• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i can't wait till they do their "behind the draft" thingy
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
      how to you know ross isnt the best player available for the raps? they said he was the next guy on their board...

Are you guys really bashing BC after 3 summer league games? holy shit have some patience hasnt played an nba game yet....you might as well bash jonas while you at it
      I'll mention this one last time

the statement was Ross "was highest on their list of best prospects of available players." While Rucker was indicating Ross was the best prospect available on a list of certain players who fit the team.

I didn't say anything about how good Ross was or wasn't or my feelings on him as a draft pick.

(which if people actually care what I think he was a better choice than Lamb or Rivers, but not a better choice than taking some others who were available)

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        My apologies. Confusion set in Because you quoted me in the reply.

The picking of Ross over Lamb seems very Unlike past BC decisions IMO.
        no worries. Undue sarcasm leads to confusion especially when you can't pass on tone via text.

Comment

• This may be the first and only time we see this on the daily dime site

"6. Best Of The Night

Davis
          Ed Davis, Raptors: The versatile big man showed off all his skills in the Toronto Raptors' 86-76 loss to the Dallas Mavericks. Davis scored 23 points on 9-for-14 shooting from the field to go along with seven rebounds and played assertively in the paint all afternoon."

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...716/daily-dime

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
            I heard McHale (Lamb's new coach) rave over Ross and say that the Rockets wished that he had slipped to them at #12. For what it's worth...
            And from the rumors I read after the draft, that is why no 'Lowry for #8' trade went down, because the Raps wanted Ross and knew he wouldn't be available at #16 or #18. As is stands, the Raps got Ross and Lowry and gaveup a pick that may or may not be better than a #8 pick. I think BC made the right choice.

Comment

• Craiger wrote: View Post
              This was from the Alex Rucker interview with Tom Liston

but then later in the interview he goes on to say:

given that, it sounds like what the Raptors saw as 'best player available' is different than when fans talk 'best player available'. What I mean by that is Raptors choose best player available in context of a 'need' (or 'fit'), and not necessarily the absolute 'best player'.

What the Raptors needed was a wing player who could shoot and contribute immediately. (not suprising given Casey's post season comments)

Put more simply, the Raptors selected the most reliable and likely to contribute wing player available. But passed on the 'high ceiling, low floor' guys along with potentially better players who played other positions in doing so.

What the Raptors are calling the best player available is probably much more likely defined in fan lingo as best fit.
              Good point. I didn't really think about that. Partly because I assumed the guy from their higher ranked prospect that slipped because of injuries was Sullinger who doesn't play a position of need.

Comment

I heard McHale (Lamb's new coach) rave over Ross and say that the Rockets wished that he had slipped to them at #12. For what it's worth...
                hmmmm...I wonder how Lamb feels about that nugget...no wonder McHale has problems with some of his personnel (Lowry, Budinger and maybe more)

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  hmmmm...I wonder how Lamb feels about that nugget...no wonder McHale has problems with some of his personnel (Lowry, Budinger and maybe more)
                  From all I've read McHale is awful, I'm surprised everyone on the team didn't turn on him. They better hope they don't get Howard cause at least 20 year old kids will be too scared to talk back.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                    From all I've read McHale is awful, I'm surprised everyone on the team didn't turn on him. They better hope they don't get Howard cause at least 20 year old kids will be too scared to talk back.
                    It either could be the funniest most dysfunctional coach - player relationship with Mchale getting fired before 10 games are done, or it could be the best thing to ever happen to Howard. Isn't Mchale really biased towards PF's/C's? I always heard that he pretty much treated them better than the rest of the team (a source for his history of poor relationships with guards maybe?). Anyways, Howard working with a guy who was a talented, successful, champion (sorry Ewing) PF/C would probably be a good thing, right? Who knows with that guy.

Comment

• Tomorrow will be Eddy D. versus T.Rob. Should be interesting!
                      But aside from that, I'm just really hoping Ross drops 30, or breaks a record

Comment

• ugh hopefully we win for once

Comment

Yep, forgot about that. McHale interviewed on air game 1. Said he hoped somehow Ross would fall to 12. Suprized he said it, but he did. A lot of folks have said that east coast writers and scouts didn't see as much of Ross because a huge number of his games started at 1030est. Strange in the age of pvr but seems like there is something to it when you hear it so often (east coast writers not seeing as much of western players)

Comment

• Everyone needs to see that I was just comparing who is the player giving better production right now, I never said anything that Lamb IS the better player...

Lamb is winning this battle, but I'm not doubting Ross will be the better player for the team in the future.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I do agree with Ceez that Ross was a Casey pick. I feel like Lamb was more of BC type of guy but with the change of culture I feel that he gave Casey the nod.

I also agree with Matt that not enough time isn't being put on the defensive side of the ball during these comparisons. Has anyone else notice how fast Ross closes out on shooters? He covers a lot of ground and quickly!
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                I do agree with Ceez that Ross was a Casey pick. I feel like Lamb was more of BC type of guy but with the change of culture I feel that he gave Casey the nod.

I also agree with Matt that not enough time isn't being put on the defensive side of the ball during these comparisons. Has anyone else notice how fast Ross closes out on shooters? He covers a lot of ground and quickly!
                                If this was indirect towards my comparison, a reason why I did not cover the defensive end is because our culture is defense, and we would draft a guy based on mostly his offensive game, not saying that would be the most reason we draft that type of player, but our outlook was a guy who could hold an offensive game, and that could address the need of shooting ability.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X