Nicolas Batum rumors/updates, including Darko amnesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yannis Koutroupis ‏@YannisHW

Sources say the Timberwolves want to sign Lee outright, they arent interested in a sign-and-trade with the Houston Rockets.

Yannis Koutroupis Yannis Koutroupis ‏@YannisHW

Sources say the Timberwolves will go after Courtney Lee since Portland doesnt want to "play ball" in a potential Batum sign-and-trade.

Who is shocked the Wolves folded?

Batum still does not have an offer sheet it would appear.

(The assumption on my part is this is true - it very well could not be).

Comment

LOL - You can't make this shit up!

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda

One more factor in this MN-PDX snit: The Wolves still are trying to get compensation from Blazers for Martell's bad back from 2010 trade

Comment

Could Lee be the real reason they used amnesty on Darko???

I've been a Raps fan since they came into existence and even through our darkest days, it was still easier being a Raptors fan than I assume it is to be a T-wolves fan under Kahn! lol

Comment

Portland has also said they're open to sign and trades but they'd much rather prefer to keep him and they just didn't like what minny was offering. I imagine openning day batum will be a blazer but now there's a bit more hope

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
            Portland has also said they're open to sign and trades but they'd much rather prefer to keep him and they just didn't like what minny was offering. I imagine openning day batum will be a blazer but now there's a bit more hope
            If the rumor that Matt posted was true, in that Minny was offering 1st round picks but no players, it makes sense why Portland wouldn't be interested. First, they are a 'win now' team, so picks don't have as much value to them as they would to a rebuilding team (why they were open to trading their picks this year). Second, it's doubtful they'd get a player in the weak upcoming draft that equals Batum, so why not just match him?

So there's only 3 questions standing in the way of Batum coming to Toronto (and this is after assuming Minny is out):
            1. Is BC interested in Batum?
            2. Is Batum interested in Toronto?
            3. Does Toronto have any tradeable assets that would interest Portland more than a max-contracted Batum?

With Hickson re-signing and Claver coming over, it seems that Portland no longer has need for a PF (Davis). Toronto doesn't have any C's to offer Portland, which is probably their most pressing need. I worry/assume it would take a combination of Calderon & DeRozan to get a deal done, which is enticing enough for Portland to let Batum go.... but this is all just speculation on my part.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              If the rumor that Matt posted was true, in that Minny was offering 1st round picks but no players, it makes sense why Portland wouldn't be interested. First, they are a 'win now' team, so picks don't have as much value to them as they would to a rebuilding team (why they were open to trading their picks this year). Second, it's doubtful they'd get a player in the weak upcoming draft that equals Batum, so why not just match him?

So there's only 3 questions standing in the way of Batum coming to Toronto (and this is after assuming Minny is out):
              1. Is BC interested in Batum?
              2. Is Batum interested in Toronto?
              3. Does Toronto have any tradeable assets that would interest Portland more than a max-contracted Batum?

With Hickson re-signing and Claver coming over, it seems that Portland no longer has need for a PF (Davis). Toronto doesn't have any C's to offer Portland, which is probably their most pressing need. I worry/assume it would take a combination of Calderon & DeRozan to get a deal done, which is enticing enough for Portland to let Batum go.... but this is all just speculation on my part.
              I know that BC had expressed interest early in batum but I'm not sure with everything Portland has said if he still does. I'm pretty sure for the most part batum has left almost everything to his agent. I know he has some say but if his agent says Toronto has a good deal I'm sure his agent would be able to convince him to sign an offer sheet or ask for a sign and trade(more likely scenario). If we were to trade calderon and Demar I'm sure they would be content enough with that and maybe a pick. I imagine Matthews or Demar could start at the 3 for portland but I think what you said is true. I think they're more interested in a center right now than anything else. I feel if a team can't offer a center they won't be interested maybe get a 3rd team involved?

Comment

I know that BC had expressed interest early in batum but I'm not sure with everything Portland has said if he still does. I'm pretty sure for the most part batum has left almost everything to his agent. I know he has some say but if his agent says Toronto has a good deal I'm sure his agent would be able to convince him to sign an offer sheet or ask for a sign and trade(more likely scenario). If we were to trade calderon and Demar I'm sure they would be content enough with that and maybe a pick. I imagine Matthews or Demar could start at the 3 for portland but I think what you said is true. I think they're more interested in a center right now than anything else. I feel if a team can't offer a center they won't be interested maybe get a 3rd team involved?
                I just read an update on CNNSI (http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/11/tr...?sct=nba_t2_a8) that mentions Minny is now apparently offering their 2 1st round draft picks and a veteran SF to replace Batum.

I really can't see Portland being interested in Webster or Budinger (could they even trade him yet in a multi-player trade?), so I wonder if they are dangling Williams afterall? Or perhaps they're working an a multi-team trade to land this mystery SF - if it was Webster or Williams, wouldn't the article just mention him by name???

The ESPN article (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...-nicolas-batum) mentions that Korver was part of a propsed S&T at one point, but it has been shot down. I'm not sure if he's who the CNNSI article was referring to or not.

It's going to be interesting to see how this Batum issue gets resolved. One franchise is going to continue its losing ways; either Minny loses Batum and Darko, or Portland loses Batum and Hibbert... lol
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jul 12, 2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Via HoopsHype.com:

The Minnesota Timberwolves have formally offered a deal worth $46.5 million to Nicolas Batum of the Portland Trailblazers, an NBA source told WCCO’s Mike Max. Batum is a restricted free agent, so the Trail Blazers have three days to match the deal to retain the small forward.

So what does Portland do now?

Comment

Well I'm impressed that Minny went ahead with it, rather than just conceding. I still think Portland matches.

Comment

Ya I can't see them not matching. Didn't they already say theyd match any offer?

Comment

that seems like an easy offer to match.

considering they offered hibbert like 58 million.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

cant we just jump in and throw like 50 mill at his french ass? throw in like a baguette or sumthin to sweeten the deal

Comment

According to Hollinger Tweet, no formal offer has yet been made to Batum (sorry, no link). Wonder what's going on?

Comment

DeRozan and Calderon might get it done.

Comment

calderon + derozan for batum is not worth it at all. I cant believe that this is being thrown out there. Let at lone the fact that batum is going to be wayyyyyy over paid...no thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X