No announcement yet.

ED gets it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed is the kind of player who can easily average a double-double per game with above average help defense and 1.5 blocks with starters minutes. Those types of players are very useful in the nba. Ive seen his game develop from not being able to hit a free throw to facing up and hitting elbow jump shots, if this improvement continues he can develop an interesting offensive game.

I do not see him as a star in this league, but i can see him as a solid contributor for years to come.
    "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
      Ed is the kind of player who can easily average a double-double per game with above average help defense and 1.5 blocks with starters minutes. Those types of players are very useful in the nba. Ive seen his game develop from not being able to hit a free throw to facing up and hitting elbow jump shots, if this improvement continues he can develop an interesting offensive game.

I do not see him as a star in this league, but i can see him as a solid contributor for years to come.
      +1 my thoughts exactly.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        While I see your argument, Davis is already at the Pinckney level, the guy only averaged more than 7 rebounds per game twice in his career and was never much of a shot blocker. While I will say that Davis still has major areas for improvement, he does not need to grow that much to be a better player than Pinckney. Remember that Ed missed his rookie year training camp do to injury and then faced a lock out year in an important year 2 development stage. Davis will never be an offensive force, but he will be a contributor for years to come in the NBA at a higher rate than Pinckney. I do still hold out some hope that he could be glue guy starter on the right team, maybe a Horace Grant type player.
        O.K., fair enough, I set the bar too low with the Pinkney comparison. But the pf position in this league demands more of an offensive contribution than he will ever bring. I can see him becoming a capable defensive performer.

Comment

Popeye Jones wrote: View Post
          Maybe he's a skinny Anthony Mason.
          Them's fightin' words, bud. To paraphrase a certain Vice-Presidential candidate talking about JFK: I knew Anthony Mason. I was a friend of Anthony Mason. Ed is no Mase. Mase was a fucking animal with a chip on his shoulder the size of Wisconsin. He was mean. He would not be denied. He had a huge heart.

Comment

My got feeling that one day ed davis will be starting pf for raptors...oh and all Bargnani supporters can jump on his band wagon and leave.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
              Them's fightin' words, bud. To paraphrase a certain Vice-Presidential candidate talking about JFK: I knew Anthony Mason. I was a friend of Anthony Mason. Ed is no Mase. Mase was a fucking animal with a chip on his shoulder the size of Wisconsin. He was mean. He would not be denied. He had a huge heart.
              Maybe he is a skinny Popeye Jones....:-/
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                Maybe he is a skinny Popeye Jones....:-/
                Now THAT I can get behind. But even here, Ed suffers in this comparison, because try as he might to fill out and bulk up, he'll never have Popeye's ears.

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                  And the face of Sloth.

Comment

I will always question Ed's decision making after seeing his mutant stink line riddled torso tattoo.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      At least he didn't respond with a gay slur. Ed's rookie year is his audition year. This is his year to prove things... or bust.
                      Don't big men need 6 or 7 years to develop?

Maybe he's a natural 5?

Comment

I don't care what Ed is or isn't. We've seen him for a couple of years and we know he's no MVP but no bust at the same time.

But the difference between him willing to live a happy millionnaire life and him wanting to help the Raptors win is what i'm interested in. If he's a dedicated 6th man bringing all he's got on the floor cause he wants to make a point, i want him on the team. Then if he turns out to be a late blooming all-star : bonus !

Right now, i'm just thrilled to see he wants to win. For him, for his team, and for the city of Toronto.

We're talking about a guy who first said that being drafted by the Raps was not the best cause he needed to go and get a passport : he's come a long way, but he seems to want to get this team on the map now.

Enough for me so far. The rest will follow.

Comment

As a guy who doubted ED's passion to help the team, I'm extremely happy to hear this out of him. It would be a huge bonus to see him come out of the gates firing this year and show that he's more than a deep(ish) bench player in the league.

Comment

Always loved Ed. I think he'll do some things this year.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                              Don't big men need 6 or 7 years to develop?

Maybe he's a natural 5?

No that's only for European big men.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                                "Yes, yes...it's working"
                                - Ed Davis' agent
                                Exactly. I'll let his play do the talking.

Comment

Working...
                                X