Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    You mean like a Grant Hill? ; )
    Had Nash signed, then perhaps. I was thinking more along the lines of Iggy.

Comment

Who brings more as far as improving the team goes can be debated with both sides having legit arguments. What can't be debated
      is that Nash would have been hyped to the casual fan [who doesn't post here] and they may have sold out the season.
      There could be something to the angle that plan B was preferred by Colangelo and Company. A chance of winning and closer to his kids may have been trumped by the ego stroke that comes with a superstar pay cheque. $12,000,000. a year doesn't do that.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        my mood has done a complete 180 in the past 24 hours. i felt literally defeated when nash was supposedly going to the knicks, but now that we have lowry and its sunk in i'm so excited to watch this team and have a feeling it worked out for the best. between just lowry and fields the team got a major talent infusion and i can't wait to see what else BC has up his sleeve.
        Is it just me or the Knicks are now a Poo-Poo team now that they lost Fields, signed Kidd and must match Lin (whom we know will not succeed in NYC).
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          Had Nash signed, then perhaps. I was thinking more along the lines of Iggy.
          Iggy's in decline and that heel is dubious at best. This core is fine for now. His salary is quite an Albatross!
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            Iggy's in decline and that heel is dubious at best. This core is fine for now. His salary is quite an Albatross!
            I'd hardly call Iggy's contract an albatross. There's only 2 years remaining and the 2nd year is a player option. I'm not dead set on Iggy, but he could be a nice addition/upgrade, depending on what had to be given up to get him.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I'd hardly call Iggy's contract an albatross. There's only 2 years remaining and the 2nd year is a player option. I'm not dead set on Iggy, but he could be a nice addition/upgrade, depending on what had to be given up to get him.
              Rudy Gay is the piece we need. But what would we have to give up? Would Calderon/Bayliss, James Johnson and Ed Davis be enough? A little cash perhaps?

P.S. I am definitely a Plan B supporter!
              Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

BCsMaBoi wrote: View Post
                Rudy Gay is the piece we need. But what would we have to give up? Would Calderon/Bayliss, James Johnson and Ed Davis be enough? A little cash perhaps?

P.S. I am definitely a Plan B supporter!
                Agree completely. I just worry that after letting Mayo walk, Memphis has lost any interest they may have had in trading him. There's actually an entire thread dedicated to Rudy Gay.... take a peek for more detailed discussion about him and the Raptors.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  Lowry is the kind of guy that could be around for a long time. He is a great point, he's the same age as Bargs and he fits our culture. I think this is a exponentially better basketball move than signing Nash and I'm pretty pumped to see how he does.
                  yes and like Doug Smith says. "he is alvin williams". one of my all time favorite Raptors.
                  "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                    I love plan B
                    I think Nash not signing was a blessing! Way better chemistry on the team now without having a DIVA to worry about. ) GO Raps

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                      Lowry is the kind of guy that could be around for a long time. He is a great point, he's the same age as Bargs and he fits our culture. I think this is a exponentially better basketball move than signing Nash and I'm pretty pumped to see how he does.
                      +1

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                        my heart says plan A was better

my head says plan B was much better
                        This should be the headline - perfect quote.
                        It's how I voted.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post

I do not understand what other option would have been better then this? Keeping Calderon as the soul point guard?
                          Not sure if this was typo, a spelling mistake, or a brilliant analogy.

Jose has represented the soul of this team (beyond his dedication). Like the Raptors, that soul has been kicked around, shown little respect, been through so many ups and downs ... yet keeps on going - however difficult the path has been.

Comment

plan b is better if lowry stays more then 2 years to me

Comment

I'm not a fan of giving up all those parts for iggy. He's not even a pure 3
                              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

I think its interesting that almost no one talks about the first rounder that we had to give up to get Lowry. Thats a steep price and the key difference between the Nash and Lowry options. On their own, for sure, Lowry is a better option (even taking into account that we only have him for two years).
                                For all the people who have been trumpting building through the draft and doing it the right way .. Im amazed at how many people have just kissed goodbye a HUGE asset in the first round draft pick without really missing a beat. On balance, im ok with giving up the pick because Lowry is good and his contract is great .. but make no mistake .. giving up that pick was a HUGE HUGE asset to give up

Comment

Working...
                                X