Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    i'm grinning from ear to ear. Love Lowry.
    Definitely agree.

koncept wrote: View Post
    I think Lowry was shopped heavily for a reason. Wasn't it reported he didn't work well with the coaching staff?. Not saying we will have problems, it's still a great trade
    Lowry didn't like McHale, Budinger said after being traded to Minny happy as he did not get along with McHale. Dalembert happy to be out...
    Also heard recently that McHale went apesh&t on the Celtics in playing days that he should be the go to guy over Bird. I thought at hiring time Houston made a huge error going with McHale, and I seem to remember rumblings in Minny when he was there as well. The only guy I have heard was happy with McHale was Dragic, and he just signed elsewhere for a pile more money. (Maybe that's why?)

Comment

• Ross fits nicely with Lowry too since one of his strengths is playing without the ball and getting open when Kyle drives and kicks out.

Suddenly the team got that much better at defense, too.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Ross fits nicely with Lowry too since one of his strengths is playing without the ball and getting open when Kyle drives and kicks out.

I'm going to miss staring into those chocolatey brown eyes... can't wait to see the new avatar ceez! :-)

Comment

• Our PG's (in alphabetical order): Bayless, Calderon, Lowry

Thus far, between the Knicks, Rockets and Mavericks: Kidd and Lin (and Dallas has neither of those)

We've got an extra piece. Who needs it? What can we get for it?

Comment

Ross fits nicely with Lowry too since one of his strengths is playing without the ball and getting open when Kyle drives and kicks out.

No doubt. This team is going to be a lot harder to play against that teams of previous years. Casey's coaching and the hard-nosed nature of new players at 1 and 5 (Lowry and JV) will ensure that. They probably still need more scoring and D on the wing, but I like the way this roster is shaping up.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Our PG's (in alphabetical order): Bayless, Calderon, Lowry

Thus far, between the Knicks, Rockets and Mavericks: Kidd and Lin (and Dallas has neither of those)

I'd be happy flipping Bayless for a 2nd round pick, or using him as part of a bigger deal to land a veteran starting SF (ie: Iggy).

Comment

• i dont like giving up first round draft picks but i am happy with this trade because our pick is protected and lowry fits great. casey now has some talent around him go raps!

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Our PG's (in alphabetical order): Bayless, Calderon, Lowry

Good point. I can see Dallas having a real interest in Calderon. He is a good veteran who would work well in Dallas' system, and he is an expiring contract after the upcoming season, leaving Dallas with lots of cap room which they are likely to want to make a splash in next year's free agency. I can't see how the Knicks could make this deal. Houston will probably wait to see if they can land Lin.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                    Good point. I can see Dallas having a real interest in Calderon. He is a good veteran who would work well in Dallas' system, and he is an expiring contract after the upcoming season, leaving Dallas with lots of cap room which they are likely to want to make a splash in next year's free agency. I can't see how the Knicks could make this deal. Houston will probably wait to see if they can land Lin.
                    Dallas will def need some one at PG

in another free agency twist.... J.Kidd spurned the Mavs to join the Knicks.... the plot thickens LOL

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                      Dallas will def need some one at PG

in another free agency twist.... J.Kidd spurned the Mavs to join the Knicks.... the plot thickens LOL
                      what can we get from the mavs tho...we need a 3...i don't really want marion

Comment

• i think we can package calderon + JJ + ed for iggy

lowry/bayless
                        derozan/ross + klezia
                        iggy/fields +kleiza
                        Bargs/amir
                        Jonas/Gray

it works on the trade machine so im assuming it can work....question is does phili do this?
                        Last edited by geo; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• BC has redeemed himself

Not too shabby, he's not a pushover like Jose so there is hope for next year.
                          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
                            i think we can package calderon + JJ + ed for iggy

lowry/bayless
                            derozan/ross + klezia
                            iggy/fields +kleiza
                            Bargs/amir
                            Jonas/Gray

it works on the trade machine so im assuming it can work....question is does phili do this?
                            They might like Ed/Amir to backup Brand, as well as either Calderon or Bayless (S&T) to backup Holiday. They don't really have any need for JJ though, with Young & Harkless at SF.

I think it would take Ed/Amir & Calderon/Bayless & future 1st round pick to get Iggy. Either Amir or Calderon would have to be involved though, in order to work salary-wise (since the Trade Machine isn't accounting for the acquisitions of Lowry or Fields yet). I still think that would be worth exploring, to get a veteran starting SF.

Comment

• just got home and read about the deal on thescore.com. Nice fall back plan.

also, found a familiar former poster wreaking havoc in the comments and plugging his blog away.

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...or-kyle-lowry/
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• I personally feel a young dynamic duo of Lowry/Bayless would be.. okay. Lowry is definitely a good point guard in the league! He played great ball before his injury and the reigning of Goran, but he has proven to be able to score and be a facilitator at PG.

The real and only reason why I'd take Bayless is cause his potential level is still untapped at this young age. With the lack of playing time and injuries, he hasn't had a full season to play consistently well basketball that he is capable of!

Calderon is probably going somewhere else this offseason, and I have my eyes on the Sixers for obvious reasons - Andre Igoudala. The fact that he is good defender and athletic veteran is good enough for Coach Case.

BC did a sweet job for landing Lowry in T-Dot! Can't wait for the rest of the free agency period to unfold! Man it's exciting.

Comment

Working...
                                X