Nash has indicated, money is respect in the NBA and there has been more respect offered to Batum apparently than there has been for Fields.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                    1) When Woodson took over did you see Fields turn into a lock-down defender? Shumpert perhaps but not Fields.
                    2) What do the stats indicate? Once again please show me how he is a lock-down defender
                    3) + and - are cool but does it translate to wins?

For the 1 and a half years that he was playing for DÀntonio and an offensive minded squad where was his offensive production? Anthony killed it. Right.

You still can`t respond either to the money invested into a role player.

Fields is a role player and I do not see these type of contracts being handed out to these type of dudes unless they are bigs.
                    All contract gripes aside, I'm not sure where this Fields-is-a-bad-defender stuff is coming from. I'm not going to throw out any stats, just a few observations to quell some of the vitriol.

1) Fields is a 3. He's got SF size, lacks SG speed, and rebounds like a forward. Everything about his game indicates that he should be played at the 3, not the 2. As a result, making him play the 2 (see: C. Anthony) is going to make it tougher for him on defense.

2) I watched a decent amount of knicks games. Fields was consistently asked to guard the best wing on the floor (whether that was to keep Anthony out of foul trouble, or just because Fields was the better defender, who knows). Again, that is going to (especially statistically) influence his perceived defensive abilities.

3) Nothing fancy here: he passes the eyeball test. Watch some footage -- the guy is a solid defender. Moves his feet, closes out well, rotates well, uses his weight effectively, boxes out well etc.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      Take him! Please!
                      Co-Signed.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Batum hasn't really proved to be that kind of player. 14 million a year? Forget that. Both players have potential. But there's no way you can tell me Batum has more potential than Fields.
                        Why can I not?

Look at their respective numbers since they have been in the league.

What basis would be your argument for indicating that Fields has equal or more potential than Batum?

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                          Haha.

I was hoping to hold onto Bayless

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            i guess Machado might be getting a call after all
                            He is playing with Houston's summer league team.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                              I 'll agree with the amnesty, but I think the exemptions are gone except for this one

l
                              I don't see how they lose their Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception. The bi-annual I realize they used on Forbes. But they are not a tax-payer and well under the luxury tax threshold.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                                My concern is the Bird right's as well. They are exemptions for teams over the cap.

But yes lots of opportunity for trades
                                But the MLE is for teams over the salary cap. The Raps have used their MLE on this deal: $5M, $5M, $9M poison pill.

Comment

Working...
                                X