OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Exactly. I love how Casey is basically telling BC who to go for; Lowry, Fields, Gray. Solid offseason so far
    Yeup, clearing up the log jam at the wings, now we need to rid the PF jam, and gain an asset with a Calderon trade.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      Yeup, clearing up the log jam at the wings, now we need to rid the PF jam, and gain an asset with a Calderon trade.
      I would be a happy Raptor fan for the first time in a while

Comment

I would be a happy Raptor fan for the first time in a while
        I've been a happy Raptor fan ever since we acquired Coach Dwane Casey.

Comment

Yep, and worried a little that 2011/2012 sucking might have been for naught, even tho DC clearly changed the culture for the better re hustle, discipline and D, winning mentality (which is hard to do while clearly trying to lose like other teams did). Ross makes me feel a lot better about that 8th pick and a difficult 2011/2012.

Adding Jonas, Ross, Fields, Lowry and Acy over one summer is a huge injection of talent (for any team) who can all play DC's system. And we most likely are not done. I'd like to see a Jose and Ed trade if it could improve the team, I could even give up DD if it meant a big upgrade. If not, happy going in to the season with all 3, have Jose backup perhaps trade at deadline, see if Ed can improve see if DD or Ross can settle in to (be comfortable with) being a dynamic 6th man. Things are looking good anyway you cut it.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
            Yep, and worried a little that 2011/2012 sucking might have been for naught, even tho DC clearly changed the culture for the better re hustle, discipline and D, winning mentality (which is hard to do while clearly trying to lose like other teams did). Ross makes me feel a lot better about that 8th pick and a difficult 2011/2012.

Adding Jonas, Ross, Fields, Lowry and Acy over one summer is a huge injection of talent (for any team) who can all play DC's system. And we most likely are not done. I'd like to see a Jose and Ed trade if it could improve the team, I could even give up DD if it meant a big upgrade. If not, happy going in to the season with all 3, have Jose backup perhaps trade at deadline, see if Ed can improve see if DD or Ross can settle in to (be comfortable with) being a dynamic 6th man. Things are looking good anyway you cut it.
            If DD is moved for an all-star and possible olympic gold medalist like Andre Iguodala, I'm all for it.

In the beginning I was VERY unhappy hearing these rumours, but Iguodala is one of the NBA's best...

Comment

I give him another 2 and a half season before someone starts the "fire Casey thread". Its what frustrated Raptor Fans do when MLSE cannot be replaced and they need an easy scape goat to throw under the bus when the team doesn't get better.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                I give him another 2 and a half season before someone starts the "fire Casey thread". Its what frustrated Raptor Fans do when MLSE cannot be replaced and they need an easy scape goat to throw under the bus when the team doesn't get better.
                please enough optimism

Comment

• Lowry/Fields are introduced to Toronto at noon today.

Here is the stream:
                  http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptors-live

Comment

• Eric Koreen: In justifying the contract, BC compares Fields to Shane Battier
                    Thought?

Comment

• Wonder what number he wears, maybe he keeps the number 2, since JJ is gone.
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Fields is wearing #9.

Time to get a Rasual Butler jersey from a Salvation Army thrift store and tape "FIELDS" over it
                        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

This made me LOL ------>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u86Ze...eature=related

sorry I have no idea how to embed videos
                          You need to use the "Advanced" link (bottom of page) to write/reply a post. This provides editing features and cel/movie icon is the one to use when embedding a vid.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                            Thought?
                            re the Battier comparison I am not sure LF is quite the defensive demon Battier has been for so many years now. SB is also a well rounded player including great character attributes and this would be more in line. If LF comes close to becoming a SB this would have been a helluva acquisition.

ps...if SB was not on the Heat they may very well not won this year...he was the glue guy and shut down defender helping lessen that burden for Lebron & Wade.

Comment

• I like Fields already

@ekoreen

Landry Fields: "There are not many egos here." Then he coughed, although it sounded weirdly like "Carmelo."
                              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                                I like Fields already

Still funny!

Comment

Working...
                                X