My Opinion for bait is JJ,JC,ED,Amir and Linas

We have backlog in SF and PF

Would Like Danny G or Mr.Gay as a return

mcsemcp73 wrote: View Post
    Toronto need SF

My Opinion for bait is JJ,JC,ED,Amir and Linas

We have backlog in SF and PF

Would Like Danny G or Mr.Gay as a return
    Danny Green reportedly signed a 3-year, $12 million deal with Spurs.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Danny Green reportedly signed a 3-year, $12 million deal with Spurs.
      i think he means granger not green... anyways with all the other trade & signing threads why do we need another.. this discussion hs been done to death in other threads..

i hope the next CBA they remove this Bore-atorium period...
      Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Jul 10, 2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I would be open to trading any one of or combination of:

DeRozan, JJ, JC, ED, or Amir

I would be happy receiving:

Gay, Iguodala, Dorell Wright, Smith, Wilson Chandler (assuming he is healthy)

Iguodala's impact on the game is incredible upon closer statistical examination. Here is what the NBA Geek says about him:

Top of the list is, never, ever trade Iggy. Philly needs to wake up and realize that Iggy is not overpaid at $15 per (Caron Butler makes $9 million per year. Caron Butler.) Iggy is behind only Durant and James at his position (and you cannot get them). Elite defenders who can also score 16ppg efficiently, pass like a point guard, rebound well, and avoid fouls (all while not turning the ball over) do not grow on trees. Worse, most of the league unfortunately undervalues him as much as Philly does, so you'd never get equal value for Iggy. As much as I would love it if Rod Thorn would make David Kahn look like a genius for trading Iggy to him*, it's my obligation in an article like this to point out how stupid that would be. The only player on the Wolves worth giving up Iggy for is Love, which is obviously not happening (but only because Kahn no longer has a choice if he values his life.....don't you wish you'd have made a swap 2 years ago, when Kahn called Love the '3rd or 4th best player on a contending team'? You probably could have gotten him to throw in an unprotected draft pick and maybe take back a bad contract too).
        Gay gets a lot of grief for his contract and stats however he did lead Memphis to the 4th seed with Randolph missing 38 of first 42 games and playing off the bench upon return until the playoffs started. Say what you want about stats and contract but 4th seed in the west at 41-25 last year is impressive and make no doubt he was 'the man'.

Wright is probably the best value on a $3.8M expiring contract and very much unwanted in GS.

Smith is the only tweener of the lot. Not first choice but assuming Bargnani find his 3pt stroke, would be a very nice fit in the front court. He is a knock down 18-20ft jump shot.

Wilson Chandler is signed for the longest term of all players on a reasonable salary. Is his hip injury 100%?

Comment

The question posed by this thread is such a vague concept. I have a list of players I would consider 'trade bait' for realistic type trades, but I don't think anybody on the roster is completely untouchable, for the right deal.

Trade Bait:

1) Bayless
          - he only ever gave 100% as a starter, which he won't be with Lowry on the roster
          - all signs point to BC/DC being done with Bayless, so his biggest value to the team is as a tradeable asset via S&T
          - I could see Philadelphia (Iggy) or Golden State (Wright/Rush) being interested in him as a backup PG, or even Memphis (Gay) as a backup PG/SG (I read a rumor recently about Memphis having some interest in Bayless, but can't recall source)

2) Amir or Davis
          - 1 of them needs to go, because there aren't enough backup PF minutes for both of them to play/develop
          - my preference would be to trade Amir (older and reached his ceiling, but primarily due to his salary)
          - I assume Davis will be traded, only because other teams will see much more value in him (low salary & high potential)

3) JJ
          - at least 1 wing needs to go, because there aren't enough minutes at SF/SG for all 5 already on the roster
          - Ross (draft pick) and Fields (new signing) aren't (can't) going anywhere, so it's down to DD, JJ or Kleiza
          - I can't see Kleiza being traded (due to salary, injury concerns and his positive link to Valanciunas)
          - I can't see DeRozan being traded, unless it's in a blockbuster for a proven stud SF, but that would still leave the Raps with 5 wings (at least), so I think JJ would still be trade bait in that scenario
          - JJ is basically the odd man out, plus given his run-in with Casey last year and the fact he's an expiring contract (inflated trade value and not likely to re-sign due to the glut of wings and the fact he'll probably want a raise), make him the obvious choice

4) Calderon
          - as much as I like Calderon, $10.5M is a little much to pay a backup PG and with him being 31 when the season starts, his trade value will only decline from here on out
          - while I do think Calderon would be a great compliment/mentor to Lowry, potentially even re-signing to a much cheaper contract extension after the season, effective asset management would be to use his big expiring contract in a trade to pickup a good, albeit pricey veteran that could contribute to the team for at least 3-5 seasons
          - if he was traded this offseason, theoretically he could be re-signed next offseason, if they wanted to bring him in as a much cheaper, veteran backup at that point...
          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jul 10, 2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I would be open to trading any one of or combination of:

DeRozan, JJ, JC, ED, or Amir

I would be happy receiving:

Gay, Iguodala, Dorell Wright, Smith, Wilson Chandler (assuming he is healthy)

Iguodala's impact on the game is incredible upon closer statistical examination. Here is what the NBA Geek says about him:

Gay gets a lot of grief for his contract and stats however he did lead Memphis to the 4th seed with Randolph missing 38 of first 42 games and playing off the bench upon return until the playoffs started. Say what you want about stats and contract but 4th seed in the west at 41-25 last year is impressive and make no doubt he was 'the man'.

