The Summer league thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tucas wrote: View Post
    Idk I don't think you can look at his shooting percentage and say its a completely bad game, that's one aspect of his game that's been bad this game, his defense has been incredible and he's been getting to the line a lot more this game and that's where he's getting all of his points.
    His shooting from the line wasn't great. I guess I'm just disappointed after he had what I thought was a great first game. Hoping for that level of consistency all the way through, especially when we draft him for his shooting and his misses all of his threes (the one I saw was a really good look, too.) I have enjoyed Smitch doing color. It's just not in that guy's DNA to be pleasant.

Summer League itself is just kind of depressing, too. I'm sure we just watched a bunch of guys play themselves out of an opportunity at living their dream, at least for another year.

Comment

• Ross just dribbled the length of the floor did a spin move to get into the heart of the D and dished off to a cutting big who got the basket and one. I've NEVER seen Demar do that. I have a official man crush on Ross.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I thought his curl move off the screen to the 3 point line for open shot (which he made) in the first half was pretty smooth. Dare I say Ray Allen-esque.

Comment

• I never thought anyone could be as annoying a commentator as Leo, but Sam is on par.

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
            I hope he holds on to Jose unless he picks up a proven back up. On a serious note how is TO losing to the Heat summer league team...
            Raps went 8-0 in last year's summer league.

Summer league means very little from a team perspective.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
              I know it's just the summer league but acy isnt looking like a good pick.... At all.
              That's not the case.... at all. Acy will have a career in the NBA, and as such is a good pick as a second rounder. He'll be a rotation guy which is excellent with the 37th pick.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                anyone feel that Wright is taking too many shots?

Ross having another good showing again. It's just the shot selection. He looks like his going to be a volume shooter. His just not going to get the shots his getting in summer leagues during the season .
                Like Sam Mitchell was saying, Ross has the green light. Running through screens, catch and shoot. He's going to miss a lot of those, but it shows he can get it off, and gives them a lot of film to give him pointers. Ross is going to be a very good player.

Comment

• oldmanweldon wrote: View Post
                  I don't know, I think Ross has been pretty bad. Obviously no one has been good (Ed at least showing something) but a guy with Ross' abilities should be able to shoot better than 25% against Miami's team of scrubs.
                  But he is taking good shots, that is huge. Obviously he has been told to run off screens, catch and shoot. You will not see him force those shots in a regular season game, but it gives coaches a sense of what he can do. What is important, is that he can get his shot of pretty much whenever he wants. And for the most part, he's doing everything right. Even a lot of the shots he missed were good shots. If he was taking a lot of ill advised, really well contested shots I'd be concerned, but he didnt. Ross is and will be a player. Period. Great pick!

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    Ross just dribbled the length of the floor did a spin move to get into the heart of the D and dished off to a cutting big who got the basket and one. I've NEVER seen Demar do that. I have a official man crush on Ross.
                    He's awesome dude. Me too. Has totally exceeded my expectations. That kid can flat out play.

Comment

• 2 years in a row now I have looked like an idiot second guessing BCs draft picks ... I guess I should acknowledge that I'm not a pro scout nor do I have any front office training. Next year regardless of pick I'm just gonna nod, finish my beer, pay my tab and go home
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                        That's not the case.... at all. Acy will have a career in the NBA, and as such is a good pick as a second rounder. He'll be a rotation guy which is excellent with the 37th pick.
                        I'll believe that when he shows some decent play. How's he suppost to become a rotation player if our 3rd string PF is looking like an Allstar compared to him in the summer league.

Comment

• I'm not calling Ed Davis bad by any means Ive seen improvement in him that I didn't expect to see

Comment

• i saw him go right a couple times!
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              2 years in a row now I have looked like an idiot second guessing BCs draft picks ... I guess I should acknowledge that I'm not a pro scout nor do I have any front office training. Next year regardless of pick I'm just gonna nod, finish my beer, pay my tab and go home
                              you won't have to worry too much. If our pick is high enough to critic it will be going to Houston anyway. So, there's the silver lining

Comment

• I know it's just the summer league games and it's the first "professional" match for rookies, but Rivers not playing so well against Lillard.
                                Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Mon Jul 16, 2012, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X