The Summer league thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    i think Acy's got the motor and skill to be kind of a poor mans Faried. People forget how much Faried dominated in college, though. Acy was a second round pick.
    What happens if Acy is playing at Morehead State and is "The Man" on the team? Chances are he is putting up a big double double with an extra block. Don't get me wrong, Faried is a unique talent and had a great rookie year, I don't expect that much from Acy, but he would of had big numbers if he was not on a team with multiple future NBA players on it.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

When does summer league start and will it be on NBA TV Canada?

Comment

Acy has great upper body strength, but unlike Faried and Evans, Acy's legs look like sticks. He has a great motor, but I think he will need to develop better lower body strength before he can join the Faried/Evans conversation as it pertains to rebounding.

Comment

Isn't it great?

That period following the draft and before preseason when Raptor fans nation wide start hyping up unknown 2nd round picks, D Leaguers and overseas americans who most likely will never amount to anything in the league? The PJ Tuckers, Uros Slokars,the Rokos, the Douby's, the guys with flashy names like Homicide...
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

If Lithuania loses on Friday, and they have a tough challenge against Puerto Rico, Valanciunas will suddenly be available for summer league.

Comment

has the roster been released at all? i haven't seen anything.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Anyone see Nicholson show up today for Orlando? 24 points and a nasty block. How good do you guys think he can be in the NBA?
                Last edited by Red and White; Mon Jul 9, 2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Comment

Will raptors summer league games be on NBA TV Canada?

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                      Anyone see Nicholson show up today for Orlando? 24 points and a nasty block. How good do you guys think he can be in the NBA?
                      They're already talking about him on NBA.com!

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...s-early-magic/

recommend you check out the interview with him at the bottom of the link.
                      Seems like a real laid back cat (not to mention he's SMRT!), who has ALOT of confidence in his game. Could be the next great Canadian!
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Jul 9, 2012, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Although, always have to keep in mind; Summer League doesn't tell you who can play. Only tells you who can't.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          has the roster been released at all? i haven't seen anything.
                          From Doug Smiths Blog:
                          http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

"One thing we don’t know yet, though, is who’s on the Summer League roster. It’s a rather fluid situation as teams try to piece together workable groups and agents try to get their clients into the most enviable situations.

One thing to know, though: The only people on the Toronto roster who really matter are Ed Davis, Terrence Ross and, to a somewhat lesser degree, Quincy Acy.

The rest is flotsam and jetsam and while someone will undoubtedly score a lot of points and make their names known, this is all about seeing how Davis and Ross and Acy perform."

Comment

Raptors Summer League 2012?

Does anyone know when the Raps play in the Raps schedule is for Summer League 2012 and what their Roster is? Been looking on ESPN and NBA.com and don't seem to see it.

Also, Sullinger & Jones had a great first game. How much stock can we put into the results from summer league.

My bad if there is a thread already started about this. Please feel free to delete or move if one already been started.

PEACE!

Comment

They start Friday. http://www.nba.com/summer-league/gameline/20120713/

Comment

Thank you very much Raptor_11. Very kind of you and sorry guys for not keeping a tab on that. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                                X