No announcement yet.

Everything Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not sure if this was mentioned, but fuck ross.

hes apparently the first one to leave practice (listen around 18 minute mark)

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/tim-s...y-19---3pm.mp3

all the kid does is play nba 2k. get rid of this shithead.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      not sure if this was mentioned, but fuck ross.

Had a dream last night that both Ross and Lou were traded. Ross was very ashamed.

One of the assistant coaches went into detail about why Lou was traded. He said that Lou single handedly changed the offensive culture of the team; that his shoot-first mentality was rubbing off on everyone in a very negative way. Kind of like what might have happened with Rudy before he was traded last year. The assistant seemed very relieved that Lou was on the way out, and I got the sense that this was going to be a very good thing for the team going forward. I wasn't able to find out who they got back for either of them.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Had a dream last night that both Ross and Lou were traded. Ross was very ashamed.

One of the assistant coaches went into detail about why Lou was traded. He said that Lou single handedly changed the offensive culture of the team; that his shoot-first mentality was rubbing off on everyone in a very negative way. Kind of like what might have happened with Rudy before he was traded last year. The assistant seemed very relieved that Lou was on the way out, and I got the sense that this was going to be a very good thing for the team going forward. I wasn't able to find out who they got back for either of them.
        Trading both would mean we'd get back a SG and SF package. That could only mean a team really wants to tank or we got lucky.

If that trade came into function, I'd be a very happy man.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Paul George, year 3, age 22: 17.6 points, 7.6(!) rebounds, 2 steals, 4 assists
          Terrence Ross, year 3, age 23: 10.9 points, 3.2 rebounds, 0.6 steals, 0.9(!) assists

Per 36? PG13 improved in every facet yearly, Terrence Ross is the same or down across the board, and up a tick from his rookie year.
          The Pacers haven't added anyone of JJ's or Lou's caliber to their roster. No one will necessitate more minutes or require high volume usage in Indy. Moreover, PG13 has to be the focus of Indiana's offense because, no one else can score. Take away KL, DD, GV and LW & TR could potentially put up George-like numbers simply because, all the plays would have to flow through him.

Comment

• godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
            The Pacers haven't added anyone of JJ's or Lou's caliber to their roster. No one will necessitate more minutes or require high volume usage in Indy. Moreover, PG13 has to be the focus of Indiana's offense because, no one else can score. Take away KL, DD, GV and LW & TR could potentially put up George-like numbers simply because, all the plays would have to flow through him.
            so take away every other member on a team and you may or may not get big points in a game by yourself? ok.

you talk as if the pacers were just a bad team that inflated georges numbers or some shit. they went to the eastern conference finals TWICE. pacers didnt add anyone of JJ or Lou's caliber? who cares? you seriously think those two would be ahead of paul george in the pecking order?

JJ isn't taking away ross' minutes due to his offensive prowess.

PG came into the spotlight only after granger went down. with that opportunity, PG went on a tear. meanwhile, DD went down this year and ross played himself onto the bench.

Comment

Not surprised.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If He's leaving early, he needs to be straightened out.

Comment

If he's not serious, fuck that guy. Trade him for cash. Or a 2nd round pick. At least you know a 2nd rounder will take a chance at the NBA seriously.

Comment

Have less and less hope for Ross. Thought Jodie Meeks was his upside, maybe it's Gerald Green.

Thanks for giving the 18 minute mark, so I didn't have to listen to the earlier part, hardly ever listen to them cause I think they're basketball idiots.

Then they proved it when they thought going zone would work for the Raptors because Coach K used it successfully vs Louisville..

Of course no one (including Robinson, who actually covers basketball) mentioned the obvious, Louisville's gotta be a shitty 3 pt shooting team. Checked and yup, they rank 313 out of 351 schools shooting 30%. And the college line is easier to contest out of a zone than the NBA line.

d.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Not surprised. I knew Terrence wasn't a hard worker. There is no way he could have been a hard worker with the way he looks this season. He literally hasn't improved at all.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I'm scared that he's going to stay at his current level his whole career.

He's not a bust, he'll definitely play for years, but right now he's a massive disappointment.

Just look at the improvements JV has made, even this season, then look at the improvement he has made.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                          I'm scared that he's going to stay at his current level his whole career.

He's not a bust, he'll definitely play for years, but right now he's a massive disappointment.

Just look at the improvements JV has made, even this season, then look at the improvement he has made.
                          Well he has added quite a bit of things to his game that I wouldn't necessarily say were his strengths, like driving and pull-ups after several dribbles.

