No announcement yet.

Jerryd Bayless Unrestricted Free Agent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Jose coming off the bench he is still capable of racking up 5 or 6 assists.
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      Toronto trade Bayless + Fields (Sign and Trade) + Ed Davis for Andre Igoudala + Louis Williams (sign and trade)
      You know the rights to Landry Fields still belong to the Knicks, yes?

Comment

I wonder if this is part of a sign and trade with phili to expand on that iggy rumor. I remember reading on Doug Smith's months ago that the raptors were thinking of going after Louis Williams. They'd have to amnesty amir to do it but i think the cap would allow jose, ed, demar for iggy, vucevic and louis williams (at 8 million or so a year). Williams tweeted he's done in phili but I haven't read anything about destinations for him and this is probably a more even trade for both sides if they think their going to lose williams for nothing.

Comment

Keeping Calderon as a backup instead of Bayless makes more sense. As a starter, Calderon was just a notch under the rest of the starting PGs in the league, but as a backup, he is head and shoulders above any backup in the league. He will give the raps an advantage leading the second unit against any other team's reserves. Yeah it would be expensive, but if you want to win, you have to pay.

As for Bayless, if he is going to be part of a S&T, I think (and this is me just pulling stuff out of my butt) package him, Davis and a pick for Josh Smith. Crazy as it sounds, shift Smith over to SF and all of a sudden our starting 5 would look pretty good.
          PG: Lowry/Calderon
          SG: DD/Ross/Fields
          SF: Smith/JJ/Kleiza
          PF: Bargs/Amir or Davis
          C: JoVal/Gray

Comment

Raptorboy wrote: View Post
            Good riddance. Filled in nicely when Jose was out but too much of an individual player for my liking. PG's need to be able to create for others. Bayless could not.
            +1 he had his chance

Comment

Hey that means that there is room for Mr triple-double Ben Uzoh to come back yay....

Comment

Mixed Feelings

I am sad to see Bayless go, I thought he showed a lot of swagger and he wasn't afraid to drive to the net. It wasn't till late in the season that he found his finishing touch, but unfortunately went down with another injury.

I would've given him another chance, but I guess the Raps Brass have decided Lowry is their future point guard and have no need for Bayless. Sidenote: I really wish we could rescind the Landry Fields offer. It should be a lesson in karma for BC.

Comment

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
                  I am sad to see Bayless go, I thought he showed a lot of swagger and he wasn't afraid to drive to the net. It wasn't till late in the season that he found his finishing touch, but unfortunately went down with another injury.

I would've given him another chance, but I guess the Raps Brass have decided Lowry is their future point guard and have no need for Bayless. Sidenote: I really wish we could rescind the Landry Fields offer. It should be a lesson in karma for BC.
                  Couldn't agree more

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                    You know the rights to Landry Fields still belong to the Knicks, yes?
                    Furthermore, he wouldn't be eligible to be traded until December.

Comment

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post

I don't think Bayless is starting PG material.

But I agree completely. I would also like to add Bayless actually likes it here and it is a shame we are letting him go.

Comment

I have always argued for Bayless to get more PT with the Raptors & even posted my analysis on him versus Jose. I like Bayless, he's a scoring point guard who can guard. If only his ankles are not made of glass.

We had to rescind his QO to make space for Lowry so I'm fine with it. At the end of the day, Lowry's better.

Good luck JB!
                        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          HAHAHAH

Oh man ... this was good.

But seriously ... this is very upsetting for me.
                          I had alot of time and debate invested in Bayless.

You all watch though ... he's going to be BIG one day. You'll see.
                          I foreshadow this comment for the "Dumb things Raptors Fans say" forum in the near future.
                          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
                            I actually think Bayless has tons of potential. But i think, Calderon should back-up Lowry. Think of what Lowry can gain playing with Caldy. Plus i really want Jose to retire a raptor, he deserves that at least.
                            I agree. And remember, Jose is only expensive this year (while Lowry is a steal). Re-sign Jose to a 3 year contract at a much more reasonable amount (e.g., $5M/yr) in subsequent years, and get ready to pay Lowry more if he earns it. It's nice to have a position solidly covered like this.

P.S. Think of the good locker room influence Jose can be. How could anyone in that locker room speak up and complain that management or the coach didn't respect them, when he is sitting in the corner, working his butt out game after game?

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                              Toronto trade Bayless + Fields (Sign and Trade) + Ed Davis for Andre Igoudala + Louis Williams (sign and trade)
                              Seriously man your trades... you really need to read at least part of the CBA, even in the last couple you couldn't sign & trade a player that wasn't on your team.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                                I foreshadow this comment for the "Dumb things Raptors Fans say" forum in the near future.
                                Haters gon' hate.

Comment

Working...
                                X