Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...hrough-2011912
    He skipped practice because he was upset that they wanted to trade him. Read it for yourself. So they traded him.
    it still says nothing in there tht Lamar asked to be traded...that article was written before he even got traded to the mavs & after the N.O 3way deal for paul fell apart. just says how he stayed away from practice because of the energy he was feeling blah blah blah.. i think he would have gotten over it once kobe talked to him..

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
      If history holds true, Nash will sign with N.Y. Look at D. Williams. He could have went to Dallas, his home town to play. He chose to stay where the money and fame is. He can own the Nets. In Dallas he would be the second guy. There are others who have done the same thing. SO I guess I should be upset with Nash. And as for BC. Good for him for trying to make a name for himself and the Raps. Basketball in Canada is being discussed again. )
      D.Will was worried that "1 injury to Dirk would leave him on an island by himself" thats why he didnt choose Dallas.. he was also feeling the new additions made in Brooklyn. wasnt about being second behind dirk or the money at all
      Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jul 4, 2012, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Just checked in with Trump, and he says Nash ain't no Canadian. Says Nash for PM job is out of the question too.

Comment

Bring it Lowry!

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post

Bring it Lowry!
            what about roko?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I picture his hands in the air giving the '3' sign as he screams!
              Just thinking about it makes me want Jose to kick some serious ass next year.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                If Houston is in total salary dump mode, Toronto could acquire Lowry with the TPE, while flipping a future 1st round pick to Houston. After some of the deals that have gone down already, who knows what their motivations and/or the asking price would be!
                This. But I think Davis and a future 1st - lotto protected through the next 5 years would probably get it done.

Comment

But yeah, plan B was always Jose. And that's fine with me. Might as well tank properly now.

Comment

Why not throw a 4 year 36-40M (7.6,8.4,10or12,10or12) deal to Dragic and Ilyasova???? Not sure on how the structure would have to go but can't we use our Barbosa TPE in a S&T with one of them and offer JJ as compensation? End up trading Davis to the other team as a thanks and we are on our way.

If we can structure it right I would keep Calderon for this year and see if we can work out a friendly extension (much cheaper) as our back up or have 10M in expiring contracts to sign DeRozan if he proves himself.

Renounce Bayless and Weems and any other fodder that prevents this from happening.

Dragic / Calderon / Uzoh
                    DeRozan / Ross / Forbes
                    Ilyasova /Landry (if NY doesnt match) / Kleiza
                    Bargnani / Amir / Acy
                    Valaciunas (Young Nasty) / Przybilla (Bigger Nasty) / Magloire (Big Nasty)
                    Last edited by GoHuskies; Wed Jul 4, 2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• GoHuskies wrote: View Post
                      Why not throw a 4 year 36-40M (7.6,8.4,10,10) deal to Dragic and Ilyasova???? Not sure on how the structure would have to go but can't we use our Barbosa TPE in a S&T with one of them and offer JJ as compensation? End up trading Davis to the other team as a thanks and we are on our way.

If we can structure it right I would keep Calderon for this year and see if we can work out a friendly extension (much cheaper) as our back up or have 10M in expiring contracts to sign DeRozan if he proves himself.

Renounce Bayless and Weems and any other fodder that prevents this from happening.

Dragic / Calderon / Uzoh
                      DeRozan / Ross / Forbes
                      Ilyasova /Landry (if NY doesnt match) / Kleiza
                      Bargnani / Amir / Acy
                      Valaciunas / FA / FA
                      Why does everyone keep talking about tanking? How did that work out for Charlotte?

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        But yeah, plan B was always Jose. And that's fine with me. Might as well tank properly now.
                        The last thing Colangelo is going to do is tank it on a contract year. If anything a blockbuster trade is far more likely now.

Comment

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                          Why does everyone keep talking about tanking? How did that work out for Charlotte?
                          It worked out great. They got the 2nd pick.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                            Draft Express says we can get Adonis Thomas with the 8th pick next year. And he's a SF!!

Things are looking up already.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Sign the best young player available who will fit the system and them work a trade after the fact to fill in the gaps.

yup

Comment

• The problem with tanking is that it always come coupled with a losing culture. Losing is a painful, unpleasant experience. It grinds guys down. It makes a player, a team, an organization and an entire fanbase lose confidences. We're not winnning... we can't win... we suck.... this places sucks.... nothing good ever happens here... etc. This why teams that seem to be in the lotto every year can never turn the page. Warriors, Raptors, Kings, Bobbycats. And identity shift is required to turn it around; that's a much taller task than player development. You need a landmark event that remakes the franchise like a move (OKC) or a superstar acquisition that's semi-unbelievable (LAC). How can a team have Carmelo (undeniable scorer, effortless closer) and the DPOY but not be a legit contender? Because the Knick's losing culture limits the team's potential despite any 'sum of this parts' analysis.

So.. we need an identity shift here. We're not getting the star, and we sure as hell don't want to move. I argue the identity shift (or at least something that resembles one) is already underway with Casey's Pound the Rock mentality. But here's Colangelo trying to sign Nash and potentially crush any defensively-focused, youthful new identity.

I, personally, would find it VERY difficult to stomach an openly tanking season ala Bobs or Warriors.

Comment

Working...
                                X