Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE BIG DAY JULY 11 ( Trades and Free agent signing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no Iggy. Stick with what we have unless we're trading for a C to hold place for JV

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I would love to see a blockbuster worked for Rudy Gay, but my gut tells me that BC is targeting Iguodala. Several of Toronto's tradeable assets would seem to matchup quite well with Philly's needs - backup PF (Amir/Davis) and/or SF (JJ) and backup PG (Calderon/Bayless).
      I love and share your love for Rudy Gay as a Raptor

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Raps have a lot of transactions to finalize. Too many needing certain order to complete could cause it all to fail. Personally I expect something else to come. JJ will be gone at the very least.
        I watched an interview with BC following the four team sign and trade to land Turkaglu in which he was lauded for his ability to get the deal done. What I remember most was his statement to the effect that the easiest way to follow the deal was to know that all of it was accomplished simultaneously ( the teams threw into the middle of the table what they were giving and then took out what they were receiving). July 11 may not be the same set of circumstances, but perhaps the transactions will be accomplished without a chronological order.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I would love to see a blockbuster worked for Rudy Gay, but my gut tells me that BC is targeting Iguodala. Several of Toronto's tradeable assets would seem to matchup quite well with Philly's needs - backup PF (Amir/Davis) and/or SF (JJ) and backup PG (Calderon/Bayless).
          I agree with this. Iggy may be on our radar.

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
            I watched an interview with BC following the four team sign and trade to land Turkaglu in which he was lauded for his ability to get the deal done. What I remember most was his statement to the effect that the easiest way to follow the deal was to know that all of it was accomplished simultaneously ( the teams threw into the middle of the table what they were giving and then took out what they were receiving). July 11 may not be the same set of circumstances, but perhaps the transactions will be accomplished without a chronological order.

When it comes to signing Fields, they are going to have to renounce some exceptions and possibly players. My thinking is the Raptors are going to want to keep as many assets as possible. To keep as many assets as possible (namely MLE) a chronological order will be necessary - I think.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

I have a feeling that unless Bayless gets an insane offer BC will re-sign him...meaning the renouncement was a temp manouver.

He is definitely going to try and acquire an upgrade to the sf position...the crystal ball is too murky here.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                I have a feeling that unless Bayless gets an insane offer BC will re-sign him...meaning the renouncement was a temp manouver.

He is definitely going to try and acquire an upgrade to the sf position...the crystal ball is too murky here.
                I think it all depends on what happens with Calderon.

Comment

I have a feeling the shine is wearing off Atlanta for Josh Smith now.

Ferry came in and made some noise but CP3 is looking to sign an extension next year for 5 years and $108M and the Dwightmare is appearing to reach conclusion with him landing in Brooklyn.

So to my point, some bigger name SF's that might be available:

AI
                  Gay
                  Smith (although he is a total tweener but would likely mesh well with Bargnani if he regains his 3pt stroke)
                  Deng
                  Chandler

Comment

I have asked Brotherston some cap q's in regards to the raps. He has a live chat at 4pm (I think). Perhaps we will have some answers

Comment

When it comes to signing Fields, they are going to have to renounce some exceptions and possibly players. My thinking is the Raptors are going to want to keep as many assets as possible. To keep as many assets as possible (namely MLE) a chronological order will be necessary - I think.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens.
                      BC is all about flexibility! It has encouraged me to learn a bit about this. I think the MLE and TPE are gone??.

Unfortunately it is a bit more interesting than the recently past regular seasons

Comment

Am I the only one who feels with Lowry on this team, we should keep Calderon?

Calderon is a pass-first point guard, and Lowry is a shoot-first point guard. Kyle Lowry will be the starter of this team, and he will be an upgrade towards Calderon in terms of 'Today's point-guards', defense, and the ability to score. No point guard controversy compared to the Ford/Calderon, Jack/Calderon duos, but one where we know who takes the back-seat.

Bargnani and Valanciunas are guys that flourish off the pick and roll (pop), a situation Lowry likes to shoot in, so, I'm not to keen on a guy looking-off two players who can make an impact in a single situation.

What does this have to do with July 11th? IMO, I hope it has nothing to do with Calderon at this moment.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I have a feeling the shine is wearing off Atlanta for Josh Smith now.

Ferry came in and made some noise but CP3 is looking to sign an extension next year for 5 years and $108M and the Dwightmare is appearing to reach conclusion with him landing in Brooklyn.

So to my point, some bigger name SF's that might be available:

AI
                          Gay
                          Smith (although he is a total tweener but would likely mesh well with Bargnani if he regains his 3pt stroke)
                          Deng
                          Chandler
                          As I have noted before, Chandler is my choice because:

a) he is probably the most gettable (Denver are deep and they probably signed him to retain him as an asset)

b) He is cheaper than the others

c) He should not command as many/rich assets in return than the others (Deng might be similar)

d) His salary comparative to talent I believe is probably the best

e) He has an allround game and plays the 2 & 3 pos. (probably better at 3)

f) He is young (approx same age group as the team) while having experience in the L

g) On a personal level he will be a starter here and like that

The question is what is he worth in return to Denver? I dont want to give up picks.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

Calderon is a pass-first point guard, and Lowry is a shoot-first point guard. Kyle Lowry will be the starter of this team, and he will be an upgrade towards Calderon in terms of 'Today's point-guards', defense, and the ability to score. No point guard controversy compared to the Ford/Calderon, Jack/Calderon duos, but one where we know who takes the back-seat.

Bargnani and Valanciunas are guys that flourish off the pick and roll (pop), a situation Lowry likes to shoot in, so, I'm not to keen on a guy looking-off two players who can make an impact in a single situation.

What does this have to do with July 11th? IMO, I hope it has nothing to do with Calderon at this moment.
                            I think he is destined for a backup role. If he is OK with this absolutely i want him here. However he has been a good soldier, it is his contract year, in which he very well may have only one left. If he wants to move on I would not want to keep him here.

July 11th is when all the rumors become official. There is a Amnesty deadline of mid-July that may have an effect on JC
                            Last edited by jbml; Mon Jul 9, 2012, 02:12 PM.

Comment

As I have noted before, Chandler is my choice because:

a) he is probably the most gettable (Denver are deep and they probably signed him to retain him as an asset)

b) He is cheaper than the others

c) He should not command as many/rich assets in return than the others (Deng might be similar)

d) His salary comparative to talent I believe is probably the best

e) He has an allround game and plays the 2 & 3 pos. (probably better at 3)

f) He is young (approx same age group as the team) while having experience in the L

g) On a personal level he will be a starter here and like that

The question is what is he worth in return to Denver? I dont want to give up picks.
                              I have concerns with his post return play and his injury. There may not be a reason to rush any future trades

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

Please see #88 in this thread...

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ee-Agent/page5

My post has more to do with how Lowry's skillset is being described (including the mainpage post today) than about Calderon's status. I would have to believe that BC would not have pulled the trigger if he was concerned about a very important component of a "good" PG's repertoire especially since it is one of JV's assets on offence and the need to develop him properly. We must also not forget that Alvin Williams, who is close to Lowry and works out with him, must have given a good assessment of both his game as well as his personal makeup which has also been an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X