No announcement yet.

Plan B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think BC is making a push for Aaron Brooks?

Comment

• good god i hope not
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Yikes, checked out his stats, i guess he's not as good as I remember

Comment

• So now that we have the bulldog in town, What is the next step in this plan B?

Lowry, Calderon, Bayless
          Derozan, Ross
          Fields, Kleiza, Johnson
          Bargnani, Ed, Quincy
          Val, Amir

First off let me say that compare this team with ANYTHING that has come out of the summer the past 6 years, I believe this is the strongest unit yet under BC. What are we doing about our PG problem? We have pretty good expandable players (Calderon, Ed, Amir, Johnson) all of which could bring a a strong SF in the mix (Iguodala??) to officially round out the team. How do the salaries stack up? What are our options? Im sure there is more to go, but is there anyone we want, and realistically can have?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Not sure if this is the proper thread for this, but now that JKidd spurned the Mavs - they are going to be desperate for a PG. What if we traded Jose to the Mavs for Marion?

It's a been there done that, but Marion would be a good veteran presence. We need a SF. The Mavs need a PG. Both are expiring. Win-win? We could even try to get Dallas' first round pick in 2013.

Comment

• yeah, no.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Good Idea planet mars, Marion would not be the starter but would be a strong defensive veteran presence with some familiarity with current Raptor players. He is not the answer at SF for long, but I think he can be a great mentor to Fields. I like the idea of keeping our core players, rather then making a risk towards Iguodala. If we get a pick along with it, Im singing merry christmas!!

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  yeah, no.
                  Why not?

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Good Idea planet mars, Marion would not be the starter but would be a strong defensive veteran presence with some familiarity with current Raptor players. He is not the answer at SF for long, but I think he can be a great mentor to Fields. I like the idea of keeping our core players, rather then making a risk towards Iguodala. If we get a pick along with it, Im singing merry christmas!!
                    What a waste of an asset. The Raps already have 5 wings, so why would you want to add an overpaid, over-the-hill Marion? He'd be behind DeRozan, Ross, Fields and possibly Kleiza on the wing depth chart, IMO.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      What a waste of an asset. The Raps already have 5 wings, so why would you want to add an overpaid, over-the-hill Marion? He'd be behind DeRozan, Ross, Fields and possibly Kleiza on the wing depth chart, IMO.
                      i don't know about this. marion would out work everyone of those players. he would be a better defender then all of them as well and one aged vet on the starting lineup to keep the young players focused and responsible would also be a plus. i think that if marion were on this roster he would be the starting 3.

Comment

• Starting Demar and Marion = no 3 point shooting. They want shooters. Besides, what can old age Marion do that young JJ can't? Not to mention he's a lot cheaper

Comment

• Bargnani, Terrence Ross, Fields, Bayless, Calderon, Lowry, Kleiza all have 3pt shots. I think we are fine in that regard Raptor_11

Comment

• I just don't think starting derozan and Marion would make sense, considering one of their biggest needs in this offseason(stated by BC and Casey) was shooters. Obviously they have good shooters off the bench, but the starters typically play more

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              I just don't think starting derozan and Marion would make sense, considering one of their biggest needs in this offseason(stated by BC and Casey) was shooters. Obviously they have good shooters off the bench, but the starters typically play more
                              Yes and BC filled the need with 3 players who can shoot the 3 (Ross, pure shooter. Landry, Consistent shot. Fields, good spot-up) Marion in my opinion would be behind Fields, but would strengthen our SF nonetheless with serious veteran presence.

Comment

• I'd be fine with it as long as the log jam is cleared. JJ deserves 20-35 mins a game, IMO
                                But i'd still rather have JJ than Marion.. mostly because he was my favorite raptor to watch last season

Comment

Working...
                                X