Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Forbesy???
    Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm

Forbes was obv expendable after Ross and Landry. Plus, he was also expendable for being Gary Forbes.
    Hahahaaaa!

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      I wonder if this all is based on if houston gets lin?
      Nah. The deal is too big to fail for TO

Comment

• Sweet, sweetness ... Rewind back to the beginning of the 2011/12 season, and tell yourself we're going to get Lowry and Fields within a year ... there values were so high back then, but then a PG-PG and PG-coach controversy hurt Lowry's value ... and Carmelo hogged the ball enough to level off Fields ability to get shots or even touch the ball!

Lowry/Jose/Uzoh (Machado? Joseph?) (can we keep Mr. Raptor please!)
        Demar/Ross/Forbes
        Fields/Kleiza (For now, until we add AK47 or Ilyasova ... assuming JJ is gone, maybe in the HOU deal)
        Bargnani/Ed/Acy
        Jonas/Amir/Magloire (Sorry Aaron, Amir will be sliding here a lot)
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
          Lowry
          Demar
          Fields?
          Bargs
          Val

and tons of depth.

I like it. Best team we could have since like 5 years ago (would you guys say that is better then the Bosh/Hedo team?).
          the hedo season was probbably one of the worst years for me....i think if we had casey back then things would of been a lot different

Comment

• After I really love this move! Great plan B.

Comment

• After originally not being sure, I really love this move! Great plan B. Im ok with giving up a protected pick

Comment

• I think the Raps will be Lowry's team in short order. He is an alpha. (touch wood...there have been too many fails lately))

We can get another pick back later

Comment

• btw anyone noticed that the clippers siged billups and jamal crawford...crawford is making 6.3/year for 4 years, billups 4.3 mil. SO guys would u want fields or crawford for 6.3?
                  Last edited by geo; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Hmmmmm....

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_SI

Have to triple-check math, but pretty sure Raps will have do one of renounce Bayless/amnesty Jose/rescind Fields to fit Lowry.

Comment

• "Houston will receive at least one first round pick and Gary Forbes. The Rockets had tried to acquire Toronto's 2012 pick while targeting either Andre Drummond or Austin Rivers."

Wow. Morey is either a freakin' genius whose freakin' genius is so genius it defies logic, or else Colangelo deserves a lot more credit than he gets in these quarters. How else can you explain NOT trading the 2012 #8 pick to get Lowry, and then a week later get him for arguably less when you're in an arguably worse negotiating position?

Lowry -- a very good young starting PG who can defend, rebound, and score and is on one of the best-value non-rookie contracts in the league -- for a what, #10-15 (at best) pick in what's considered a weak 2013 draft + Gary Forbes? Great deal, or Greatest Deal Ever?
                      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• we still kept what trade assets we have aswell.. other then the pick of course but we still can upgrade SF aswell.. i cant argue with this move

Comment

• I think Morey has lost his mind. There's like 5 guys on his team that are rookies or 2nd year players, he just lost a PG and traded another one away and he still hasn't signed Lin.

Comment

• The first thing that comes to mind is that we've got 2 seasons to convince Lowry to sign long-term (assuming he lives up to expectations, and meshes well in Casey's system).

The 2nd thing that comes to mind is that with DeRozan and Fields, we still have zero shot-creation on the wings. Lowry helps in that regard, but I think our wing rotation still leaves much to be desired.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                              we still kept what trade assets we have aswell.. other then the pick of course but we still can upgrade SF aswell.. i cant argue with this move
                              Yeah this was a pretty solid all around deal for the Raps.

I am confused as to why Houston did this? Is it to acquire more trade assets for Howard? A protected 1st rounder and Gary Forbes is going to help them get Howard? I say they got fleeced.

Comment

• i sometimes forget that Gary Forbes was even on the team.....

so i'm totally cool with this trade

Comment

Working...
                                X