The Dark Knight Rises Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Knight Rises Thread

Ok so we have an Avengers thread, I think TDKR deserves it's own thread as well. This looks to be a movie of epic proportions. I am totally hyped. I think IMAX is the only way to go on this one, especially considering that Nolan shot approximately 1 hour of it on IMAX cameras (support Canadian technology!)

You guys super duper amped as well? What format you gonna watch it in? Anyone get their tickets yet?

Ya the Avengers thread basically turned into the "SuperHero Movie" thread. haha
    Had mentioned in there that I got my tickets last weekend. I'm going to see it in UltrAVX. Heard its nearly just as good. And all the good IMAX seats were gone.

Comment

UltraAVX is really good. I've seen several movies on it. But I just love IMAX's sound and screen quality. Your right, all the IMAX screens are pretty much sold out or the best seats taken up already (not willing to sit up so close), for the first week or so. I'm going to go the patient route, and wait 'till next weekend when I can get primo seats in IMAX when the blocks of tickets are released.

This movie is going to kick ass. I'm guessing it will usurp the Avengers as the highest grossing movie of the year.

Comment

Ya you can't Top IMAX .. but if the movie is as good as I hope in UltraAVX, then maybe it'll be worth a repeat watch in IMAX.

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
        I'm guessing it will usurp the Avengers as the highest grossing movie of the year.
        Ooo I don't know about that .. I think it'll be hard pressed to top what Dark Knight did. Hard to tell though. Should be a good battle though!

The movie does look pretty fantastic. And its still Christopher Nolan; so you know you can always trust him.

Comment

idk much about the screen quality stuff. I go to the Silvercity on Burloak drive, the digital one here I'll give y'all a link.

Comment

this one http://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/The...P-Cinemas.aspx

Comment

I never ended up catching The Avengers in theatres, but I'll be damned if I make that mistake again with this one. IMAX all the way!!

I just saw The Amazing Spiderman, which I thought was alright, but I've never been a huge fan of the Spiderman movies for whatever reason.

I'll wait 2 weeks or so for the crowds to die down. DON'T NOBODY RUIN ANYTHING FOR THE REST OF US!!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Ya the Avengers thread basically turned into the "SuperHero Movie" thread. haha
                Had mentioned in there that I got my tickets last weekend. I'm going to see it in UltrAVX. Heard its nearly just as good. And all the good IMAX seats were gone.
                yeah. can we get a superhero thread for itself?

not opening in china right now but luckily i will be flying home for a holiday on saturday. should be seeing a matinee sometime next week. this movie is going to fucking rock. i think it is pretty obvious from the avengers thread that i am a batman man and batbale is fucking wicked.

batbale
                batcartoon
                batkilmer
                batkeaton
                batwest
                batclooney

the goddamn batman

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  idk much about the screen quality stuff. I go to the Silvercity on Burloak drive, the digital one here I'll give y'all a link.
                  Dude have you never seen a film in IMAX?!? You do not know what you are missing. I highly highly recommend seeing TDKR in this format. Trust me you will not regret it.

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I never ended up catching The Avengers in theatres, but I'll be damned if I make that mistake again with this one. IMAX all the way!!

I just saw The Amazing Spiderman, which I thought was alright, but I've never been a huge fan of the Spiderman movies for whatever reason.
                  I saw the Amazing Spiderman in IMAX. I thought it was good not great. I actually thought the storyline was probably the best of all the Spiderman movies. Just not enough action for me. I think Avengers ruined all "superhero" movies for me by setting the bar waaay too high.

Oh yeah and Emma Stone is in it. Smokin'.
                  Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Thu Jul 19, 2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    yeah. can we get a superhero thread for itself?

not opening in china right now but luckily i will be flying home for a holiday on saturday. should be seeing a matinee sometime next week. this movie is going to fucking rock. i think it is pretty obvious from the avengers thread that i am a batman man and batbale is fucking wicked.

batbale
                    batcartoon
                    batkilmer
                    batkeaton

batwest
                    batclooney

the goddamn batman
                    Val Kilmer over Michael Keaton?! Blasphemy!

Comment

Dude have you never seen a film in IMAX?!? You do not know what you are missing. I highly highly recommend seeing TDKR in this format. Trust me you will not regret it.

I saw the Amazing Spiderman in IMAX. I thought it was good not great. I actually thought the storyline was probably the best of all the Spiderman movies. Just not enough action for me. I think Avengers ruined all "superhero" movies for me by setting the bar waaay too high.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Amazing Spiderman... thought it would suck, turns out it's probably the best of all the Spiderman flicks to date... not GREAT, but i didnt feel like i was wasting my time watching it (like Spiderman 3)

It totally could have done with less melodrama... really, my only real knock against it

I like what they did with the spidey costume though... alot more organic looking... it actually looked like a dude in a spidey uniform he made in his bedroom with spandex (exactly how spidey should look) rather than the weird space alien armor costume of the raimi flicks

and the Lizard was all kinds of bad ass.

Comment

I'm pretty sure i have but i don't pay much attention to it. I just kinda go to a theater and watch the movie i want, if they emphasized it I'd probably know about it

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post

I'll wait 2 weeks or so for the crowds to die down. DON'T NOBODY RUIN ANYTHING FOR THE REST OF US!!
                          I think avengers is still out.

Anyways, I say it tops Avatar. If it doesn't I will not come to this site for a week.

People get even angrier when you talk shit about this film than tourrettes guy with total.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Val Kilmer over Michael Keaton?! Blasphemy!
                            after willow, kilmer can do no wrong for me. batman and returns are better movies then batman and robin but i think kilmer makes a better batman then keaton.
                            Last edited by Miekenstien; Thu Jul 19, 2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Ummm .. 12 dead, 50 injured at a Midnight Screening in Denver ... what is it with people from Colorado?!

Comment

Working...
                              X