No announcement yet.

So was plan B better than plan A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When considering Plan B, we have to keep in mind that Lowry may walk by contract's end. If we only get him for 2 years, then his relative youth literally means nothing.

But if he agrees to an extension at some point over the next 24 months, then Plan B is the winner.

Comment

Nash will not complete his first season with the Lakers I assure you he will go down. Dodged a real bullet.

Comment

Don't understand if you are agreeing or disagreeing. If agreeing, no comment. If disagreeing, I think you're misunderstanding a realistic comment.
        Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Emotion combined with tunnel vision is a crazy thing.
        Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 10:18 PM.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Lowry. Younger, cheaper, plays both ends of the court. Not here primarily to sell tickets for MLSE and Rogers/Bell other than with his game.

Comment

Does anyone get the feeling that Lowry was Colangelo's and Casey's first choice? And that they only REALLY went after Nash because they had too? (They really did have an obligation to poke that bush and see what came out of it.)

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
              So it looks like the majority of people think that Lowry is a far better plan then Nash.

So was Nash only plan A because of the marketability,the story of him coming back to Canada, and him making the Raptors more relevant again?

I am just confused by the results of the poll, because if I can recall correctly, when Nash was considering the Raps, the majority of people argued that Nash was the better way to go, and the minority thought Lowry was the way to go.

Interesting.
              Found this interesting as well.

I was mainly attracted to the whole Nash scenario because he's Steve Nash ... you don't really say NO to him if he wants to come to your team. Along those lines, when he started to imply that there was a certain interest, I became interested.
              I was never originally keen on bringing in Nash, but mainly because I didn't think he'd even consider it, and I didn't think BC would either. But its Steve Nash. You HAVE too.. right?

As I pointed out, I feel like BC felt a certain duty to pursue Nash, being the GM of the Canadian team.

I believe in his heart of hearts, he knew Lowry would be the 'PG of the Future' that he spoke of months ago.

As Nil pointed out; if we are able to sign Lowry long term, and he continues on his impressive path of improvement, then this is by far the better deal for this team, long term, in terms of Team Success.

Nash would have been a short term boost in the Box Office and Perhaps in the overall Success. But that would be limited, regardless of an Extension, unlike Lowry.
              Last edited by Joey; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

my mood has done a complete 180 in the past 24 hours. i felt literally defeated when nash was supposedly going to the knicks, but now that we have lowry and its sunk in i'm so excited to watch this team and have a feeling it worked out for the best. between just lowry and fields the team got a major talent infusion and i can't wait to see what else BC has up his sleeve.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Does anyone get the feeling that Lowry was Colangelo's and Casey's first choice? And that they only REALLY went after Nash because they had too? (They really did have an obligation to poke that bush and see what came out of it.)
                  they went to hard for someone "just poking a bush". if their deal was comparable to others then i would agree. but they made his sure he would be getting the absolute best deal financially had he chosen us.

i think if lowry was plan a all along they would have had him earlier and went harder after batum

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    my mood has done a complete 180 in the past 24 hours. i felt literally defeated when nash was supposedly going to the knicks, but now that we have lowry and its sunk in i'm so excited to watch this team and have a feeling it worked out for the best. between just lowry and fields the team got a major talent infusion and i can't wait to see what else BC has up his sleeve.
                    +1 i think fields is going to grow on raptor fans. don't think he will ever live up to year 3 money but 6 million isn't damaging.

Comment

Totally agree. Lowry, Fields, Valanciunas, Ross and Acy... that is a serious influx of talent for this roster! And I highly doubt BC is done his wheeling and dealing.

On an unrelated note, are you waiting for the Lowry press conference to change your avatar, or are you simply going to continue floating down denial?? lol poor ceez :-)

Comment

i DID change it!
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

it'd be really cool if the raptors changed their unis so i could buy a Lowry joint
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i DID change it!
                            lol. True enough. And we shall never forget our faux-hawked little friend!

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              they went to hard for someone "just poking a bush". if their deal was comparable to others then i would agree. but they made his sure he would be getting the absolute best deal financially had he chosen us.
                              Not really, if the big bosses went to Colangelo and said we want Nash here, overpay him to get him here then he would offer to overpay him to get him here.

MLSE saw Nash like the Knicks and Rockets see Lin. It's just a giant dollar sign attached to a player.
                              12 mil a year is nothing for a guy that'll bring in 30 a year in revenue.

Once again I have to say, ecstatic that we ended up with Lowry over Nash. If it backfires and Nash wins a title, Lowry fights with Casey and our pick turns out to be Wiggins I'll still stand by this deal. It was the right one to make for the team.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                                Once again I have to say, ecstatic that we ended up with Lowry over Nash. If it backfires and Nash wins a title, Lowry fights with Casey and our pick turns out to be Wiggins I'll still stand by this deal. It was the right one to make for the team.
                                only downside i see to this compared to nash is if lowry leaves after 2 years. otherwise i also like it more than the nash for 3

Comment

Working...
                                X