OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaworski wrote: View Post
    ...we will have to sign DeRozan and Jonas to big contracts in a couple of years... but will we be able to if in a couple of years we're committed to $50 million even without the aforementioned young guys?
    HA, only way DeRozan gets a big contract is if someone gets fooled into this potential his agent sold everyone on from day 1.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      JV is on a rookie deal for 4 years.

DeRozan is not necessarily a keeper with Ross and Fields after next season. The market will also dictate his value as Raps have right to match.

I am not worried about the future.
      Yup. All of a sudden, DeRozan becomes our biggest trading chip. Wonder what Memphis thinks of him?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Yup. All of a sudden, DeRozan becomes our biggest trading chip. Wonder what Memphis thinks of him?
        Unfortunately they need shooters to space the floor as well to allow Gasol and Z-Bo to do their thing.

Comment

• DeRozan is a cheap player right now. Don't just assume they're going to move him. He might get pushed to the bench at some point this season though. I think Amir and Ed are the guys who should be top on the chopping block given the depth chart. The Raptors have been weak at the wing so to me it doesn't make sense to trade a good cheap one away as soon as they add a couple more players at the position.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            DeRozan is a cheap player right now. Don't just assume they're going to move him. He might get pushed to the bench at some point this season though. I think Amir and Ed are the guys who should be top on the chopping block given the depth chart. The Raptors have been weak at the wing so to me it doesn't make sense to trade a good cheap one away as soon as they add a couple more players at the position.
            I was talking about after this upcoming season.

As for this year though, what if he returns a better player under contract for more years? There is no doubt the Ross drafting and Fields signing is making the 'need' for DD less and less moving forward.

Comment

• No doubt but if the Raptors are ever going to be good they need depth on the wing. DeRozan is a lot different player than Fields and Ross. DeRozan is the perfect kind of fast break guy to run with Steve Nash. To me it wouldn't make sense to move him right now(this year). Based on DeRozan's current level of play, are you worried that somebody is going to give him a big contact?
              Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jul 3, 2012, 09:41 PM. Reason: .

Comment

No doubt but if the Raptors are ever going to be good they need depth on the wing. Based on DeRozan's current level of play, are you worried that somebody is going to give him a big contact?
                Sadly, no. Which was a big reason why I'm not worried about the future as Jaworski seems to be.

Comment

• http://raptorsrepublic.com/2012/07/0...nts-on-fields/

Liston with a great breakdown of the trade. Certainly addresses many posts in this thread. Worth the read.

Comment

• i love this move, whether or not it brings in nash. fields is a player. read that the cap hit is a bit more 6 mil a year which isn't bad as long as he is capable of starting, which i think he is. he is a player that thrives in a system where his intelligence can become a factor and that is what casey will build. we aren't going to be okc that way. we will be a fast break team that plays half court sets smartly when the break goes bad. this is where off ball cutters/screeners/pickers and rollers come in and fields is a strong player that way.

Comment

• Sources have Nash giving time to the Knicks to figure out a sign and trade..... Buy or sell?! Is it even possible anymore?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Sign_And_Trade

Comment

• Toinsy wrote: View Post
                        Sources have Nash giving time to the Knicks to figure out a sign and trade..... Buy or sell?! Is it even possible anymore?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Sign_And_Trade
                        slim chance but i guess anything is possible.. the Lakers are reportedly making a strong push for nash aswell according to david aldridge.

Comment

• looks like BC's sly dealings backfired.

If Nash wants to go to Knicks we should let him go. No point forcing a player to sign for us when he is clearly not interested.

Comment

• So if Nash spurns the Raptors after they went after him full steam and had a lot of his fans worked up, what does that do to his public image in Canada?

Comment

So if Nash spurns the Raptors after they went after him full steam and had a lot of his fans worked up, what does that do to his public image in Canada?
                              nothing.

he will win the championship and tell everyone he loves canada.

Comment

So if Nash spurns the Raptors after they went after him full steam and had a lot of his fans worked up, what does that do to his public image in Canada?
                                Honestly, not much if he goes to the Lakers or Mavs, most ppl would understand him taking less money for a chance to win, but if he spurns us for the Knicks, a divisional rival, you may hear some jeers

Comment

Working...
                                X