The Dark Knight Rises Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red and White wrote: View Post
    What did you guys think about the ending?
    Too hard to discuss without giving anything away unfortunately. I was happy with it though.

LBF wrote: View Post
    I did. I wasn't thinking and got mixed up. Plus, Robin is in both. So, it's confusing.
    Fair enough. Figured, just wanted to make sure.
    Because in Batman & Robin, their suits had nipples.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Too hard to discuss without giving anything away unfortunately. I was happy with it though.

Hardy is being compared to Brando quite a bit and I've read a few times that his bane voice is brando-ish. Is there any truth to this? Granted this was well before the movie premiered . It was when they did that 7 minute preview before the screening of MI4.

As for B&R , they paid Arnie 25 mill. to play freeze. God love him. But, There was absolutely no reason to do that. I mean it's probably tied with when De Niro played the Monster in the equally stupid film "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" as the biggest waste of money spent on a supporting character that didn't need to be played by a big name.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Hardy is being compared to Brando quite a bit and I've read a few times that his bane voice is brando-ish. Is there any truth to this? Granted this was well before the movie premiered . It was when they did that 7 minute preview before the screening of MI4.
        Hardy is the best part of the movie. Without Question.
        His voice was very well done as well, with a little Sean Connery/Brando definitely sprinkled in.

He did Bane justice, just as handily as Ledger did Joker, in my opinion.
        Hathaway as Cat-Woman was a pleasant surprise. Really like how they downplayed the whole 'Cat' theme for her.

Comment

I imagine anyone could do it justice. After how terribly he or should I say "it" was portrayed in b&r. Seriously, it was a "pet" in that movie, it was poison ivy's fucking pet!

Honestly, though it seems the character was taken with extreme care and seriousness in this film by both Hardy and Nolan.

Although, I think the movie itself and the tragedy should be discyssed seperately. I'm not going to make that decision in regards to a seperate thread.

But, man some of the stories coming out of this are ridiculous. I mean you've got a mom in critical condition, who won't stop asking about her 6 year old daughter, who's dead, but nobody can risk telling her.
          You've got a girl who luckily escaped the toronto shootings two weeks ago and ends up being shot and killed at the theatre.
          Finally, A guy who to protect his wife and her older brother from being shot dove in front of them and was killed instantly. Not to mention the fact it was his 27th birthday and the next day was their first year wedding anniversary.

I mean what a fucking asshole! The guy that did this... Just what a fucking asshole!
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            and the Batman helmet was so big, it wobbled when he ran... like he was drunk..

i remember it clearly... it was the last movie i ever saw at a drive-in theatre... and as soon as i saw a silhouette of him running, i thought "jesus christ, what's with Batman's big ass mongoloid head?!"

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              and the Batman helmet was so big, it wobbled when he ran... like he was drunk..

i remember it clearly... it was the last movie i ever saw at a drive-in theatre... and as soon as i saw a silhouette of him running, i thought "jesus christ, what's with Batman's big ass mongoloid head?!"
              As well, what the hell was that little fight between clooney and o'donell. Where clooney's doing his fucking pose that he does with the hands in his pocket/chest stick out, i'm a sexy beast look. They start having a fight about who posion ivy likes better and robin's like "you're just jealous she likes me better" and then stomps off and bruce just looks at him "like ya you walk away."

I was like when did batman become some rom-com?

as proved by this video. the entire problem is they tried to make bruce wayne, george clooney and not george clooney, bruce wayne.

Comment

hopefully they continue the series after this movie. I want to see that batman beyond costume it looks boss

Comment

A batman beyond movie would be beyond epic.

Comment

They need to work a robin/night owl angle and other characters or else it'd just be a copy cat-ish version of nolan's trilogy.

Knowing hollywood they are going to take the easy way and just continue the nolan path and probably fail like they did with b&r.

Comment

Great movie just seen it, I have to say my fav part was when Catwoman disappears on him and he's like "Now I know how that feels" or something on lines like that, that made my night LOL. And the ending was epic, I hope they do it justice and make a Nightwing movie, but no more Christopher Nolan that sucks. If Zach Snyder does "Man of Steel" correctly, I'd give him the job to make the next Batman trilogy.
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Saw it Saturday. Highly entertaining. It's a little too long, which led to some pacing issues. Not sure Anne Hathaway as Catwoman (especially this version of Catwoman) worked but she looked good in the outfit. Didn't really like the way they dealt with Bane at the end of the movie and I'm not sure I liked the way they dealt with Bruce Wayne at the end.

