The SF dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SF dilemma

Fans are all for going after a an elite SF right now, and the main name being thrown around is Igoudala. But why? Iggy has already started to plateau and probably only has 3 good years left in him. The raptors core is not ready to do anything significant in the next three years, so to trade away young assets for him would be foolish. There is a solution and saviour of the Raptors franchise. His name is Andrew Wiggins.

Andrew Wiggins will reclass and will be in the 2014 NBA Draft. W must get him. He is a SF. He is hyper athletic. He has the potential to be the next Kevin Durant. He is Canadian.

Step 1)
    Toronto Recieves: Sacramento 2014 second round pick

Sacramento Recieves: James Johnson

Complete

Step 2)
    Toronto Recieves: Minnesota 2014 unprotected first round pick, JJ Barea

Minnesota Recieves: DeMar DeRozan, Toronto 2015 second round pick

Step 3)
    We now have 2 picks in the 4-20 range and 3 picks in the 34-44 range.
    We package all 4 picks and acquire Andrew Wiggins.

Future Raptors:

Valanciunas
    Bargnani
    Wiggins
    Ross
    Lowry

Davis- He will have a breakout year this year if given a chance
    Fields
    Rest filled by future acquisitions

Championship Contenders!

2012-13 Raptors:
    *Sign: Shannon Brown, Randy Foye or CJ Miles

Valanciunas/ Amir/ Gray
    Bargnani/ Davis/ Acy
    Fields/ Klieza/ Anderson
    Ross/ *
    Lowry/ Calderon/ Uzoh

Make a deal for Calderon at the deadline.

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
    Fans are all for going after a an elite SF right now, and the main name being thrown around is Igoudala. But why? Iggy has already started to plateau and probably only has 3 good years left in him. The raptors core is not ready to do anything significant in the next three years, so to trade away young assets for him would be foolish. There is a solution and saviour of the Raptors franchise. His name is Andrew Wiggins.

Andrew Wiggins will reclass and will be in the 2014 NBA Draft. W must get him. He is a SF. He is hyper athletic. He has the potential to be the next Kevin Durant. He is Canadian.

Step 1)
    Toronto Recieves: Sacramento 2014 second round pick

Sacramento Recieves: James Johnson

Complete

Step 2)
    Toronto Recieves: Minnesota 2014 unprotected first round pick, JJ Barea

Minnesota Recieves: DeMar DeRozan, Toronto 2015 second round pick

Step 3)
    We now have 2 picks in the 4-20 range and 3 picks in the 34-44 range.
    We package all 4 picks and acquire Andrew Wiggins.

Future Raptors:

Valanciunas
    Bargnani
    Wiggins
    Ross
    Lowry

Davis- He will have a breakout year this year if given a chance
    Fields
    Rest filled by future acquisitions

Championship Contenders!

2012-13 Raptors:
    *Sign: Shannon Brown, Randy Foye or CJ Miles

Valanciunas/ Amir/ Gray
    Bargnani/ Davis/ Acy
    Fields/ Klieza/ Anderson
    Ross/ *
    Lowry/ Calderon/ Uzoh

Make a deal for Calderon at the deadline.
    I wouldn't make the Derozan deal. At least not until I've seen both Ross and Demar in next year's team. It is still yet to be seen whether Ross will be an amazing star player or just a good 6th man. I say we wait until we see Ross in a Raptors uniform up until the trade deadline before discussing the idea of trading Demar.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't make the Derozan deal. At least not until I've seen both Ross and Demar in next year's team. It is still yet to be seen whether Ross will be an amazing star player or just a good 6th man. I say we wait until we see Ross in a Raptors uniform up until the trade deadline before discussing the idea of trading Demar.

If we wait, his stock will fall, and we won't get what we could right now

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
        If we wait, his stock will fall, and we won't get what we could right now
        Which is only good enough to get Iguodala. Iguodala isn't bad, but if you're looking for potential ELITE talent, Iguodala isn't it.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

A n*kkuh who‘s on USA‘s roster for the Olympics is what I would call legit talent. Damn I forgot K.Love.

Comment

Elite*

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              A n*kkuh who‘s on USA‘s roster for the Olympics is what I would call legit talent. Damn I forgot K.Love.
              Well Anthony Davis is also on the USA roster and he hasn't proved himself in an NBA game yet...

Comment

There seems to be small-forward shortage in the market which forced BC and Co. to settle for Landry Fields(although I think it wouldn't have been Fields if the Knicks were not pursuing Nash). However since we are looking to trade Calderon how about trading him to the Warriors for Richard Jefferson and a 1 st rounder. He(RJ) has two yrs. remaining(including his option year which he most probably will pick up) but it might be worth it. I know the Warriors already have two PG's but if BC can get creative and include a 3 rd team we could acquire a back-up PG as well while sending some more the other way, it might work. Your opinions.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  Well Anthony Davis is also on the USA roster and he hasn't proved himself in an NBA game yet...
                  Completely different and you know it.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                    There seems to be small-forward shortage in the market which forced BC and Co. to settle for Landry Fields(although I think it wouldn't have been Fields if the Knicks were not pursuing Nash). However since we are looking to trade Calderon how about trading him to the Warriors for Richard Jefferson and a 1 st rounder. He(RJ) has two yrs. remaining(including his option year which he most probably will pick up) but it might be worth it. I know the Warriors already have two PG's but if BC can get creative and include a 3 rd team we could acquire a back-up PG as well while sending some more the other way, it might work. Your opinions.
                    not sure if that Calderon trade would go down with the Warriors...I don't think they would accept it even if it was straight up Calderon for Jefferson
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      Completely different and you know it.
                      Yeah I do know it :P, but there have been players who have made the Olympic Roster in the past and sure as hell aren't elite players...

2008 - Michael Redd, Tayshaun Prince.
                      2012 - Andre Iguodala, Anthony Davis, Tyson Chandler.

I do not consider Andre Iguodala within the mold of elite, more so a top positional player. (A top 3-4 small forward, as supposed to a top 2-3 PLAYER.) Because he is a guy who hasn't been as reliable compared to the likes of Durant, and James. He isn't a #1 option in the fourth quarter - he did have the ball in his hands a lot, but he was to get the OTHERS involved - and being the best player on Philly, managed only to take an 8th spot in the playoffs, despite solid talent around him. Elton Brand, Jrue Holiday, Louis Williams, Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, Jodie Meeks, Thaddeus Young . A team that actually regressed compared to last year's similar roster.

I'm not sold on him being a number one option on this team, but I do admit he is an obvious upgrade towards Demar as THIS POINT. I would love him on this team, and defensively it would make us better, offensively brings some question marks.

Comment

Working...
                      X