Wright is probably the best value on a $3.8M expiring contract and very much unwanted in GS.

Smith is the only tweener of the lot. Not first choice but assuming Bargnani find his 3pt stroke, would be a very nice fit in the front court. He is a knock down 18-20ft jump shot.

Wilson Chandler is signed for the longest term of all players on a reasonable salary. Is his hip injury 100%?
            That article had Iggy behind only James and Durant. What about Melo?? lol

I think a realistic option is Granger, if reports are true that Indy is going to sign Hibbert to that max contract along with the signing of G Hill, granger becomes the odd man out.

Paul George is playing out of position at SG, now that he grew an extra 2 inches last summer, George should move to the sf spot making Granger expendable. Also, they could go after OJ Mayo, a 2 guard whom they have had their eyes on for a long time.

Comment

Melo is a one way player
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
                That article had Iggy behind only James and Durant. What about Melo?? lol

I think a realistic option is Granger, if reports are true that Indy is going to sign Hibbert to that max contract along with the signing of G Hill, granger becomes the odd man out.

Paul George is playing out of position at SG, now that he grew an extra 2 inches last summer, George should move to the sf spot making Granger expendable. Also, they could go after OJ Mayo, a 2 guard whom they have had their eyes on for a long time.
                It will be interesting to see what Indy does with their lineup. If they are committed to playing Hill at PG, then there's a spot for George to start at SG - I don't see it being out of position, since the wing positions are fairly interchangeable. It could wind up being Collison as the odd man out, especially with his contract expiring after this season.

I'd personally rather acquire Gay, Iggy or Deng than Granger. Granger is the oldest of the 4 and under contract for the fewest years (2 years - same as Deng and Iggy). He puts up a consistent 18/5, but just doesn't seem to have the same star potential as Gay or Iggy, IMO; he never helped his team get over the hump when the roster wasn't as deep, the team made the playoffs with him, not because of him.

Gay: 26 next season, 3 years @ $17.9M avg (year 3 is player option)
                Iggy: 28/29 next season, 2 years @ $17.3M avg (year 2 has ETO option)
                Deng: 27 next season, 2 years @ $13.8M avg
                Granger: 29 next season, 2 years @ $13.5M avg
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jul 10, 2012, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, i completely agree. I would rather have Gay or Iggy.

Just Granger seems like a realistic option.
                  -With OJ mayo out of memphis, they are going to keep Gay. Doesn't seem likely on block
                  -Deng is a solid player in Chi and i don't see him leaving, at least before Boozer. They are going to need him with rose out, not on block
                  -Iggy would've been on the block but with brand amnestied, I feel they are going to keep Iggy....or at least hold out for a good players in return. We really have no good players to give, maybe Demar and ED but i assume they want better players. There is no more financial motive to get rid of Iggy.

Comment

-With OJ mayo out of memphis, they are going to keep Gay. Doesn't seem likely on block
                    -Deng is a solid player in Chi and i don't see him leaving, at least before Boozer. They are going to need him with rose out, not on block
                    -Iggy would've been on the block but with brand amnestied, I feel they are going to keep Iggy....or at least hold out for a good players in return. We really have no good players to give, maybe Demar and ED but i assume they want better players. There is no more financial motive to get rid of Iggy.
                    Fair enough. I just worry what the Raps would have to giveup to get Granger.

Beyond Granger and George, unless Hill moves back to SG, they seem to need depth on the wings. This would become urgent if Granger were dealt. I agree that Mayo would make an ideal target in this scenario, but would they have the cap space to sign him after the Hibbert match?? I could see them wanting a PG, since Hill is somewhat out of position and they don't seem satisfied with Collison. I doubt they'd want Calderon, given the big contracts they'll be handing out to Hill and Hibbert. If they wanted to clear some salary, maybe they'd look at dumping West's $10M expiring contract. They'd still have Hansborough and Plumlee at PF.

I could see them being interested in Bayless and JJ, perhaps, but that's nowhere near enough for Granger. Maybe they'd take Amir/Davis in exchange for West, but I doubt Toronto would be interested in West, so it would likely require an additional team to take on West's contract. If a deal like that enabled Indy to add Mayo, it would essentially be Mayo, Bayless, JJ, Davis/Amir and whatever the third team trades for West, for Granger and West. I just don't see there being a good match between the two teams, even if Toronto was interested in Granger.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      The question posed by this thread is such a vague concept. I have a list of players I would consider 'trade bait' for realistic type trades, but I don't think anybody on the roster is completely untouchable, for the right deal.

