Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The complexity of the salary cap. Never seizes to amaze me. lol

2K has it waaaaaay off then
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      If Fields is signed as a free agent, then Toronto would lose both the Barbosa TPE and MLE.

If they were to work a deal with the NYK to acquire him via a S&T, then Toronto would be able to keep both the TPE and MLE (unless salary was sent back to NYK, Toronto would have to renounce all their cap-holds; Gray is the only one of relevance at this point and he could still sign with Toronto as an UFA if he's renounced, I believe).
      i thought gray already agreed to a 2 year deal.??

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        i thought gray already agreed to a 2 year deal.??
        Unofficially; they agreed verbally, before July 11th. I haven't heard about anything actually being signed. They'll probably wait until all other activity is over, then re-sign him, since that offers the team the most flexibility.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Neither of which will be ready to start come opening day. In my opinion.

Just trying to be optimistic Matt! Geeez!! haha

Everyone needs Jose as a Mentor!!
          Portland's guard play was a disaster last year and a steady hand in Calderon might just do the trick. I really want to believe this because of my bias for Batum. I want it to be true but just like anything else, we shall wait and see.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

you guys are brutal. batum to toronto makes no sense from batum or portland s point of view. it s just been reported that they re doing a sign and trade with minn. you know, the team that he agreed to go to...

Comment

keffyboy wrote: View Post
              you guys are brutal. batum to toronto makes no sense from batum or portland s point of view. it s just been reported that they re doing a sign and trade with minn. you know, the team that he agreed to go to...
              Much like many have said in this thread already, you also might not want to believe everything you read and hear. It does not look like Minnesota/Portland are agreeing on anything.

(AP) -- Portland Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey says the team will match any offers for French swingman Nicolas Batum.

Olshey's comments came Wednesday amid speculation the team might be working on a sign-and-trade with Minnesota, which is interested in the restricted free agent.

"I think Nicolas would have more value than what Minnesota is willing to offer in a sign-and-trade," Olshey said at the Blazers' Tualatin practice facility.

Batum's agent, Bouna Ndiaye, told The Associated Press last week that he and the Timberwolves agreed to terms on a four-year, $45 million offer with bonuses that could push it past $50 million. A formal offer has not yet been made.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz20MSIFlNl
              Minnesota has no leverage because, as of now, they are not willing to make the moves necessary to make the offer.

If they make the offer outright it appears they have to waive players and renounce exceptions. This probably impacts signing Brandon Roy (MLE).

Comment

Previous posts in this thread have stated that no offer sheet has been signed between Batum and Minnesota, as the Wolves have yet to clear enough cap space. I'm sure Batum and Minnesota have mutual interest but, as Matt stated, it appears that nothing has been agreed upon between the Timberwolves and Blazers.

As for hypothetically choosing between DeRozan/Fields and Batum/Fields? Sign me up for option #2. I'd be willing to part with two of the following (in order of who I want gone the most): James Johnson, Linas Kleiza, Jose Calderon (assuming we find ourselves a serviceable back-up PG and keep Uzoh as our 3rd-string), Ed Davis, Amir Johnson.
                Last edited by Phil; Wed Jul 11, 2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Wolves have nearly $58M in contracts.

Amnesty Darko, cut Miller, cut Webster and they are down to $43M.

Renounce all free agents and exceptions.

$15M in cap space:

$11M to Batum leaving $4M to sign Roy and Shved with no backup C and limited to minimum contracts for rest of roster.

All of this going one while Love says he wants to win..... or else.

Granted we are talking about Kahn so who really knows, but hands up if Minnesota follows through and makes the offer?

**There should be a lot of crickets right now**

Portland has nothing to lose while Minnesota - literally - has everything to lose.

Comment

here you go douches:
                    "The Trail Blazers and Timberwolves are discussing a deal that would bring Portland free-agent forward Nicolas Batum to Minnesota in exchange for two future first-round draft picks and a veteran small forward acquired from a third team, a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher."

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      If Fields is signed as a free agent, then Toronto would lose both the Barbosa TPE and MLE.

If they were to work a deal with the NYK to acquire him via a S&T, then Toronto would be able to keep both the TPE and MLE (unless salary was sent back to NYK, Toronto would have to renounce all their cap-holds; Gray is the only one of relevance at this point and he could still sign with Toronto as an UFA if he's renounced, I believe).
                      Raptors have submitted an offer sheet for Fields and that means S & T is not an option. Knicks can match or let him go, that's it
                      Ball Don't Lie

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Granted we are talking about Kahn so who really knows, but hands up if Minnesota follows through and makes the offer?

**There should be a lot of crickets right now**

*Hand goes Up*

*Looks around*

*Puts hand down sheepishly*

Comment

I feel bad for Minny. They are stuck in an undesirable position. I think their only option is NOT offer the contract and hope that Batum just takes the one year qualifying offer from Portland and waits it out until he's an UFA.

If I'm the GM and there's a reason why I'm not of course, in no way could I let go of 3 pieces in the hope that another team that says they will probably match, won't. That's just too much of a gamble.
                          Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

here you go douches:
                            "The Trail Blazers and Timberwolves are discussing a deal that would bring Portland free-agent forward Nicolas Batum to Minnesota in exchange for two future first-round draft picks and a veteran small forward acquired from a third team, a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher."
                            Yeah, saw that. It says nothing about an offer sheet being signed, let alone anything being remotely close to official. Better luck next time, keffyboy.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
                              I feel bad for Minny. They are stuck in an undesirable position. I think their only option is NOT offer the contract and hope that Batum just takes the one year qualifying offer from Portland and waits it out until he's an UFA.

If I'm the GM and there's a reason why I'm not of course, in no way could I let go of 3 pieces in the hope that another team that says they will probably match, won't. That's just too much of a gamble.
                              And on top of this whole Batum situation, they have a franchise player (Love) demanding improvements, with a thinly veiled threat that he may leave if management doesn't satisfy his demands. Very trying times to be a Minny fan, since it is so reminiscent of when they lost KG years ago,

Comment

here you go douches:
                                thanks you stupid shit. you think you could be a bit more insulting in every post? i understand your opinion is better than ours but i still feel like a person. please turn it up a notch.

Comment

Working...
                                X