Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    $1.5M per year, team option on year 2.
    Thks. The few games I saw him in last yr. it always seemed he was making a 3 when it was needed when Rose was out. Good flexible contract.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Via HoopsHype.com:

Deeks is the ShamSports.com guy.

Knowing the contract, I would call this a good pick up now. Still not convinced Lucas is a legit backup but no issue with him playing 3rd string or in case of injury.
      1.5$ million is half of what I was expecting, I too would agree on a good pick up.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• So, according to Doug, Lucas is in Toronto today doing his physical and then a media announcement tomorrow.

Doug Smith wrote:
        Not sure how much of this is out there this week – don’t really care since it’s old news anyway – but James Johnson is a Sacramento King and John Lucas III will be a Raptor, likely this afternoon.

The Johnson-for-a-second-round-pick deal has officially gone through and that leaves enough money lying around for Toronto to sign Lucas as a third point guard.

He’s supposed to get his physical today, sign his contract after and he could very well be “introduced” to the media tomorrow.
        Source - Click here

Comment

• I'm happy that we got John Lucas III, although I'm a raptors fan first, I watched alot of bulls games last year, the guy can light it up, he'll be superb 3rd point guard or a very good backup if calderon is traded. This is my first post this year, and I must say I'm very pleased with all the moves Calangelo has made so far, including Landry Fields.....assuming the team stays relatively healthy, this should be a playoff team, at least a 7-8 seed, BOOK IT!!

Comment

• I was seeing a lot of tweets from Bulls fans, and seeing a lot of mad statuses on facebook about letting JL3 go.

He was a fan favourite in Chicago, the guy is a hard-worker, and a good motor, I see him fitting into Casey's system, being he's played under coach Thibodeau.

Comment

• Surprised none of the twitter regulars have mentioned this. Summer vacation? Olympics?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                Surprised none of the twitter regulars have mentioned this. Summer vacation? Olympics?
                John Lucas is a third stringer, should anyone really care other than Bulls fans?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Surprised none of the twitter regulars have mentioned this. Summer vacation? Olympics?
                  Maybe if it was the Lakers or Heat that signed him, twitterers would be tweeting lol
                  Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

• Sure

I dont know much about this dude, but from the comments it seems everyone is in favour and its a decent pickup.

I do know one of the top 25 dunks of 2011-2012 included him. Unfortunately, he wasnt the one dunking.
                    It was LeBron James as he jumped over John Lucas III and mind you it was jumping over catching the ball in the mid-air dunk (priceless).

Shouldnt be a big. LeBron is a bully - John Lucas III was just minding his business and here comes LeBron jumping over him like it's the cool thing to do. Poor guy.

Ofcourse this shouldnt be an indication of JL3's overall capability.

Peace
                    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

• This is all you need to know about John Lucas III.

He doesn't back down from anything.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Why Lebron was probably pissed
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Top 25? Easily Top 3, Blake's were nice but I think I have Lebron over JLIII as my #1...it's just something you don't see happen in games...even if it's the equivalent of jumping over Puff Daddy in the dunk contest. To do that in a game on an alley oop is just much more impressive than a facial where he leads with his elbow.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Then there was the Lucas comments after Tyson Chandler's screen on LeBron.

Here is screen, notice LeBron is 'visibly shaken':

Here is JL3's thoughts:

LeBron James has done some questionable things so far during the Miami Heat-New York Knicks series.

What's really been standing out is the "flopping," which was very noticeable during Game One in Miami's 100-67 blowout victory.

He flopped a couple of times for practice before he took it to the max when he made this late overreaction to Tyson Chandler's hard screen.

Chicago Bulls point guard John Lucas III doesn't really dig LeBron's flopping, saying it's uncool:

On April 19, James and Lucas got into an on-court shoving match after James blindsided and then flattened Lucas with a pick in the backcourt. Both players were hit with technicals.

Lucas felt the play was dirty and now thinks it’s ironic. In an interview on the Waddle & Silvy Show on ESPN Radio in Chicago, Lucas implied James was a bit of hypocrite for exaggerating contact on a similar play in Game 1 against the New York Knicks last week.

“I thought he threw his left shoulder into me a little bit, and then I look up and Tyson Chandler set a clean screen on him, and he took it like he just got shot and all that,” Lucas said. “I mean, you gotta get back up all that like your neck was hurt and stuff, that wasn’t cool.”

You can definitely see where Lucas III is coming from when calling James a hypocrite.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sport...james-flopping

So lets review ESPN measurements:

JL3 5'11" 165lbs

LBJ 6'8" 250lbs

TC 7'1" 240lbs
                            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Jul 27, 2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Rob, I agree. In the long run, I want a competitive and entertaining team in TO. With the roster manipulations pertetrated by super stars and by GMS that have become the norm in Boston, Miami and LA, the NBA Championship has lost some of its cache. As a B ball fan, I am more interested in the regular season games and this Raptor team will do well - lots of energy, character and a few new team mates with something to prove to their former employers,

Comment

• Raptors Public Relations Twitter account just posted this:

RaptorsPR wrote:
                                The #Raptors have signed guard John Lucas III. Lucas avg'd career-best 7.5 pts, 2.2 asts, 1.6 rebs & 14.8 mins w/ Chi. last season.
                                So I guess the official, official announcement will come shortly.

Source - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                X