Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources ESPN: Jose Calderon wants trade (#68)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Not to be a buzz-kill but many - myself included - thought the same about Barbosa.
    Also thought the same about Barbosa and I think we were right. The reason it didn't seem like he had much value was because Toronto was being fussy. They didn't want to take back a contract and so waited 'til the last minute. My opinion.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      If we do give up Calderon for either Batum or Iggy, we would to find another PG to backup Lowry since we don't have another PG if we trade Calderon.
      They have something in the works

Lucas III or Flynn perhaps.. gotta move Jose first
      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

The GM made Jose a very rich man at a time when he would have gotten about 60% of his contact out on the open market. If The GM asked him to wash his car on the weekends, he should be grateful. I hope he does get traded, only because he'd be wasted here coming off the bench (I'm not a fan, but if Mario Chambers can be the starting PG for a championship team...). There's no use paying $10 Million for a back up PG, especially considering your new starting guard wasn't a fan of platooning (and please, no comments about how you can play them together. There's already enough SGs here and Calderon has a tough enough time covering the likes of DJ Augustin, hate to see him guard Joe Johnson and James Harden). Just get the Iggy deal done if it's out there and sign Johnny Flynn to play 15 mins a game.

One team that just opened up is Indiana, which traded Collison to Dallas (Good move. Collison had a good playoff and at less than 3 million, can at least do a reasonable job at PG). Indiana isn't going to want to take a step back and can't be all that comfortable with George Hill running the point...)
        Last edited by DirtyMikeSeaver; Wed Jul 11, 2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Jose is not a huge trade chip.

Iggy and Gay are skilled enough to be considered for the Olympic team. JC and DD are not getting it done in a package for either of these players.

Nobody is jumping out of their seat to make him their starter. And nobody wants him at the point in the playoffs cos he is a turnstile on D and needs the ball to be effective on O.

Jose's value is that he's an expiring contract... so we can trade him for a team looking to create cap space or move a bad contract. The scenario plays out with us getting a pick or young asset + a bad contract for Calderon.

"Multiple inquiries" = multiple GMs trying to undo their mistakes.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
            Jose's value is that he's an expiring contract... so we can trade him for a team looking to create cap space or move a bad contract.
            you have said one thing i agree with. except if the past 3 years are going to continue then team will completely burn down the town to open up as much space as possible to reload. other teams won't take bad contracts as much because they will now be only 4 years instead of 5.

the value of large expiring contracts is going to go up and up. if a team is 3 out of 5 years above the cap they are playing massive payments. here is a quote from cuban with just my google search

"More Cuban: "In the past, I could fix any mistake just by spending money. And I did. Now, it wasn't just about spending more money, because it was a lot more money. What was $19 million in luxury tax last year would have been more than $65 million under the new rules in year three or later."
            http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...ine/index.html

that is a ridiculous amount of money. expiring contracts aren't the same as they use to be.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Iggy is starting to look better and better now that Gay looks less likely to happen....sigh
              That's what I'mmmmmmmmm sayin!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                Jose's going to be a HUGE trade chip come trade deadline time
                Oh you think so? Last season we got late second round pick for Barbosa, who is good player with expiring contract over 7 millions, and now we have Jose... Following the same philosophy we could get early early-mid second rounder or in best case late first round pick in not so deep draft.
                (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

What about Danny Granger? They just traded out Darren Collison and have no starting PG. They signed Gerrard Green and also have Paul George at SF, and don't forget Barbosa's trade when, in my opinion, we did them a little favor, so Indiana could be more flexible this time (for example Jose+JJ to Granger)

What y'all think?
                  (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
                    What about Danny Granger? They just traded out Darren Collison and have no starting PG. They signed Gerrard Green and also have Paul George at SF, and don't forget Barbosa's trade when, in my opinion, we did them a little favor, so Indiana could be more flexible this time (for example Jose+JJ to Granger)

What y'all think?
                    i would like granger if all avenues for iggy were exhausted. thing with granger is he gives elite scoring but needs lots of touches for it. i think the team will run set plays for demar in the post and bargs up high with iso plays for lowry while the wing cuts and the center rolls. granger needs iso plays or he could end up being a very expensive spot up shooter. if we had a 4 like brand or bosh he would be a better option in my opinion. with iggy he effects so many aspects of the game without taking from others.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                      Also thought the same about Barbosa and I think we were right. The reason it didn't seem like he had much value was because Toronto was being fussy. They didn't want to take back a contract and so waited 'til the last minute. My opinion.
                      Good point.

Comment

All that could make sign-and-trade discussions between the Bobcats and Indiana Pacers moot. If the Bobcats strike deals with Sessions and eventually Haywood, it’s possible their best course would be rescinding a qualifying offer of about $4 million to point guard D.J. Augustin, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent. Charlotte Observer
                        http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

If Augustin became a UFA IMO, he would be worth checking out for backup duties if Calderon does end up getting traded.
                        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                          Colangelo says Jose is upset about the Lowry signing.
                          What about him being a great team player who would mentor the young pg of the future?
                          If he can't accept his backup role he's gone.
                          This is what struck me most from the interview, is that Colangelo didn`t hide the fact that Calderon was not happy. I get the impression he has one foot out the door.
                          Deadallus

Comment

Deadallus wrote: View Post
                            This is what struck me most from the interview, is that Colangelo didn`t hide the fact that Calderon was not happy. I get the impression he has one foot out the door.
                            Yeah, if BC actually said that himself, then Jose must be on the way out

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Here's the Prime Time interview, haven't gotten that far though. Pretty interesting.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/fan59...07-11-6-pm.mp3
                              Interesting to hear that Colangelo's 3-year, $36 million offer to Nash wasn't actually accurate.

Also, loved hearing the thought of Ross and Acy really pushing DeRozan and Davis respectively.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                i would like granger if all avenues for iggy were exhausted. thing with granger is he gives elite scoring but needs lots of touches for it. i think the team will run set plays for demar in the post and bargs up high with iso plays for lowry while the wing cuts and the center rolls. granger needs iso plays or he could end up being a very expensive spot up shooter. if we had a 4 like brand or bosh he would be a better option in my opinion. with iggy he effects so many aspects of the game without taking from others.
                                If Granger is acquired, he immediately becomes scoring option number 1A or 1B (along with Bargnani), but definitely ahead of DeRozan on the pecking order. I wouldn't be worried about getting Granger the touches he needs to succeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X