Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Knicks match Fields, what is plan B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa where did all these posts come from?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

No offense but I don't understand the fascination with OJ Mayo. I really don't. We don't need a SG, and if we did, he's not what I'm thinking of.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

If the Knicks match the offer for Landry Fields, where does that take us in terms of cap space? I'm seeing some OJ Mayo calling in here, I just can't imagine how the Raptors would even get him. Ideally, I would love to have Mayo in the team. He's gritty defensively, can knock down the shot & can be a secondary ball-handler.

I don't think we have seen the best of him, especially since the Grizzlies were so loaded inside, it took away a lot of driving space for him. What I don't like about him is he is inconsistent & a chucker.
        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
          If the Knicks match the offer for Landry Fields, where does that take us in terms of cap space? I'm seeing some OJ Mayo calling in here, I just can't imagine how the Raptors would even get him. Ideally, I would love to have Mayo in the team. He's gritty defensively, can knock down the shot & can be a secondary ball-handler.

I don't think we have seen the best of him, especially since the Grizzlies were so loaded inside, it took away a lot of driving space for him. What I don't like about him is he is inconsistent & a chucker.
          They could offer Mayo the $6.3M that would be going to Fields. If they dumped any players via trade or amnesty, they'd obviously be able to offer more. I wouldn't necessarily like Mayo on his own, but if Mayo and Iggy were both added, I think that would make for a stacked and well balanced lineup.

Comment

how about Mike Dunleavy

Comment

Free agents!

Free agents only!

Free agents only please!

Comment

Advanced stats love Iguodala, and so do I.

I'll take a 17/8/7.5 guy all day every day.

Throw in that he's a top 5 defender in the league, and I couldnt be more sold.

He's a steal at his salary, so don't bring salary into it, imo, unless you think PPG is the be all end all stat(It isn't.)

You wanna see funny? Check out this link:

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co...%93&player_ids[]=253&player_ids[]=150

It'll show you a side by side comparison of Gay and Iguodala.

Comment

how about bring back Hedo Turkoglu

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    No offense but I don't understand the fascination with OJ Mayo. I really don't. We don't need a SG, and if we did, he's not what I'm thinking of.
                    Same feeling. He's got talent, but he's never lived up to his potential. There was always talk of him becoming an all star type player. Maybe he still can, but I just don't see it.

Perhaps it's because an old NBA 2k game had his potential listed at A+, so I've been programmed to think he should be better by now.
                    Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

I guess a good plan B would be OJ Mayo. So, we can either move demar to SF or maybe include him in a package that would get Gay or Iggy. But i'm also fine if we end up with fields. I think they'll make the 8th spot but lose in the first round. Hey, i guess i'm just an optimist.

Comment

I would take a look at the following young guys for a cheap deal... The bigger names aren't going to sign in T.O.

CJ Miles
                        Devin Ebanks
                        Donte Green
                        Anthony Randolph
                        Bill Walker
                        DJ White

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          They could offer Mayo the $6.3M that would be going to Fields. If they dumped any players via trade or amnesty, they'd obviously be able to offer more. I wouldn't necessarily like Mayo on his own, but if Mayo and Iggy were both added, I think that would make for a stacked and well balanced lineup.
                          I forgot about the amnesty clause. Of course, that is another potential $10M in cap space even if Fields' offer is matched. I have a feeling the Knicks will match the offer for the same reasons why we would want Fields + the idea that an expiring contract in his third year for someone who still wouldn't be considered in his prime.
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Iggy
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Colangelo missed out on the best free agent value player the Raptors had a chance at. Lou Williams. Now I say they go after Randy Foye and if that fails CJ Miles or Shannon Brown since we have no shot at Lee , Mayo, or Rush(GS will not let him go)

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                                Peitrus sucks
                                Did you even watch the playoffs?

Comment

Working...
                                X