Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quincy Acy was a draft steal, true or false?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasnt impressed at his summer league showing

but he kind of reminds me of reggie evans actually. beard and all, hustle, mad jumping for rebounds.

Comment

if he ends up playing 10+ years in the league i would consider it a very good value for a 2nd round pick

Comment

He looked a little lost out there in his first game. Im not worried about it. The number 1 thing every player who has ever played their first game has said is that they had to adjust to the speed of the game. I will worry at the end of the year. Then I will think. Oh wait I had zero expectation for a second rounder so whatever.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          if he ends up playing 10+ years in the league i would consider it a very good value for a 2nd round pick
          10+ years from anyone outside the top 10 is considered a great pick.

10+ years from a 2nd rounder is a steal

Too early to judge but if Acy sticks around the league with his game and his size it's entirely based on hustle, but if I were a betting man....well I'm not betting on Quincy to be playing in 2022.

Comment

Colangelo second round picks always end up being trash. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
              I'd say it's more of a draft reach.

Now if we took Quincy Miller on the other hand....
              +1 looking back on this draft I don't think I'll forget the mere seconds it took for nuggets to choose Quincy Miller after our pick.

Comment

Nothing wrong with being a fan of Quincy Acy. He has a good story, is a hustle player and is easy to root for.

What he needs is a good nick name. Junk Yard Dog is taken so maybe something tougher like Cerberus, the hound at the gates of hell.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                  Nothing wrong with being a fan of Quincy Acy. He has a good story, is a hustle player and is easy to root for.

What he needs is a good nick name. Junk Yard Dog is taken so maybe something tougher like Cerberus, the hound at the gates of hell.
                  Apparently he already has a nickname or two. One is "Cookie Monster" and the other is "Simba". I don't know if those are quite tough enough.
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                    Apparently he already has a nickname or two. One is "Cookie Monster" and the other is "Simba". I don't know if those are quite tough enough.
                    ME WANT REBOUND (in cookie monster voice)
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I dig Cookie Monster. I mean, we used to have a Mighty Mouse; it kinda fits.

Comment

I will answer this question in three years.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

QA4 will replace CB4 and AB7 as our starting PF in two years.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                            QA4 will replace CB4 and AB7 as our starting PF in two years.
                            What color is the sky in your world? It sounds like a fun place :-)

I'd be satisfied if Acy is still a productive part of the roster in two years! No point setting utterly unrealistic expectations for a guy, especially a second round draft pick.

Comment

Quincy Acy is a rich man Reggie Evans man, he is like a lion! he's got bear claws and the opponant is like a scared little bunny when he is around! you don't mess with that he is money!

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                                I'd say it's more of a draft reach.

Now if we took Quincy Miller on the other hand....
                                So far in the Summer League, I'm seriously not impressed by Quincy Miller....

Comment

Working...
                                X