Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    DeRozan can be better than Iggy why trade him? and I think this is BS and I doubt BC will do it. Just stick with what we have or trade for a different SF that doesn't involve DeRozan getting traded. Iggy isn't that good and his contract is monster
    I understand why it's up, there are only two ways we can get Iggy. (What a ridiculous contract)

Here's the other:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=88xpqed

Maybe I'm missing another option. Maybe Amir as well? But he has 3 years left

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      Funny how that still needs to be explained. You'd think if someone was a fan enough to remember him being drafted by the team, that they'd be a fan enough to know he wasn't our choice. I swear there was a thread on this sorta thing just yesterday...
      the hibbert deal was no where as bad as the kobe deal. poor charlotte traded kobe for divac. we should feel better now

NoBan wrote: View Post
      I think we would have taken him. We had a need there (esp with no JO trade), he was a proven college producer, and had slipped to that spot unjustly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NBA_Draft

says right here we would have drafted courtney lee or nicalus batum. these are hard facts from all the detail i can read out of b.c.s mind. now that we are 4 years later it is easy to say batum was our pick at 17. god dammit bc messed it up again.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
        I'll finish with one more thing too then. That link doesn't include the fact that we have Lowry or that we have fields or Ross and with the trade machine taking free agents down, we have no pg, and Forbes as a sg and we still didn't get worse. Throw in Lowry and fields and see how that effects it.
        u def. have a point there... i doubt phila. is that much worse off either in that trade.. id suspect thed be much better off..

that being said.. Iggy isnt going to boost our wing percentage enough to justify trading away most of our expendable assets for..theres a reason why Phila. would deal him.. hes got a monster contract & hes on the decline. if we cant get him for a reasonable return then we should move on & forget him
        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          u def. have a point there... i doubt phila. is that much worse off either in that trade.. id suspect thed be much better off..

that being said.. Iggy isnt going to boost our wing percentage enough to justify trading away most of our expendable assets for..theres a reason why Phila. would deal him.. hes got a monster contract & hes on the decline. if we cant get him for a reasonable return then we should move on & forget him
          That being why I'm neutral on the trade. Yes he makes this team better but 1 that's shortterm and 2 we lose all trade assets for receiving a better player. That's why I said it should be a last resort if 0 oppurtunities arise. But I'm almost sure using those pieces we could land granger or deng and MAYBE gay

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            the hibbert deal was no where as bad as the kobe deal. poor charlotte traded kobe for divac. we should feel better now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NBA_Draft

says right here we would have drafted courtney lee or nicalus batum. these are hard facts from all the detail i can read out of b.c.s mind. now that we are 4 years later it is easy to say batum was our pick at 17. god dammit bc messed it up again.
            i bet Bob Bass's ass is still streched wide open from that kobe deal... his wife prob. divorced him too LOL
            what a deal for the lakers.. not only did they get Kobe.. moving Divac cleared out the cap space they needed to sign Shaq...
            Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• no not ed
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Vucevic has the pedigre, the work ethic and the talent to be an excellent NBA player. Long term he might be viewed as the top player that came out of such a trade. I'm that high on the kid.

Comment

• yeah, he's really good. im shocked they'd be willing to part with him.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• LateBoomer wrote: View Post
                    Of course.
                    But how then can you compare a rookie who has yet to play an NBA game and a vet?
                    You can't or should I say I wouldn't try.

Comment

• Im not a fan of trading guys that we didn't develop properly. Unless you are getting one of those sure fire top picks and even then you have to develop young players. The Jay Triano Experience was a waste of time for player development. The lockout year with a new coach coming in had to spend every available minute installing a new defensive system with no real training camp and limited practice time. DD, ED these guys got the shaft from a development standpoint.

I know as fans its easy to sit back on the couch or look at numbers on the internet and say that guy sucks cause he didn't make some huge leap years 1 to 2 or 2 to 3. I think some of that is on the team. Some of it is on them. From what I am hearing these players look to be getting on track. I think it ups the risk factor on trades such as these. Our discarded garbage with some attention in their new cities thrive and you get the exact player you think you are going to get in return. A few years down the road the trade doesn't look so good anymore.

But whatever, BC is in the last year of his contract so YEEEEEEEAAAAAAH!!!!

Comment

• Get rid of Demar.

Overlook the perceived potential, Demar Derozan had a 25% usage rate and a 43.5% eFG last season. Trade the man scouts compared to a poor mans Nick Young.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ca7q5nb

Most likely scenario. They'll want Ed out of this based on the fact that he's a young PF with potential and elton brand is on the downslide for sure. Kleiza can serviceable at the 3 with young, and Jose clears cap space for em.

We won't include DeMar cuz we need his point production and I doubt Colangelo gives up on him this soon.. unless hes real desperate or rudy gay becomes available.

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
                            Im not a fan of trading guys that we didn't develop properly. Unless you are getting one of those sure fire top picks and even then you have to develop young players. The Jay Triano Experience was a waste of time for player development. The lockout year with a new coach coming in had to spend every available minute installing a new defensive system with no real training camp and limited practice time. DD, ED these guys got the shaft from a development standpoint.

I know as fans its easy to sit back on the couch or look at numbers on the internet and say that guy sucks cause he didn't make some huge leap years 1 to 2 or 2 to 3. I think some of that is on the team. Some of it is on them. From what I am hearing these players look to be getting on track. I think it ups the risk factor on trades such as these. Our discarded garbage with some attention in their new cities thrive and you get the exact player you think you are going to get in return. A few years down the road the trade doesn't look so good anymore.

But whatever, BC is in the last year of his contract so YEEEEEEEAAAAAAH!!!!
                            +1 I agree I'm fine with trading Jose but I'd want to wait until atleast the trade deadline before giving up DeMar or Davis. This will give them time to have a full training camp with Casey and over half a season to show their improvement. If they haven't improved, send 'em off.

Comment

• according to Rod Thorn the rumors are BS.. exactly as a thought they were.. just a shady tweeter trying to make a name for himself..

Comment

• This is a fantastic trade for the Raps, if they are truly in 'win-now' mode. Derozan is a horrific defender - slow footed, weak with low BBIQ on defence. While Iggy has proven to be a top notch, two-way player who can lead a team and be clutch in the playoffs. High character guy too. Demar is not the potential Hibbert in this trade for us, it's Ed Davis, who has waaaaay more potential to become a valuable player then Demar. However, the real steal might be Vucevic. He has tremendous upside. He's already a beast rebounder, who can score inside and hit a mid-range jumper. Reminds me of a young Marcin Gortat. Very smooth game already at age 21. Vucevic is the Hibbert in this deal, not Demar by any stretch of imagination. Demar could be addition by subtraction.

Comment

Working...
                                X