No announcement yet.

Next up the center position.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I though Oden was taking the year off? Either way, that is an awful, awful idea. He'd just make all our white guys self-conscious without contributing on the floor.

I like my bball teams to have a solid 8-man rotation with 3 guards, 2 swingment, and 3 bigmen. That means you need versitile players, and we've got them.

The 3 big-men in our rotation would be JV and AB to start with AJ off the bench. Part of what make AB valuable is he plays both spots, which is a must for a 3-man rotation. With Davis filling in when injuries come and Gray/Acy as desperation-mode options.

Comment

Raps will have an awesome back court! With my boy Lowry and Ross!
      If they can acquire a bit more without losing the little bench they have, They should Trade Calderon for Gay.

Memphis is tired of paying his money and calderon is an expiring contract and a decent backup PG for them. Just add Rudy to our roster and checkout the line-ups....pretty dangerous now NO?
      It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
        Raps will have an awesome back court! With my boy Lowry and Ross!
        If they can acquire a bit more without losing the little bench they have, They should Trade Calderon for Gay.

Memphis is tired of paying his money and calderon is an expiring contract and a decent backup PG for them. Just add Rudy to our roster and checkout the line-ups....pretty dangerous now NO?
        Why trade Jose for Gay when we could get LeBron???

Comment

Jose+ ed+ james johnson and 2014 first round pick should get us Gay

Comment

I want Gray back.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
              Jose+ ed+ james johnson and 2014 first round pick should get us Gay
              Nevermind the fact I don't think the trade would have a chance but the Raps can't trade their 2014 pick now. You cannot trade 1st round picks in consecutive seasons.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Nevermind the fact I don't think the trade would have a chance but the Raps can't trade their 2014 pick now. You cannot trade 1st round picks in consecutive seasons.
                I was wondering how the conditions would impact other trades involving 1st round picks, since we really have no idea what year Toronto will actually lose the pick. Does Toronto have to act as though they are going to lose the pick the following year, after each year they wind up keeping it? Or do they act as though they have a 1st round pick and trade freely, but then have to acquire another 1st round pick if they are going to miss the playoffs and have already traded that year's 1st round pick?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I want Gray back.
                  This!
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Ryan Hollins.............................better yet Alabiiiiiiii
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I was wondering how the conditions would impact other trades involving 1st round picks, since we really have no idea what year Toronto will actually lose the pick. Does Toronto have to act as though they are going to lose the pick the following year, after each year they wind up keeping it? Or do they act as though they have a 1st round pick and trade freely, but then have to acquire another 1st round pick if they are going to miss the playoffs and have already traded that year's 1st round pick?
                      Yes.

It is a good way to ensure BC doesn't mortgage the future.

Comment

Amir as our backup C?

If Gray is not back, do you guys think that Amir Johnson could be our backup center, night in, night out? That means he would play the most part of his minutes at the 5 spot. If yes, I really like our team as it stands right now. Not that I don‘t want Aaron Gray back but the possibilities of him returning to the team are getting lower and lower each and every day...

Valanciunas/Johnson/Magloire
                        Bargnani/Davis/Acy
                        Fields/Johnson/Kleiza
                        DeRozan/Ross
                        Lowry/Calderon/Bayless

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          If Gray is not back, do you guys think that Amir Johnson could be our backup center, night in, night out? That means he would play the most part of his minutes at the 5 spot. If yes, I really like our team as it stands right now. Not that I don‘t want Aaron Gray back but the possibilities of him returning to the team are getting lower and lower each and every day...

Valanciunas/Johnson/Magloire
                          Bargnani/Davis/Acy
                          Fields/Johnson/Kleiza
                          DeRozan/Ross
                          Lowry/Calderon/Bayless
                          i think in this scenario whoever between davis and johnson works harder and shows the most improvement will be first big off the bench.

Comment

We are loaded with guards and I like the idea of playing small next year with Amir or Davis.

If we are going for a center it has to be an experienced player with an expiring contract which will offer us flexibility next year.
                            Dalembert and Pachulia would be perfect if we can dump some salary on the trade. I would also throw decent offers at intriguing players with athleticism like Mcgee and Lopez who are still young and may amount to something.

Otherwise, I'm quite happy to roll with Gray and Magloire as our 2nd and 3rd option.

Comment

yogi stewart is looking to make a comeback - I say give him a shot.
                              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

I think Amir and Ed are quality backup "bigs" ... they can play together, or either can play with Bargs or Big V.
                                Likely they'll bring back Magloire with all the youth on the roster, so we have the bench monster if we need a big body for fouls.
                                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Working...
                                X