No announcement yet.

Jerryd Bayless Unrestricted Free Agent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're free Little Dawg. Go run with your own kind to a better place. Go! GO!!
    I can't stand to look at you anymore (throws rock at backup point guard) I said go, get out here you stupid point guard.
    (starts bawling his eyes out).

Its better for him..
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Good riddance. Filled in nicely when Jose was out but too much of an individual player for my liking. PG's need to be able to create for others. Bayless could not.

Hopefully Jose can stay on to split time with Lowry. Jose would put a nice flow to the second unit. Always worked well with Amir and will definitely find Jonas in pick and rolls when they share the floor. Jose's positive attitude and team first mentality are great intangibles for this young team as well.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        Could signal a S&T
        or perhaps a signing. His Cap hold was quite large and restrictive to our flexability at this point

Comment

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

Bayless couldn't have blown up Fields/Lowry deals by accepting QO. May signal another deal coming for Raps.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Wonder if the sign and trade is with the Rockets.....for Lowry. After all, the terms of the deal are far from set in stone at this point. Would be a little anti-climactic though -- I'm also hoping for something big here.

Comment

Bye Bye...

One down..one more 2 go,Amnesty Calderon or trade him and get quality player..ie Andre Igudala and Tyreke Evans.
              So far so good...
              As for..oh no we have no backup pg,u can find individual 2 play 15 minutes,free agent market for minimum salary, you know coach gonna play Kyle Lowry 35 minutes and more.
              As for what I'm looking for this year.

Kyle Lowry
              Tyreke Evans
              Andre Igudala
              Andrea Bargnani
              Jonas Valanciunas

And yes it can be done,raptors have plenty of talent,draft picks,derozan,ed davis,calderon one year contract,money..
              It's time 2 be relavant in the association,compete,is it championship team,probably not,but it would get the fans eager 2 watch nba again,especially me.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Calderon? Growing sense w/rival teams is Raps either use Spaniard's expiring deal in trade or just keep him. Scratch him from amnesty lists
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Calderon? Growing sense w/rival teams is Raps either use Spaniard's expiring deal in trade or just keep him. Scratch him from amnesty lists
                  That's the way BC. Amnestying Calderon would be a real shame. If he's going to be moved he's definitely worth something. I bet there were a few GM's waiting to scoop Jose up for nothing.

Comment

johnhollinger John Hollinger
                    Follow-up to Stein's Tweet: With Bayless QO off books, no strong need to amnesty Calderon unless blockbuster deal materializes.
                    Jose survives yet again!

Comment

There is a serious PG shortage right now...Dallas and Houston don't even have one. Calderon is way more valuable as a trade chip or...even being resigned as a lower rate of pay. Would love it if one player finished off their career in Toronto that started here.

Secondly...the Bayless QO being rescinded likely means someone wants him in a S&T.

OR we want to resign him to a longer deal.

Comment

I think Bayless makes much more sense as a backup to Lowry than Jose does. Bayless can play the off-guard.

Comment

Bring Calderon back for a year, nobody to spend that money on right now.

Comment

we got Fields/Ross/DeRozan/ for that. makes much more sense to have a backup PG that can run the show if necessary (AND add different facets to the offense) Bayless is redundant

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
                              You're free Little Dawg. Go run with your own kind to a better place. Go! GO!!
                              I can't stand to look at you anymore (throws rock at backup point guard) I said go, get out here you stupid point guard.
                              (starts bawling his eyes out).

Its better for him..
                              HAHAHAH

Oh man ... this was good.

But seriously ... this is very upsetting for me.
                              I had alot of time and debate invested in Bayless.

You all watch though ... he's going to be BIG one day. You'll see.
                              Last edited by Joey; Fri Jul 6, 2012, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Thomas A. wrote: View Post
                                I think Bayless makes much more sense as a backup to Lowry than Jose does. Bayless can play the off-guard.
                                How many mediocre off-guards do you think we need?

4 teams in 6 years for Bayless. Maybe he'll pull a Billups and become what everyone always thought he'd be.

or maybe not.

Comment

Working...
                                X