Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Rockets' position strengthened, sources say, by fact no team has yet offered Magic better pick than first-rounder via Toronto in Lowry trade

The Raps trade for Lowry might end up being the reason why he is sent to the Western conference! Sweet. The other 3 teams (BOS, NYK, PHI) should all be required to send a first round pick and cash as a thank you.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Jul 10, 2012, 09:30 PM. Reason: Oops, thanks Katman.

Comment

• Did you mean "out of the eastern conference"?

Comment

• Please go west!

I would love for both Dwight and Bynum to be in the west coast. The last thing teams want in the Atlantic is a powerhouse in Brooklyn.
        Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

• 10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
          I would love for both Dwight and Bynum to be in the west coast. The last thing teams want in the Atlantic is a powerhouse in Brooklyn.
          Agreed.

Dwight to Brooklyn means 1st in Atlantic barring injury and a likely 1st or 2nd round seed.

Lopez resigning in Brooklyn means there is a new Atlanta in the East.

Comment

• Miami - added Ray Allen - Rashard Lewis (1st and 8th in 3pt shooting all time respectively) 1st in east
            Boston - added Jason Terry - Avery Bradley breaking out - Jeff Green resigned - Brandon Bass and KG as well 2nd in east
            Brooklyn - kept Williams - Joe Johnson - Gerald Wallace - and either Howard or Hump and Lopez is good for 3rd
            Chicago - D-Rose out till December no additions as of yet. Good for 4th
            Knicks - J.Kidd. Novak. Lin and Camby....
            Atlanta - Lou Williams kind of a sideways move but they will likely finish 6th

at least we can fight to see who get swept in the first round
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Agreed.

Dwight to Brooklyn means 1st in Atlantic barring injury and a likely 1st or 2nd round seed.

Lopez resigning in Brooklyn means there is a new Atlanta in the East.
              i think johnson/wallace/williams are still good for 2nd/4th in the east. i think they will be fighting boston for the atlantic without dwight.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                i think johnson/wallace/williams are still good for 2nd/4th in the east. i think they will be fighting boston for the atlantic without dwight.
                Maybe but I don't see them getting out of the 2nd round come playoff time.

Comment

• yeah with miami adding allen and lewis going to be hard for anyone to get out of the east

Comment

• It's never certain. Injuries can make or break a team's season. ie: Bulls
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• ugh the east is getting strong at the wrong time. Remember the time when players stayed on their own teams instead of bandwagoning like pussies

Comment

• http://www.turbozone.ca/latest/

Check this site out, this guy has great photoshop skills and a little too much time on his hands.

Comment

• nice pic

Comment

• Why is he wearing Calderon's number? Foreshadowing.....?

Comment

• Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange

I'm told the #Raptors have a trade call scheduled with #NBA to finalize Lowry deal; Lowry in TO for his physical

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Why is he wearing Calderon's number? Foreshadowing.....?
                                Lowry wears #7 normally, (which is obviously Bargs number) so I actually do wonder what he will choose.
                                Last edited by Joey; Wed Jul 11, 2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X