No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point, amnesty Calderon, sign Ilyasova and call it a day.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Considering....

1) Knicks played no defense until Woodson arrived,
      2) stats don't back up your claim,
      3) Knicks were +5.5 with him on the court and -0.2 with him off

.....I call B.S.

The biggest issue with Fields is his drop off in offensive production - which coincidentally coincided with the arrival of Carmelo "Ball Stopper/Team Quitter/Me, Me, Me" Anthony.
      When Melo was injured from Feb 8-19, Fields avg close to 17pts/7rebs/5asts at 33mins per game.

Comment

geo wrote: View Post
        hollinger tweeted that the contract is a joke because 3rd year is about 9.8 mil....the contract is averaged out for toronto right?
        Yes.

Hollinger is a joke when it comes to Toronto.

He is either ignorant or has a personal beef with Colangelo.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          At this point, amnesty Calderon, sign Ilyasova and call it a day.
          #winning

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
            When Melo was injured from Feb 8-19, Fields avg close to 17pts/7rebs/5asts at 33mins per game.
            I'd check those numbers again. That or my math is wrong.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo.../landry-fields

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...armelo-anthony

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Im sure Nash sees the Raptors as a better option, we are more functional then NYK in my opinion, but is Lin really that unattractive?
              Jeremy Lin is a very attractive man ... all things considered.
              Unfortunately, his looks have nothing to do with his Basketball abilities.
              (HAH! See what I did there?)

What gives me pause when it comes to assessing Lins game, is how overwhelming the green-cloud of 'Hype' is hanging over his head. Its very difficult to assess ones abilities honestly when there is so much rhetoric being bandied about.

I watched enough of the 'Linsanity' last year to know that, Yes, the kid can play. Theres no denying that.
              But can he play in a system where protecting the Ball, is valued more than producing the Flashy play?
              I'm not so sure on that one. His turnover numbers were off-the-charts.
              And going by the PPR, Turnovers are valued as more detrimental than Assists are beneficial.
              And by my count, Lin is a detriment.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                #winning
                ..oh, and get Nash too..ha ha.

Comment

Fields 2P% improved from 50.2% to 55.7% playing with Lin last season.

Imagine with Nash?
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Calderon isn't that much worse at setting up players around him than Nash...

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      Fields 2P% improved from 50.2% to 55.7% playing with Lin last season.

Imagine with Nash?
                      And Fields is a smart guy. He knows where to be on the floor. Nash could set him up quite nicely.

I'm amped for the Fields signing. I love, love, love that kid.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        yes.. hes ok but not better then Jose.. & i doubt he ever lives upto the stretch of games he put together..i think the flash in a pan label is bang on
                        i agree...honestly i think adding lin would the worst move the raptors can make. I would rather keep jose expiring contract and see what we could get at the trade deadline. If no bites i would consider devin harris in next years free agency. the best option tho is nash i think landry compliments him so well...landry is a more athelitic, younger and has a better upset of a jared dudley. If BC lands nash and landry i would be very happy, i don't want to see DD moved tho i think he has a real shot at being good

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          not saying i like the $ just the player.. hes RFA & hes cheaper then Batum.. you have to over pay a little in these situations.. or teams just match.. BC also may be hoping they do match though so well have to wait & see how it plays out i guess
                          He is cheaper than Batum because he is not anywhere near as good a player as Batum is.

I will wait and see how it plays out as none of us knows what the future holds but no other team in the league is offering Landry Fields that type of contract.

Comment

• he averaged 10.5 ppg 5.2 rpg 47.8% from the field with melo out. no idea what that'd convert to at 33 mins per game
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              Calderon isn't that much worse at setting up players around him than Nash...
                              The Raptors want to get out and run this year (they've wanted to go in that direction for a couple of years), but Jose is not that kind of guy. How many times have we seen Jose go out and run a fast break only to stop and set up a half court offense instead? Jose is a good point guard, but he's not as good as Nash.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                                He is cheaper than Batum because he is not anywhere near as good a player as Batum is.

I will wait and see how it plays out as none of us knows what the future holds but no other team in the league is offering Landry Fields that type of contract.
                                I'd rather give Fields 3 years, 20 million than give Batum 4 years, 56-60 million.

Comment

Working...
                                X