Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan can't still nix this, can he?

Comment

• this trade is so bittersweet
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• D Smith usually doesn't say it until it's confirmed

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...ouston-rockets

Comment

• goodbye sweet forbesy
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
            Yeah this was a pretty solid all around deal for the Raps.

I am confused as to why Houston did this? Is it to acquire more trade assets for Howard?
            well according to Adrian Wojnarowski the future 1rnd pick is "conditional with high upside" for Houston. "Guaranteed lottery pick."

so i guess this could still come back to haunt us

Comment

• We are so much better off long term with this kid

Comment

• Sam Amick wrote:
                On reported Kyle Lowry-to-Toronto trade, source says Houston will get future 1st rounder (protected) for either James Johnson or Gary Forbes
                Source - Click here

Comment

• Maybe Forbes sticks around?

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

On reported Kyle Lowry-to-Toronto trade, source says Houston will get future 1st rounder (protected) for either James Johnson or Gary Forbes

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                    well according to Adrian Wojnarowski the future 1rnd pick is "conditional with high upside" for Houston. "Guaranteed lottery pick."

Not if we don't suck

Come on 9th in East or better!

Comment

• id rather have JJ

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post

LOL! How does TO guarantee them a lottery pick?? They can get a protected pick, but whether it's lottery or not will depend on Raptors performance.

Either way, I would consider Lowry a "lottery" talent at this stage in his career, and he has GREAT contract. Giving away a pick is no big deal.
                        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                          "Houston will receive at least one first round pick and Gary Forbes. The Rockets had tried to acquire Toronto's 2012 pick while targeting either Andre Drummond or Austin Rivers."

Wow. Morey is either a freakin' genius whose freakin' genius is so genius it defies logic, or else Colangelo deserves a lot more credit than he gets in these quarters. How else can you explain NOT trading the 2012 #8 pick to get Lowry, and then a week later get him for arguably less when you're in an arguably worse negotiating position?

Lowry -- a very good young starting PG who can defend, rebound, and score and is on one of the best-value non-rookie contracts in the league -- for a what, #10-15 (at best) pick in what's considered a weak 2013 draft + Gary Forbes? Great deal, or Greatest Deal Ever?
                          Actually Morey has a lot more leverage than before:
                          1. 2013 draft is already looking better than 2012 in terms of talent level. We've already got like 4 potential franchise players in the top 10: Shabazz, Zeller, McAdoo, Poythress.
                          2. It's no secret that BC is looking to sign a PG this offseason. After Nash, Dragic, and Lin (sneaky sneaky Morey) are off the table, Lowry is the only real PG available.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                            LOL! How does TO guarantee them a lottery pick?? They can get a protected pick, but whether it's lottery or not will depend on Raptors performance.

Either way, I would consider Lowry a "lottery" talent at this stage in his career, and he has GREAT contract. Giving away a pick is no big deal.
                            maybe the conditional future pick was supposed to be the next lotto pick the raps get?? it could turn out real bad if it ends up being unprotected..

Comment

• Lowry is saying his goodbye's via Twitter right now.

Source - Click here

Comment

• IF final is forbes + protected pick, that's totally fine with me. Hope it's not the last move made though...

Comment

Working...
                                X