Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What are Flynn's ties to Ontario?
    Well upstate NY I guess, but I recalled him talking quite highly of Toronto ahead of the draft. I doubted the Raps would have interest in him as a backup, but thought they might take a cheap flier on his as a 3rd stringer. As ceez said, it seems like the Raps have no interest whatsoever, so I suppose it's a moot point.

Comment

Flynn, is from Niagara Falls USA, so he considers himself half Canadian...
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Can we please have no more "everything ..." threads. it's nauseating.

It's gotten to the point where one is being made for a guy who hasn't played a game, yet. Pretty soon, there's going to be an everything thread for a player we own the rights to. Even though there technically already is with valanciunas. We're going to end up having an "everything weems" thread. We're already starting it inside them. (look at posts above)

Unintentional or not.I think I've reserved the right to ask for it to be stopped. Since, I started it.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          Can we please have no more "everything ..." threads. it's nauseating.
          I kind of like it but maybe it's because I spend more time perusing RealCavsFans than RaptorsRepublic. The thread on KI is now 240 pages long and the one on TT 170 pages long.

The RR moderators may want to check our Game Day threads from last year and see if using the same concept would help generate interest in those threads.

Comment

When comparing Jeremy Lamb to Terrance Ross, you have to remember that Houston has a ton of great guys on the summer league roster (Tjones, RWhite, CParsons,SMachado, etc.) with those guys getting equal attention Lamb is free to roam, where as terrance ross has all eyes on him (as raptors have no scorers on our roster, other than ed)

Comment

The Raps have a terrible Summer team but better than LAL

Just goes to show how the others on the floor (pg especially) are necessary to make guys like Ross look good. ED seems to have developed a motor which is a good thing.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                The Raps have a terrible Summer team but better than LAL

Just goes to show how the others on the floor (pg especially) are necessary to make guys like Ross look good. ED seems to have developed a motor which is a good thing.
                I was thinking the same thing about Davis. It's nice that he seems to be developing a bit of offence, but even better that he seems to be pretty intense and active.

Comment

Right now Terrance Ross is a catch and shoot guard, and with the pgs we have on our summer league its a miracle he's even scoring at all. (I am dying to see him get the ball at the top of the key and just go for an iso play)

Comment

Myteam4life is totally right. If Ross was given that freedom you can guarantee that he would be ripping teams apart with that shot

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                      I kind of like it but maybe it's because I spend more time perusing RealCavsFans than RaptorsRepublic. The thread on KI is now 240 pages long and the one on TT 170 pages long.

The RR moderators may want to check our Game Day threads from last year and see if using the same concept would help generate interest in those threads.
                      You know what generates interest in everything? gambling.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        You know what generates interest in everything? gambling.
                        Sex sells too. You should take a look at our game threads from last year.

Comment

http://www.hoopsworld.com/raptors-te...ning-the-ropes

Little piece on our rook

Comment

Terrance Ross last night against Sacramento, showed what his ceiling is, a great shooter, can get by his guy (a nice first step), and can finish ABOVE THE RIM, he is getting more confident, and can you imagine him after 2 years of working out and filling out, this guy could be a great 6th man or an amazing starter if Derozen does not pan out.

Comment

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Jul 19, 2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...to-go-to-work/

LAS VEGAS – The Raptors’ top pick in the 2012 Draft admitted he was tired.
                                Still, after his five games in Las Vegas, Terrence Ross said he can’t wait to get back in the gym.
                                “I had to fight through some fatigue,” Ross said after scoring five point in just 17 minutes in his final Summer League game. “Now I know what I need to work on.”
                                Ross, taken with the No. 8 pick in the Draft, says he’ll travel back to Portland, Ore., and begin his preparations for his rookie season, focusing especially on his conditioning. The shooting guard out of Washington averaged 14.4 points in five games, but shot just 37.1 percent from the floor, admitting his shot suffered because of his tired legs.
                                “That’s a big part of being a shooting guard is fighting through adversity,” said Toronto coach Dwane Casey. “As a shooting guard, you’re getting bodied, you’re getting held, so you’ve got to be able to fight through that takes a lot of energy. He’s got to learn how to fight through that.”
                                Casey says he’s expecting Ross to come in and push returning two-guard DeMar DeRozan for playing time. DeRozan, entering his fourth season, averaged 16.7 points and played a team-high 35.0 minutes per game last season, but saw his shooting numbers go down for the third straight season. Also in the fold is recently acquired Landry Fields, whom the Raptors landed when New York chose not to match Toronto’s three-year offer worth a reported $20 million.
                                “He needs to stay hungry, not feel like he’s already arrived,” Casey said. “I think the most important thing is to come in and push DeMar and our other wings for playing time. … To do that, he’ll need to be in supreme shape and conditioned.”
                                Ross does not seem out of shape... He's a very skinny player with little strength... Hmmm. :S
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X