The Summer league thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I'm aware this is only a summer league game but Terrence Ross is legit. Great movement off the ball, better handles than DeRozan already, and no hitch in that 3pt shot.
    CWebb signed off on Ross. He likes his game.

And if you watched him at Washington, its pretty crazy how little adjustments he had to make to his game at the 'next' level. He's just comfortable out there. Period.

Great game from TDot.

Comment

• not really watching for wins, Davis has fixed his shot which is nice to see. He needs to get a lot more repetitions in because he looks a little uncomfortable shooting it. Acy will be a role player for us...probably next year after we sort out our bigs. If Davis can hit that shot and keep that work going Amir is officially irrelevant and can be moved...
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Sam Mitchell has found his Calling!!

He was made for TV! And I can't believe it took this long to figure it out! He loved the Camera in Toronto! haha

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          CWebb signed off on Ross. He likes his game.

And if you watched him at Washington, its pretty crazy how little adjustments he had to make to his game at the 'next' level. He's just comfortable out there. Period.

Great game from TDot.
          Yeah, I have to admit I was hoping for Barnes, was painful to see him slip to 7. But Ross looks legit like you say. I was always confused with his pre-draft ranking though (saw a bit of him in the PAC10 but was focused on Wroten more). All reports said, can jump out of the gym-crazy athleticism, great size, great first step, lethal shooter-nba range, solid and willing defender, ranked...12-15. Huhh?

Would be amazing if somehow losing the flip got us the better player.

Comment

• Watching Ed dribble the length of the court and throw it down on 2 guys was almost worth last season
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              Watching Ed dribble the length of the court and throw it down on 2 guys was almost worth last season
              Haha wow, im looking forward to the highlight

Comment

• Ed Davis didn't seem to bulk up much from the last time I saw him. I liked a couple of his post moves & his shot does not look that retarded anymore.

Ross is a gunner. He played like how he did in Washington, so I guess that is what I will expect of him. Not the primary option, but definitely can hit shots.

Both guys need to bulk up. Royce White looked massive right beside Davis & Ross looks pretty lanky. I was happy to see him play; I think he knows his role & he is good at it.
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, I have to admit I was hoping for Barnes, was painful to see him slip to 7. But Ross looks legit like you say. I was always confused with his pre-draft ranking though (saw a bit of him in the PAC10 but was focused on Wroten more). All reports said, can jump out of the gym-crazy athleticism, great size, great first step, lethal shooter-nba range, solid and willing defender, ranked...12-15. Huhh?

Would be amazing if somehow losing the flip got us the better player.
                  I'll be the first to admit that I was "Barnes or Bust". But I always liked Ross.

After catching a few of his highlights on the Net, I started to follow him a bit more closely, and I always thought he would be one of those guys who just had such a varied skillset (Shot, Defense, Handle, Athletic), but wouldn't suffer from the usual "Jack of all trades, master of none".
                  Never understood why he was ranked so late.
                  I thought he could easily be a Lottery pick. #8? Admittedly no, but I blame media influence for that. Haha
                  Because as soon as they called his name, I said "WHOA! OF COURSE BC!"

Obviously one Summer League game tells us nothing, but like I said, he just looks Comfortable. And that in itself is telling.
                  Last edited by Joey; Fri Jul 13, 2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Goodness Barnes is a scoring machine
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                      Ed Davis didn't seem to bulk up much from the last time I saw him. I liked a couple of his post moves & his shot does not look that retarded anymore.
                      I thought he looked a bit bigger up top, but he needs lower body strength as much as anything, gets pushed off the block and guys are able to body him away from the basket when he puts the ball on the floor. Hope he makes use of the next 3 months to put on more muscle. Also, some scramble rebound drills would do him some good (I'm sure doing), just learning to get intense and go after the ball hard, rip it hard, not sure if his hands will ever be soft enough to be a great rebounder. Another reason I like Acy pick, big guys have to practice against him every day.

Ross is a kid, he can put 20lbs on no problem. Someone said he'd need to put on 40lbs to be a SF, but Harrison Barnes is 228, an inch taller, and he's huge. He'll fill out and put on 15-20lbs over the next couple of years. But you don't want to mess with his quickness/athleticism.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        Man Orton is just awful
                        Brutal...

Comment

• For those who have watched the game, how did Lamb looked in comparsion to Ross?!

Comment

• IMO lamb would be to slow for our team he played well tho. Ross has game and I think with a point guard who can give him the ball when he makes those nice cuts can be a Richard Hamilton type guy.

Comment

• Liked a lot of what Ross did out there tonight. He's a lot more athletic than I first thought. Takes some of the sting out of missing out on Barnes. Just wish JV was playing in the summer league. Ed is still getting pushed around in the paint a bit too much for my liking. Just want him to get more assertive.

Comment

• All the rockets rookies looked good. It's funny, they could be onto something there but instead they're going to trade their entire promising roster for Orlando's poop and Howard.

Montewhatever really impressed me.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X