Plan B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i think BC using Gretzky in his sales pitch to nash may have been a bad move... didnt Gretzky turn down the leafs to sign with the Rangers at one point??? & hes still loved by canadians... damn 99!! LOL we should have had Don Cherry in the sales pitch not 99!! LOL
    Ya he'd call him a turncoat Russian if he didn't choose Canada.

Comment

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

With or w/out Nash, sources say, Raps will keep trying to trade for Kyle Lowry. Raps talked deals w/HOU at draft. Still want him either way
      WITH or without???

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        WITH or without???
        BC trying to save face - and, if it happens, make Lowry feel that he wasn't 2nd choice. I really wonder what we can give up that Houston would value.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          WITH or without???
          unless we give them derozan i dont see it happening

Comment

unless we give them derozan i dont see it happening
            Houston is so big on analytics and Derozan grades out terribly so not sure they would even value him that highly

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              No quotes from people in charge but Wolstat and a couple others saying Raps will now go for Dragic or Lowry
              Shouldn't we just stick with what we have? We might not have the elite players like most american teams but with a full training camp and Casey in charge we should be better. And if the guys on the team got any pride, they would work their butts off to prove everyone wrong about them.

Comment

pakdawgie wrote: View Post
                BC trying to save face - and, if it happens, make Lowry feel that he wasn't 2nd choice. I really wonder what we can give up that Houston would value.
                If Houston is in total salary dump mode, Toronto could acquire Lowry with the TPE, while flipping a future 1st round pick to Houston. After some of the deals that have gone down already, who knows what their motivations and/or the asking price would be!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Even if he says that his prime reason was to be with his chilren? As things stand it seems he is taking less.
                  Then he should have said in the beginning that it's not about the money, it's about the situation and doing what's best for the family. Not "Money is a sing of respect when it comes to his decision and that it does matter!" I know those weren't his exact words but you get my point. And I totally agree that family does come first. I should!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    If Houston is in total salary dump mode, Toronto could acquire Lowry with the TPE, while flipping a future 1st round pick to Houston. After some of the deals that have gone down already, who knows what their motivations and/or the asking price would be!
                    Stranger things have happened but I really doubt that Houston would do that. They have a good player at an attractive salary - that's a very nice asset. Maybe there are 3 way trade combinations that work. The time to do this deal was really at the 2012 draft.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      If i were Calderon, i'd silently ask for a trade. I'd say, enough is enough. Tried to trade me twice, and now possibly amnesty me and i'm still here. He'd definitely get a lot of takers.
                      Isn't that what Lamar did when LA wanted to trade him last year? I wouldn't blame him. He gave Toronto his heart and they tore it out, chewed it up and spat it out so the world could see.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        I think the pressing issue for Houston is for them to finding a starting PG first. Lowry may be available for the TPE, but I think we'll have to wait until July 11 for that deal to go down.

If NY gets Nash, and Houston gets Lin, I think Lowry will be ours.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                          Isn't that what Lamar did when LA wanted to trade him last year? I wouldn't blame him. He gave Toronto his heart and they tore it out, chewed it up and spat it out so the world could see.
                          if lamar asked to be traded then why was he so upset at leaving? why was bryant shocked he was traded? i think Kupcheck did that on his own, correct me if im wrong

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            Alright, so this Nash thing is getting dicey, what does everyone think BC has set for a plan b? I'd assume something for lowry, but who knows.

Dragic?
                            Roll with Calderon? - most likely imo

Interesting tidbit, george hill resigned with the pacers for 40 mil over 5 years. that's starter money. maybe Collison is on the block? Personally, id much rather have nash or lowry, obviously, but Collison is a nice player and was one of the most productive pacers in the playoffs. Just a thought.

Ideas?
                            Anything but "Roll with Calderon"
                            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

if lamar asked to be traded then why was he so upset at leaving? why was bryant shocked he was traded? i think Kupcheck did that on his own, correct me if im wrong
                              http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...hrough-2011912
                              He skipped practice because he was upset that they wanted to trade him. Read it for yourself. So they traded him.

Comment

If history holds true, Nash will sign with N.Y. Look at D. Williams. He could have went to Dallas, his home town to play. He chose to stay where the money and fame is. He can own the Nets. In Dallas he would be the second guy. There are others who have done the same thing. SO I guess I should be upset with Nash. And as for BC. Good for him for trying to make a name for himself and the Raps. Basketball in Canada is being discussed again. )

Comment

Working...
                                X