The Summer league thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Sacramento's Isiah Thomas is listed at 5'9" and was the last player drafted in 2011. He made the team and was eventually given the starting job based upon his performance.
    I'm aware. Was a BIG Isaiah Thomas fan coming out of Washington.
    Always liked his game; felt it would translate nicely.
    Same with Kemba.

I guess I should have elaborated as to why I was passing on Tu.
    Just not a fan of his game. Doesn't help his case thats he's 5'11".

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Could be the next great Canadian!
      The next great Canadian is already in the NBA, on my Cavaliers!

All reports from this Summer point to TT having considerably improved in a few areas. I may even see him sink more jumpers in a month than I did all of last season according to one report.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
        The next great Canadian is already in the NBA, on my Cavaliers!

All reports from this Summer point to TT having considerably improved in a few areas. I may even see him sink more jumpers in a month than I did all of last season according to one report.
        Big fan of TT. I remember saying that he could go HIGH in the draft if the stars aligned.
        Really hope he goes HAM next year, and proves he's worth that #4 pick.

Comment

The Raps will officially announce their summer league roster tomorrow, per Raptors Tweets in the past 15-20 mins

RaptorsPR‏@RaptorsPR
          Basketball players ;-) Will release roster tmrw "@romeolingao: Who's on the roster for #Raptors summer league squad?
          RaptorsPR‏@RaptorsPR
          No. Site even has coaching staff incorrect. @L_Murr: @RaptorsPR Roster went up fir summer league on http://nba.com is that final?

Comment

ESPN has a Vegas summer league preview:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...eague-the-east

Playing for the Raptors is Terrell Stoglin.

Terrell Stoglin: The Maryland point guard had a bizarre spring. After leading the team in scoring as a sophomore, Stoglin was booted off the team for a year for violating the student-athlete code of conduct. Stoglin subsequently declared for the draft, and though he had an army of Twitter fans touting his first-round bona fides, he was ultimately passed over.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              i love that Uzoh at 6'2 weighs more than Ross who is 6'7
              Uzoh is a pretty big point guard, long and strong.

I hope out Summer League starters end to be Orton, Davis, Carney, Ross, and Uzoh,
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Terrell Stoglin might be a good 3rd string pg to develop and uzoh might be an ok backup if we cant find a better one

Comment

The Summer League started at 8 am this morning! I hope they have coffee by the players' bench.

The Raptors play the Rockets at 6 pm. Three of my pre-draft favourites, White, Lamb, and T. Jones will be playing for the Rockets. From what I am reading all three could end up in Orlando soon.

Comment

Apparently Holloway isn't on the team anymore
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Could someone tell me if we are limited to signing players from our summer league team only? Are they all unrestricted free agents?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        Could someone tell me if we are limited to signing players from our summer league team only? Are they all unrestricted free agents?
                        Any first round pick, second round pick from this year or a player who has rights owned by the team they are playing for (i.e. Euro stash or pick not signed to a contract but not renounced either) cannot be signed.

Any player who is signed to just a summer league contract is eligible to be signed by any team.

So Terrence Ross can't be signed by anyone (1st round pick), Acy can't be signed by anyone other than Toronto (2nd round pick), Bobby Brown can be signed by anyone (unrestricted free agent).

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          I believe summer league is a mix of players under contract (ie: Ross), players whose rights are owned (ie: 2nd round draft picks like Acy and RFAs like Uzoh) and UFAs. The way I understand it, any team can target any UFA, regardless whether they are playing summer league for their own team, another team or not at all.

Comment

Thanks guys. There are several players in s. league that went undrafted which look good. Some good possible third string point guards if Uzoh doesn't pan out.

Comment

Kyle O'Quinn and Andrew Nicholson are having really nice Summer Leagues.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Vesely had 10 personal fouls today against the Hawks summer league team.

Comment

Working...
                                X