Still, I liked it better than the second one and it did wrap up an epic trilogy properly (i.e. no loose ends, resolution for main characters, shift to a new paradigm). Too bad these guys didn't write the Mass Effect 3 endings....

Comment

Just finished watching it.

Can't say I liked it better than TDK. But, it was the better film. It combined the elements of origin and drama that made BB succesful and the action/adventure elements that made TDK successful.

Bane sounds like if Brando and Connery were to co-host an electro karaoke party.

MAJORSPOILER ALERT!!! Do Not Read the rest of this post if not seen movie!!!!!

I'm not sure Batman needed to die. I understand the reasoning behind it and such.

I'm sure in the following movies after. Somehow he isn't dead and he'll end up becoming like a mentor type to robin or something.

Maybe, at the end Alfred really did see him and it wasn't a pigment.

If he is dead. I could see Robin and Cat woman having to battle two-face because they'll have to make it. So, that he's not dead.

One thing is for sure, Nolan sure didn't leave much for a continuance. Two-Face dead, Batman Dead, Bane dead, Ras al Ghul dead, Talia al Ghul dead. Nobody is going to want to fuck with the Joker for quite a while either.

I mean without bringing someone back from the dead. Who do you have left that can support main villain status?
                          The Riddler!?

Comment

Just finished watching it.

Can't say I liked it better than TDK. But, it was the better film. It combined the elements of origin and drama that made BB succesful and the action/adventure elements that made TDK successful.

Bane sounds like if Brando and Connery were to co-host an electro karaoke party.

MAJORSPOILER ALERT!!! Do Not Read the rest of this post if not seen movie!!!!!

I'm not sure Batman needed to die. I understand the reasoning behind it and such.

I'm sure in the following movies after. Somehow he isn't dead and he'll end up becoming like a mentor type to robin or something.

Maybe, at the end Alfred really did see him and it wasn't a pigment.

If he is dead. I could see Robin and Cat woman having to battle two-face because they'll have to make it. So, that he's not dead.

One thing is for sure, Nolan sure didn't leave much for a continuance. Two-Face dead, Batman Dead, Bane dead, Ras al Ghul dead, Talia al Ghul dead. Nobody is going to want to fuck with the Joker for quite a while either.

I mean without bringing someone back from the dead. Who do you have left that can support main villain status?
                            The Riddler!?

****SPOILER ALERT****

Pretty certain Batman did not die. They strongly hint to that with the scene where Fox finds out Bruce Wayne fixed the autopilot in the bat-whatever. That, along with Alfred seeing them in the café, and the ton of talk about the "clean slate" leads me to believe that Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle use the clean slate on themselves, and live off the grid for a bit or something close to that. But that is just how I saw it.

Comment

****SPOILER ALERT****

Pretty certain Batman did not die. They strongly hint to that with the scene where Fox finds out Bruce Wayne fixed the autopilot in the bat-whatever. That, along with Alfred seeing them in the café, and the ton of talk about the "clean slate" leads me to believe that Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle use the clean slate on themselves, and live off the grid for a bit or something close to that. But that is just how I saw it.
                              That is exactly what happened.

Comment

****SPOILER ALERT****

---SPOILER---
                                It usually takes me like the day after to pick up on the details. Where I just randomly yell it out in mid-day.

That does make sense-ish.

Technically, though Batman did die. Bruce Wayne is alive.

Shit. Starting to put it together now. All that shit in Alfred's dpeech to Bruce at the beggining. Ya, that makes sense.

Funny enough. I did clue into John Blake becoming Robin. But, not him actually being Robin all along. I also clued into Bane not being Ras' son because I knew he only had a daughter and before they revealed Bane being the protector. I had this feeling of a resemblance between "the protector" and "Bane". I figured maybe they were going a different direction. So, when Maria turned out to be Talia, it still surprised me.

They did a good job of constantly kind of throwing you off your hunches. Except the John Blake-Robin one was obcious.

Comment

Working...
                                X