Trade Bait:

1) Bayless
                      - he only ever gave 100% as a starter, which he won't be with Lowry on the roster
                      - all signs point to BC/DC being done with Bayless, so his biggest value to the team is as a tradeable asset via S&T
                      - I could see Philadelphia (Iggy) or Golden State (Wright/Rush) being interested in him as a backup PG, or even Memphis (Gay) as a backup PG/SG (I read a rumor recently about Memphis having some interest in Bayless, but can't recall source)

2) Amir or Davis
                      - 1 of them needs to go, because there aren't enough backup PF minutes for both of them to play/develop
                      - my preference would be to trade Amir (older and reached his ceiling, but primarily due to his salary)
                      - I assume Davis will be traded, only because other teams will see much more value in him (low salary & high potential)

3) JJ
                      - at least 1 wing needs to go, because there aren't enough minutes at SF/SG for all 5 already on the roster
                      - Ross (draft pick) and Fields (new signing) aren't (can't) going anywhere, so it's down to DD, JJ or Kleiza
                      - I can't see Kleiza being traded (due to salary, injury concerns and his positive link to Valanciunas)
                      - I can't see DeRozan being traded, unless it's in a blockbuster for a proven stud SF, but that would still leave the Raps with 5 wings (at least), so I think JJ would still be trade bait in that scenario
                      - JJ is basically the odd man out, plus given his run-in with Casey last year and the fact he's an expiring contract (inflated trade value and not likely to re-sign due to the glut of wings and the fact he'll probably want a raise), make him the obvious choice

4) Calderon
                      - as much as I like Calderon, $10.5M is a little much to pay a backup PG and with him being 31 when the season starts, his trade value will only decline from here on out
                      - while I do think Calderon would be a great compliment/mentor to Lowry, potentially even re-signing to a much cheaper contract extension after the season, effective asset management would be to use his big expiring contract in a trade to pickup a good, albeit pricey veteran that could contribute to the team for at least 3-5 seasons
                      - if he was traded this offseason, theoretically he could be re-signed next offseason, if they wanted to bring him in as a much cheaper, veteran backup at that point...
                      Agree with the trade baits. However, i think when you one says "untouchable" nobody in the NBA really is untouchable, given the right deal. Even Durant is tradeable, or James, if the deal involves another elite player.

With the Raptors, I think Bargnani, JV and DD are unlikely to be traded unless an elite player is being traded for. Even for Gay, i dont think BC will give up any of these three. Even if Phoenix asked for a sign and trade with the Raps and included one of these three, i dont think BC would have agreed to give one of these three for Nash. That's only my opinion tho.

Comment

Did Walsh draft Granger? If yes then he probably wont be traded.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                          Agree with the trade baits. However, i think when you one says "untouchable" nobody in the NBA really is untouchable, given the right deal. Even Durant is tradeable, or James, if the deal involves another elite player.

With the Raptors, I think Bargnani, JV and DD are unlikely to be traded unless an elite player is being traded for. Even for Gay, i dont think BC will give up any of these three. Even if Phoenix asked for a sign and trade with the Raps and included one of these three, i dont think BC would have agreed to give one of these three for Nash. That's only my opinion tho.
                          I could see DD being traded for Gay, but that's about it (from any realistically rumored trade targets). The Raps would be left with Gay, Kleiza, Fields and Ross (and possibly JJ, if he's not part of the trade) on the wings; in that scenario, DD is a little more expendable, for such an upgrade. I hope DD wouldn't be given up in deals for players such as Iggy, Deng, Granger, Chandler or Wright/Rush though, as I'd rather keep DD in those cases. Gay is the only SF that I'd consider giving up DD for, just because of his skillset, age, room for further improvement and the fact that he could conceivably remain a Raptor for the next 5-8 seasons (much longer-term mindset than trading for Iggy, Deng or Granger).

Comment

NOBODY in the raps should be untouchable, if its a trade that will surely improve the team then trade whoever, BC really should stop overvaluing DD and the oh so great Andrea. First chance he gets if it makes sense, ship em!!!

Comment

G-locity wrote: View Post
                              NOBODY in the raps should be untouchable, if its a trade that will surely improve the team then trade whoever, BC really should stop overvaluing DD and the oh so great Andrea. First chance he gets if it makes sense, ship em!!!
                              Agreed. I don't believe AB/DD are as untouchable as they once were, although I expect BC will attach a high asking price to each. JV is probably the closest thing there is to untouchable on the Raptors roster, but if Howard suddenly decided he like the idea of being "King of Canada" and declared his willingness to re-sign with the Raptors, I don't think BC would think twice about putting together an offer that starts with JV.

Comment

Working...
                              X