Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedbag wrote: View Post
    Mack I like waiting as well, but I can't see BC doing that in the last year of his contract. He's made a term "accelerated rebuilding"... I think it's time to revert back to rebuilding before we make anymore poor/panicked decisions.
    how can we keep rebuilding if in 3 years our rookies want to go somewhere else?

Comment

We'd probably end up with McAdoo, or similar player next year. I'm on the fence about the pick, but I guess we have to stop stock piling picks at some point.
      I like McAdoo, nevermind the pick!
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I agree speedbag. It was supposed to take a few years. shoot, i want another top 5 pick dammit!

10 000 - I thought Bayless put up some pretty good numbers when he started last season. All I'm saying about grabbing either one of those guys is that it just redundant. They all put up similar numbers but Bayless is already here and he's cheaper. I guarantee that if Dragic got a $10M contract, we'll have all the same outrage as we've had with the whole Jose deal.

Comment

There is no way Houston will trade Lowry for a 2013 pick. Morey does not really have the luxury of time as he needs to show something soon to keep his job. Hence his fruitless pursuits of Gasol last year and Howard this year. Perhaps a 3-way deal is possible to a team doing a complete rebuild. In retrospect trading down in the 2012 draft and grabbing Lowry would have been the best move. At that point Houston was stockpiling assets for a Howard offer. Things shift so quickly in the NBA offseason, good general managers need to make sharp, quick decisions.

Comment

pakdawgie wrote: View Post
            In retrospect trading down in the 2012 draft and grabbing Lowry would have been the best move.
            In retrospect nothing, that was easily the best move at the time. There's no way anyone can tell me Colangelo was sitting there hoping Terrence Ross would drop to him at 8 and had to have him over anyone in the draft. Assuming the rumours are true and Lowry was offered for the 8, Colangelo shit the bed again with his false sense of confidence.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Either one of these proverbs can be your parting gift Bryan.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
              In retrospect nothing, that was easily the best move at the time. There's no way anyone can tell me Colangelo was sitting there hoping Terrence Ross would drop to him at 8 and had to have him over anyone in the draft. Assuming the rumours are true and Lowry was offered for the 8, Colangelo shit the bed again with his false sense of confidence.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Either one of these proverbs can be your parting gift Bryan.
              i think it was already said by BC that the deal u speak of was never on the table..

Comment

dragic has agreed to terms for 8.5M per year for 4 years... can't we offer more than that?!

Comment

stefan5301 wrote: View Post
                  dragic has agreed to terms for 8.5M per year for 4 years... can't we offer more than that?!
                  dont think we should offer more then that.. this deal means Houstons Lin offer better be huge or lowry wont be going anywere

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                    dont think we should offer more then that.. this deal means Houstons Lin offer better be huge or lowry wont be going anywere
                    maybe a lowry for jose type deal. hard to mend a bridge after the way lowry shat all over mchale in the media

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      maybe a lowry for jose type deal. hard to mend a bridge after the way lowry shat all over mchale in the media
                      that would seem like the most logical start if were going that way.. Jose has said hed like to play with Scola

Comment

I'd be extremely shocked if Lowry was still in Houston after this offseason whether it was to the raptors or not, very rarely does a player publicly ask out and are not moved. houston will have no problem taking a future first rounder and some perceived young talent from Toronto if that actual rumour of them being interested in Lowry for the 8th is true. Which if BC said it wasn't on the table I'd believe it, cuz why wouldn't you trade the 8th for lowry and a later pick!? You'd still be able to make a run at Nash by amnestying someone, while quite possibly getting the player you want from the draft anyway.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          I agree speedbag. It was supposed to take a few years. shoot, i want another top 5 pick dammit!

10 000 - I thought Bayless put up some pretty good numbers when he started last season. All I'm saying about grabbing either one of those guys is that it just redundant. They all put up similar numbers but Bayless is already here and he's cheaper. I guarantee that if Dragic got a $10M contract, we'll have all the same outrage as we've had with the whole Jose deal.
                          ...Yeah, Bayless did put up some great numbers, but I still see him more as an undersized SG than a true PG. Lowry scores too, but he does distribute much better and before his injury, he had the Rockets knocking on the playoffs door. 10 mill for Dragic is high, and a bit of an unknown, but my gut (for what it's worth) says Dragic is more a "true" point.

That being said, I wouldn't be upset if Toronto stuck with Bayless and used their flexibility in another way.
                          Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

when it first came up i was for lowry over nash but then i went over the contract and lowry is up in 2 years. so we have one year to really make an impression on him or we trade him next year to someone else. that is a tricky situation. i would have much rather had nash for 3 years now. i think that if lowry came to toronto and we had a good start to the season maybe "maybe" he would sign an extension but most likely he will test free agency in two years and get rich after seeing dragic get 8.5 for a bunch of stop over starts.

i find it funny that lin is going back to houston and dragic is going back to pheonix

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=74ng8v5

i think something along those lines...the raps prob throw in a draft pick or 2

Comment

We'd probably end up with McAdoo, or similar player next year. I'm on the fence about the pick, but I guess we have to stop stock piling picks at some point.
                                When have the Raptors stockpiled picks? Is there something I have been missing? Don't they usually trade their picks, outside of this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X