X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    It would appear that Ross isn't going anywhere:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Terrence-Ross
    "appear" is the operative term. Maybe MU is driving up the price/playing hard to get strategy. I like the sentiment out there if true. I think every player on this team has a price. If it knocks the socks off Masai I say he cocks & pulls.

Comment

• whoa i just saw he just had a kid? no wonder he's playing like poop. this year's a write off.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        "appear" is the operative term. Maybe MU is driving up the price/playing hard to get strategy. I like the sentiment out there if true. I think every player on this team has a price. If it knocks the socks off Masai I say he cocks & pulls.
        You mean cock that joint and bang on 'em?
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          whoa i just saw he just had a kid? no wonder he's playing like poop. this year's a write off.
          He had a C-section. He should be OK to play basketball. C means checks he isn't breastfeeding

Comment

• I love how Ross has responded to the benching. Good move Coach. Make him earn his way back.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I am honestly at the point of "selling high" with Terrence Ross. I think you could get a lot more for him now than you would in 2 years. Hope I'm wrong.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I think risk/reward of keeping him is now better than for trading him. His trade value isn't exactly sky high right now.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  I think risk/reward of keeping him is now better than for trading him. His trade value isn't exactly sky high right now.
                  True enough. Whenever a player performs poorly, fans want to trade him. Gotta wonder what they think they notice that Gm's of other teams won't. I just hope Ross comes around, grows up a little and starts putting more effort into his game. Having said that I have no clue how much effort he does put into it. Just looks like he has all the athleticism in the world, but continues to make bonehead plays and/or takes time off. If he could correct his on court behavioural flaws, he could be an all-star.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I think risk/reward of keeping him is now better than for trading him. His trade value isn't exactly sky high right now.
                    His first half scoring against Sacramento was why I'd keep him a bit longer. Damn, that guy is capable of a lot - step back threes, floaters in the lane, crazy reverse layups, etc. I hope he keeps developing - his ceiling is still a lot higher than his current production.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Ross will have as much value as Ed Davis did when we traded him for Rudy Gay. He's a lottery pick on a rookie scale contract that has upside. I don't think his play has really changed that. Ross was never going to get you a super star.

Comment

• I liked two opposing posts because I'm really torn on this issue. Is Terrence Ross done improving? Then his value is probably highest now. Is he on a downturn? Then you should probably keep him.

I think ultimately that his value is high enough that it's worth the risk, but we could be looking at a player who never quite gets where we want him to be and that scares me. Ed Davis is not exactly the comparable you want. He's fine as a player, but he's a 9th man rotation guy on a solid team.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Ross has every tool in the book.
                          His issue is in his mind. His personality.

The very same things, I think, that make him as pleasant as he apparently is in real life....off the court..... are what hold him back on it.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Ross has every tool in the book.

The very same things, I think, that make him as pleasant as he apparently is in real life....off the court..... are what hold him back on it.
                            I think his maturity will take a turn for the good this season, just look at the variety of moves he is trying games to game now... Just since he has gone to the bench I have seen him go to the hoop more times than he had all season. I feel this will be his year to break through the mental wall and start the climb to his ceiling. I say keep him, and keep him on the bench at the SG position.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              Ross has every tool in the book.

My fear is that the bigger the game/stakes the greater the "shrinkage"....the anti Kyle game personality.

Comment

• Ifound a story about who shot better or worse on contested jumpers.

Last year, Pierce, Lebron, Harden, Dirk, Wesbrook, Jamaal Crawford, even Rudy Gay were in a group of 10 that actually shot better when contested.

Then there was a group of 12 that shot much worse when contested. Best known names in that group were Dragic, Beal, David West, Love, Josh Smith and TRoss.

Not quite sure how to interpret this, but rather have seen TRoss in the Lebron group than the Josh Smith group.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X