Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources ESPN: Jose Calderon wants trade (#68)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

j bean wrote: View Post
    Colangelo says Jose is upset about the Lowry signing.
    What about him being a great team player who would mentor the young pg of the future?
    If he can't accept his backup role he's gone.
    Jose has always been a great team player. He has always put team first, regardless of starting/not starting etc. But you gotta look at it from his point of view. After earning the starting role time and time again, and proving that he's capable to run the offense and put guys in good positions to score (I'm gonna leave out his defensive abilities, or lack thereof), and always remaining loyal to the team, all BC does is look for guys to take his spot. He's lasted through the TJ Ford and Jarett Jack days, was traded once (almost) and now this. If I was Jose, I would be pissed.

Thankfully, regardless of the outcome of this situation, Jose is a pro (as Colangelo has stated already) and will do what the team asks of him, and put everything he's got into it because he's that kind of guy. I love Jose, and want nothing more than for him to win, and be appreciated wherever he ends up.

Comment

BC should do another dog & pony show like the vid showing to Nash. This time to Batum in french with Jerry Lewis doing the narration/pleading.

For those wondering about the JL reference...he is a hero in France for his humour...go figure.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
        Colangelo says Jose is upset about the Lowry signing.
        What about him being a great team player who would mentor the young pg of the future?
        If he can't accept his backup role he's gone.
        Apparently he said this on Prime Time Sports. I think this means that a trade is brewing.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          BC should do another dog & pony show like the vid showing to Nash. This time to Batum in french with Jerry Lewis doing the narration/pleading.

For those wondering about the JL reference...he is a hero in France for his humour...go figure.
          In the sixties he might have been a hero; Batum might not even know him.

Comment

We should trade Calderon if there is value for him on the market. I always wanted him over Nash, but now that we have another pointguard as a starter we should try to get as much value out of him as possible and that's trading him because I highly doubt he is going to re-sign with us after the season. Not after almost getting trades, having to compete for the starting position a couple of times, becoming the back-up pointguard again with Lowry, all the amnesty talks and trade talks right now and us wanting him to take significantly less money on his next contract. He's a professional, but after this year he'll gladly be a professional on a contender.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
              I feel like Calderon is getting treated like shit the past couple years. He's one of the most loyal Raptors in history and he's been on the trading block year after year with numerous trade rumors involving him. But hey, I guess that's business....
              100% agree but your last sentence, unfortunately, is reality. That is why he has a 10% trade kicker.

I really cannot see him coming back. While it is a business, he does deserve better - much, much better.

Comment

So how bout a 3 way?

Toronto gets: Rudy Gay and Greivis Vasquea
                Toronto Sends: Amir, Jose, JJ

NOH gets: Jose, Pargo
                NOH sends: JSmith and Vasquez

Memphis gets: Amir, Smith, JJ
                Memphis sends: Gay, Pargo

This doesn't work on the trade machine but that is because they have not yet accounted for NOHs recent cap clearing moves and the corresponding, Eric G's cap hold etc etc. but it'd allow Memphis to dump some salary while netting some useful, young bench players and NOH would get a very good PnR PG to team up with Unibrow and who knows how to find a guy like Ryan Anderson as well as Gordon. Tdots finest get The Gay man they've always wanted (cheap shot I know) and a cheap young backup who'll never be much.

Yeah I know, the pipe is burning hot.
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Jose's going to be a HUGE trade chip come trade deadline time
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                    So how bout a 3 way?

Toronto gets: Rudy Gay and Greivis Vasquea
                    Toronto Sends: Amir, Jose, JJ

NOH gets: Jose, Pargo
                    NOH sends: JSmith and Vasquez

Memphis gets: Amir, Smith, JJ
                    Memphis sends: Gay, Pargo

This doesn't work on the trade machine but that is because they have not yet accounted for NOHs recent cap clearing moves and the corresponding, Eric G's cap hold etc etc. but it'd allow Memphis to dump some salary while netting some useful, young bench players and NOH would get a very good PnR PG to team up with Unibrow and who knows how to find a guy like Ryan Anderson as well as Gordon. Tdots finest get The Gay man they've always wanted (cheap shot I know) and a cheap young backup who'll never be much.

Yeah I know, the pipe is burning hot.
                    I very much doubt that Memphis is willing to send Rudy Gay to receive Jason Smith, James Johnson and Amir. Especially since they recently extended qualifying offers to both Speights and Arthur. I'm just not sure we have anything that Memphis wants, really. But I like the idea of getting Rudy while still keeping the core intact.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      Jose's going to be a HUGE trade chip come trade deadline time
                      Not to be a buzz-kill but many - myself included - thought the same about Barbosa.

Comment

Faux-ID wrote: View Post
                        I very much doubt that Memphis is willing to send Rudy Gay to receive Jason Smith, James Johnson and Amir. Especially since they recently extended qualifying offers to both Speights and Arthur. I'm just not sure we have anything that Memphis wants, really. But I like the idea of getting Rudy while still keeping the core intact.
                        I hear ya. Totally forgot about Speights. I'd throw em DD if they wanted but still...
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Not to be a buzz-kill but many - myself included - thought the same about Barbosa.
                          True enough but Calderon is a starting, highly efficient PG. Bigger market.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Also one year closer for the punative luxury tax...just saying.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                              Apparently he said this on Prime Time Sports. I think this means that a trade is brewing.
                              Here's the Prime Time interview, haven't gotten that far though. Pretty interesting.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/fan59...07-11-6-pm.mp3

Comment

If it makes the team better...

If there's a deal that makes Toronto better, but to do it, they have to ship out Jose, then do it.
                                Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Working...
                                X