Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Landry can play SF, Derozan is safe

Nash, Bayless
    Derozan, Ross
    Fields, Johnson
    Bargs, Ed
    Val, Amir

Im a big fan of starting next year with this roster.

that's actually a decent lineup I wouldn't be ashamed of. Playoffs here we come! woooooh!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      +1

I've never been so proud of BC! In the words of Axl Rose:

You wanna f*ck with me?
      Don't f*ck with me.

Nevermind the fact I do like Fields and his girlfriend is smoking hot.
      Why is paying $20 million over 3 years a good move for the Raps for essentially a bench player?

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        id have to agree.. if im the suns id rather let nash walk for nothing then take NY's bagage handlers in a S&T.. thed have to be more willing to take Jose that that crap.. unless they are truelly insane
        Plus Brooks is a shoot first, shoot second PG and Marshall is hardly ready to start, in my opinion.

Brooks off bench.
        Calderon allows Marshall to get his feet wet and adjust to NBA.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
          Why is paying $20 million over 3 years a good move for the Raps for essentially a bench player?
          Read the whole thread. It has been discussed.

Comment

I guess a worse case scenario would be if the Knicks do sign Nash then the likelihood of the Raptors signing Lin looks pretty good as well. So, its a nice "Plan B" to fall back on, don't you think?

Comment

Why can we not do a S&T involving Calderon, Kleiza, and our trash?
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Also, if NewYork DOES get Nash, are we happy with Lin?

Comment

before the NY melo drama.. Fields was playing really well.. was considered by most to be the steal of his draft year.. since Melo has a habit of hogging the spotlight it hasnt left much room for anyone else to do anything.. melo has destroyed that team IMO.. i expect if we do get Fields He'll have a bouce back year..

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Read the whole thread. It has been discussed.
                    Yeah I saw comments like him being a 'lock-down defender' (have you all watched Fields play for the Knicks the last 2 years? He's no lock-down defender) or reverting to his 8ppg averages in his rookie year.

If Nash wasn't considering signing here would everyone be as joyous about this signing as they are now? lol

This is getting insane

Comment

Fields was a starter in his rookie season, if he build off of his performance then, we are getting a good, improving, young, Dwanye Casey starter for 6.67mil/yr

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        before the NY melo drama.. Fields was playing really well.. was considered by most to be the steal of his draft year.. since Melo has a habit of hogging the spotlight it hasnt left much room for anyone else to do anything.. melo has destroyed that team IMO.. i expect if we do get Fields He'll have a bouce back year..
                        Fields is a solid role player. Why pay a role player $20 million over 3 years?

Comment

Fields is a solid role player. Why pay a role player $20 million over 3 years?
                          Role player who can shoot the three, defend, hustle, and high IQ. Im sure he is going to blossom over his years here! He is one of those veteran young players.

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                            For those of you who were curious about him being too short to be a small forward... he's 6'6.5 barefoot so he is most likely at the very least 6'7.5 in shoes and i think that 6'7.5 is plenty height for small forward does anybody know if he is an above average ball handler?
                            He only has an average wingspan though: 6"9

Comment

I think Landry can play small forward (better than DeMar or Weems anyways), but I was hoping that we could get a better scoring SF whom could also play the role of the closer. Still I would grade the addition of Landry as a solid base hit.....now we need a homer from BC to drive the run in.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                Fields was a starter in his rookie season, if he build off of his performance then, we are getting a good, improving, young, Dwanye Casey starter for 6.67mil/yr
                                And last year a rookie took his job.

How good is he that he is worth that type of money? It's not a large contract but for a role player it is quite a increase in pay without much upside.

Comment

Working...
                                X