Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Wow. My mind is blown. I didn't think they stood a chance after Dragic bolted and NY said they were matching on Lin. Kudos to BC -- in basketball terms this is probably a WAY better move than signing Nash to a bloated contract.

Can't wait to see Lowry get after it on D with coach Casey barking from the bench. Just awesome.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
        LOL! How does TO guarantee them a lottery pick?? They can get a protected pick, but whether it's lottery or not will depend on Raptors performance.

Either way, I would consider Lowry a "lottery" talent at this stage in his career, and he has GREAT contract. Giving away a pick is no big deal.
        Maybe it's a reverse system. If not in lottery it gets pushed to next year, until it just becomes the pick regardless of place.

Comment

• Hello Kyle!

Kyle Lowry ‏@Klow7
          Rednation I will miss you guys!!
          Expand
          Reply Retweet Favorite
          8m Kyle Lowry ‏@Klow7
          I just want to thank the city of Houston and the fans for showing me love like I was one of y'all own, and I'll always keep that in my heart
          Expand
          Reply Retweet Favorite

Comment

• The pick will go to houston next time the raptors don't make the playoffs. Well looks like they're not getting a pick this decade.

Comment

• The first rounder is being protected and yet guaranteed to be in the lottery (I have seen this being reported). wtf is that. The Raps intend to being shitty next season?

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                Actually Morey has a lot more leverage than before:
                1. 2013 draft is already looking better than 2012 in terms of talent level. We've already got like 4 potential franchise players in the top 10: Shabazz, Zeller, McAdoo, Poythress.
                I've read nothing but the opposite as far as next year's draft goes. Also we really should hope to be better than bottom 4.

Comment

• Can we try for Chandler Parsons now!!

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    this trade is so bittersweet
                    I know for many reason. The fact that we could have gotten Lowry at draft night and the fact that we had to give up Forbes. I actually kinda liked him. I don't really know why, but I do

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      The first rounder is being protected and yet guaranteed to be in the lottery (I have seen this being reported). wtf is that. The Raps intend to being shitty next season?
                      the pick is supposed to be protected if its too high but if its not a lotto pick houston waits till the next lotto pick we get
                      at least from what ive read so far

Comment

• I agree that next year's draft isn't as deep but if we disappoint (like we always have) and get lucky in the lottery...

McAdoo for Lowry is not something I can live with.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          Source - Click here
                          As much as I love both of them, I much rather have JJ on our team. He would be a really good back-up SF beside Fields or another FA SF.

Comment

• Well called this yesterday, can't remember on what post but no way Lowry was staying in Houston. Toronto was the easy choice. Kudos BC and Alvin Williams for getting him to buy into what we're doing.

Might be a good year for us for once. Building and not rebuilding feels nice.

What to do about the 3 now? lol

Comment

• Wojnarowski is saying it's Forbes not JJ

Comment

• ESPN trade machine: Holllinger's analysis of Lowry for Forbes:

Raptors +7 wins
                                Rockets -9 wins

Comment

Working...
                                X