• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am so geeked about this years team
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      i am so geeked about this years team
      I agree. I think they'll be the most interesting Raptors team for some time.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        if trade demands are too high, the best way to get them to lower is to play like your happy doing nothing...but if were bluffing, better hope they dont call our bluff LOL..

one thing i got from that press conf. is NO mention of amir AT all... when BC was talking about competition at each possition when we mentioned PF he only mentioned Bargs & Davis... NO Amir... maybe he gets amnestied before the day is done.... unless they plan on starting him at C until JV takes that role from him..
        Noticed that too. Maybe an un-freudian slip. Seemed conspicuously absent. Could be the centre thing though

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          I won't be happy with that. I'm sick of all these damn TPE's going unused. Get somebody dammit!

Losing Bayless and JJ for Fields and Lowry, there's not much of an upgrade there. I'll be quite disappointed if a bigger move isn't made.
          Say WHAT:? Smoking something there Mack, and it isn't the good stuff.

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
          I'd like to see another move too, but I completely disagree with your second statement. IMO, Fields and Lowry >>> JJ and Bayless.
          Defintely.

Comment

Fields >> JJ
            Lowry>> bayless
            how does it matter?

If we are done dealing I'm afraid we are fighting for the lottery spot next year as well.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              It's probably too early to start discussing it in it's own thread, but looking down the line I'm not so concerned with a Lowry/Calderon PG controversy because Jose tends to be willing to come off the bench, but it's the DeMar controversy which should prove to be interesting. Ross is a vastly superior player to DeMar and frankly you don't hand out $19 million contracts to have guys come off the bench so Fields will likely start at SF. How long before it becomes apparent that Ross should be starting at SG? They're going to bring Ross off the bench at the start of the season because he's a rookie, but once he gets his feet wet and gets comfortable at perhaps the second half of the season but for sure by the 2013-2014 season a decision will have to be made.

Possibly packaging both DeMar and Calderon by the trade deadline could net us the big time player people are hoping for.
              I really like Ross so far .. and think he wil start eventually. Im not that fussed about the DD / Ross thing. DD and Fields will be starting day one .. agree with you there. I would guess (hope) that Ross is first wing off the bench, followed by LK. If Ross starts to outplay either DD or Fields .. I don't think it will be a problem to slot him into the starting lineup. My guess is that he actually suplants Fields .. but I think either way that if he earns it over DD .. then thats a sign that DD is out the door and given that we havent signed him long term .. he will just fade.

On the flip side .. if he outplays Fields (my guess) and simply shows that he is a much better talent (whereas Fields is a role player) .. then it makes sense he will get more time whether off the bench or starting. This one is a little more awkward given the brutal contract to Fields .. but I still think manageable ..

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                I really like Ross so far .. and think he wil start eventually. Im not that fussed about the DD / Ross thing. DD and Fields will be starting day one .. agree with you there. I would guess (hope) that Ross is first wing off the bench, followed by LK. If Ross starts to outplay either DD or Fields .. I don't think it will be a problem to slot him into the starting lineup. My guess is that he actually suplants Fields .. but I think either way that if he earns it over DD .. then thats a sign that DD is out the door and given that we havent signed him long term .. he will just fade.

On the flip side .. if he outplays Fields (my guess) and simply shows that he is a much better talent (whereas Fields is a role player) .. then it makes sense he will get more time whether off the bench or starting. This one is a little more awkward given the brutal contract to Fields .. but I still think manageable ..
                at least fields never got hump money LOL 12 mill a year for Hump God DAMN! makes our overpayments a bit more tolerable seeing other GM's get hosed even more then our own...

Comment

I like the idea of stopping the acquisitions here. We don't know what the needs are yet. Who can play with who. I prefer to see how this group meshes and evolves to start the season. Trades can then be manufactured to address short comings mid-season. No sense predicting where our biggest hole is going to be before we get a chance to evaluate this group.
                  Welp, that sucked.

Comment

at least fields never got hump money LOL 12 mill a year for Hump God DAMN! makes our overpayments a bit more tolerable seeing other GM's get hosed even more then our own...
                    That was set up on purpose so that they can still try to get Dwight Howard at the trade deadline. Hump's salary is high, but it is a short contract and the amount matches up well (along with a few other contracts of theirs) with any of the remaining long term contracts that Orlando would want to get rid of.

Credit: Hollinger. http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...eal-look-south

Pretty smart play by Brooklyn. In the meantime Hump provides a double double almost every night.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                      That was set up on purpose so that they can still try to get Dwight Howard at the trade deadline. Hump's salary is high, but it is a short contract and the amount matches up well (along with a few other contracts of theirs) with any of the remaining long term contracts that Orlando would want to get rid of.

Pretty smart play by Brooklyn. In the meantime Hump provides a double double almost every night.
                      Is that also why they gave Lopez the max? Because if that works I suggest we give DeRozan and Davis the max as quickly as possible.

Comment

Not sure I would say smart as much as I would say it is a gamble.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

But Orlando did not want Humphries in earlier talks in some of the reports and that is why the Cavs got into the mix as the 3rd team...so unless things have changed...as well the $ given to Hump is a bit much I think which is another Orlando problem since they did not like the max contract given Lopez.

Comment

Let me get this straight: In New York, Landry's # is 6. He comes to Toronto and his number is 9. Hmmm, 6, 9, is he thinking about his girlfriend again?

Elaine Alden ‏@elainealden
                            @landryfields who is that blonde in your profile picture? You guys look amazing together..you must be in love. ‪#cutecouplealert‬
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

if trade demands are too high, the best way to get them to lower is to play like your happy doing nothing...but if were bluffing, better hope they dont call our bluff LOL..

one thing i got from that press conf. is NO mention of amir AT all... when BC was talking about competition at each possition when we mentioned PF he only mentioned Bargs & Davis... NO Amir... maybe he gets amnestied before the day is done.... unless they plan on starting him at C until JV takes that role from him..
                              Think he is starting at C.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                                But Orlando did not want Humphries in earlier talks in some of the reports and that is why the Cavs got into the mix as the 3rd team...so unless things have changed...as well the $ given to Hump is a bit much I think which is another Orlando problem since they did not like the max contract given Lopez.
                                yep.. if the magic didnt want Hump & Lopez before, they sure as hell aint going to want them at those numbers...D.howard is going to be Showtime, im sure Magic would rather give Bynum max before Lopez

Comment

Working...
                                X