He has been asked to develop to be exactly like DD, and has been compared solely to DD his entire career. New coach/better teammates/system and could see Ross live up to those expectations.

He should definitely stick around. Danny Green was a late bloomer, and they play such a similar game (that is, if Casey stops the whole "drive to the basket development" thing he has going on

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            Well he has added quite a bit of things to his game that I wouldn't necessarily say were his strengths, like driving and pull-ups after several dribbles.

He has been asked to develop to be exactly like DD, and has been compared solely to DD his entire career. New coach/better teammates/system and could see Ross live up to those expectations.

He should definitely stick around. Danny Green was a late bloomer, and they play such a similar game (that is, if Casey stops the whole "drive to the basket development" thing he has going on
                            And what mysterious system/better teammates would that be?

Sorry I'm sort of sick of this. Since the Rudy Gay trade the Raps have won as many games as anyone else. System? Offensively it's a guard heavy series of off the ball screens, horns, pick and rolls and our favorite iso. Defensively it's a scramble heavy help/man system that shifts into a flex-zone.

The system is fine. They score at a high rate. It's guard heavy, he's a guard and still can't find a way to succeed.When they carry their loads on defense, that system works too.

Better teammates? He could play with more talented teammates, but other than the Hawks and San Antonio there are no teams with BETTER teammates.

Better coach? JV has improved with this group of coaches, so has Demar, JJ is playing the basketball of his life. Almost every player is playing at or above their basketball.

Ross is the exception. HE is playing below the level HE set last year when he would guard any player 1-3. HE was the guy who would fearlessly dunk on players and now shows no interest for the ball. HE was the player who had weeks to shine when Demar was out and did nothing. THAT'S why JJ has passed him on the depth chart.

The only way a change of scenery improves his play is if he gets traded to a bad team, doesn't get play time there and realizes how fragile the opportunity he has is.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              And what mysterious system/better teammates would that be?

Sorry I'm sort of sick of this. Since the Rudy Gay trade the Raps have won as many games as anyone else. System? Offensively it's a guard heavy series of off the ball screens, horns, pick and rolls and our favorite iso. Defensively it's a scramble heavy help/man system that shifts into a flex-zone.

The system is fine. They score at a high rate. It's guard heavy, he's a guard and still can't find a way to succeed.When they carry their loads on defense, that system works too.

Better teammates? He could play with more talented teammates, but other than the Hawks and San Antonio there are no teams with BETTER teammates.

Better coach? JV has improved with this group of coaches, so has Demar, JJ is playing the basketball of his life. Almost every player is playing at or above their basketball.

Ross is the exception. HE is playing below the level HE set last year when he would guard any player 1-3. HE was the guy who would fearlessly dunk on players and now shows no interest for the ball. HE was the player who had weeks to shine when Demar was out and did nothing. THAT'S why JJ has passed him on the depth chart.

The only way a change of scenery improves his play is if he gets traded to a bad team, doesn't get play time there and realizes how fragile the opportunity he has is.
                              Bucks have 30 wins and are on pace for close to 50 wins while being .300 against .500 teams. This means 60 wins isn't even an achievement when 9 out or 15 teams are under .500 and both 7-8 playoff teams are at .423. If Toronto wins every series against sub .500 eastern teams they are 3-1 in the series or 27-9. Going .500 against the rest means 50-32.

Comment

• Rumors heating up?

Ross has been coming off the bench since mid-January, and though he can shoot, the rest of his game has stagnated — especially his defense. The Raps are listening to incoming offers on Ross, per several league sources, and a couple of power forwards on borderline playoff teams stand out as intriguing targets: David West and Kevin Garnett. Grantland
                                Masai Ujiri talked at length with me in late December about how hard it was just deciding whether the Raptors, as a strong team in a weak conference, are true title contenders or something more ambiguous, a notch or two below the elite. He vowed that he would not do any trade that sacrificed even a small piece of the future for a one-season upgrade.

The Raps blazed into the All-Star break, but their defense is shaky and they have two expendable expiring contracts in Landry Fields and Chuck Hayes. Those guys alone won’t get you anything, but the Raps have a couple of future assets that have declined enough in value that Ujiri might include them in the right deal: their own first-round pick and Terrence Ross. (The same doesn’t apply to the 2016 Knicks first-rounder Toronto owns thanks to the ridiculous Andrea Bargnani heist.) Their own pick is a lock to fall in the mid-20s, and though this front office could absolutely nail a pick that low, the odds are always against it.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nb...enneth-faried/

Comment

Working...
                                X