Nash to Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nash to Raptors?

This was posted actually by JAndrewClark over at suns' blog at sportsnation.

His rationale here:
    http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...nash-to-canada

Basically the jist of it is

Nash + Barbosa

for

Calderon, Derozan, Banks and Johnson

Thoughts? (personally i like it, especially if reggie comes back as advertised)

I would not do this deal simply for the fact that DeRozan is in it, barbosa is often injured, undersized and plays non-existant defense. Throwing in Johnson is only acceptable if we get either Dudley and/or Louis Amundson back in the deal.

Comment

Nash is the best PG in the league, but you have to build your team around him for it to be maximally effective. Ours is built more around Bosh+Bargs+Hedo.

Hedo would be even less effective for us. Also, the loss of Demar and Amir sounds sucky :/

Comment

We all love Nash - one of the greatest PG's in NBA history and a Canadian to boot. It would be great to see him finish his career in Toronto, but not at this price. As good as Nash is, he's too old to be building a team around. Though he's still one of the best and had a fantastic start to the season, he's looked a bit off lately. It'll be interesting to see how he holds up over the entire season - a season that looked so promising for the Suns initially but now looking more and more like they may very well end up in the lottery.

I'd like to see the Raps keep their young guys - especially Derozan who has the potential to be a very special player in a few years.

Comment

Yeah Nash would be a great pickup - Barbosa less so (contract) and Derozan is somewhat of a deal-breaker...
          When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Nope, i wouldnt do it if i were BC. Giving up on Derozan this early would be very stupid. Nas is great and i like the guy, but i dont trade a 20yo high-potential guy for a 35yo Nash. I dont mind giving up Amir, Banks, and Jose though. Derozan is the deal breaker.

BTW Belinelli is the same type of player as Barbosa so i dont think he'd come over.

Comment

Why would we deal for Nash when even if we trade Jose we still have a starter in Jack? Nash is definatly not coming off the bench.

This deal doesn't make any sense for the Raptors it only makes sense for the suns...
              Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

Working...
              X