TO - SA Roster Mix Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO - SA Roster Mix Up

DuJuan Blair thinks he is not in the Spurs plans so we look to upgrade Davis as well as a 3rd PG and a Canadian Boy.

Ed Davis and a 2nd round pick for DuJuan Blair and Cory Joseph.

Blair has proven to be a strength under the basket and on defense and brings the beast out on the court.

Yes ? No ?

In a heartbeat but there is NOOO WAYYY that San Antonio would even think twice about this trade.

Edit. To clarify, San Antonio would be saying No. Probably followed by some muttered curse words for wasting their time and the sound of a slamming phone.
    Last edited by Garbo; Tue Jul 10, 2012, 12:59 PM. Reason: To Clarify

Comment

The only reason Blair is rumored to be available, is so San Antonio remains under the luxury tax threshold, after the Duncan re-signing goes through. Here is a recent Tweet from John Hollinger (ESSPN):

johnhollinger John Hollinger
      Looks like Duncan deal can keep Spurs a hair under tax line, esp. if they move Blair.
      SA probably wouldn't want to take any salary in return if they dump him, probably looking for a 1st round pick (purely speculation on my part). Davis makes more than Blair & Joseph combined, so it would be counter-productive for SA... plus Blair is better than Davis, so they'd just keep Blair in that case.

Comment

So would you trade a couple of second rounders for the 2 of them or a top 16 protected future 1st rounder if they are going to just dump them?

Comment

GoHuskies wrote: View Post
          So would you trade a couple of second rounders for the 2 of them or a top 16 protected future 1st rounder if they are going to just dump them?
          That's just it, I think "dump" is the wrong word... if they make Blair available, I could see plenty of teams having interest. I just have no idea what the price might be. Personally I don't think I'd giveup much to get a guy for backup PF, who's only marginally better than Amir/Davis.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            That's just it, I think "dump" is the wrong word... if they make Blair available, I could see plenty of teams having interest. I just have no idea what the price might be. Personally I don't think I'd giveup much to get a guy for backup PF, who's only marginally better than Amir/Davis.
            You are correct "dump" would be the wrong word in this case but I would love to see Blair in a Raps uniform and I think he would be a nice upgrade at the backup PF position , plus if we can get Joseph as a throw in for a first rounder that is pretty well protected why not.

Comment

Working...
            X