No announcement yet.

Bill Simmons Sums Up our Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why isn't anyone dumping on Phoenix for insisting that Fields should be in the S&T?

Why was Fields denied the Nuggets in the Carmelo deal?

Will the Fields naysayers hang around some when he shows himself to be a fine asset next season?

Has BS written a piece on Ray Allen leaving the mighty Celtics yet? Took less money too.

Looking forward to the Boston games coming season.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Simmons is to journalism what professional wrestling is to professional sport.
      That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

And I would just ignore his sarcastic rants about moving the NBA out of Toronto. Nothing he says will expedite the process of the Raptors switching cities because there is no chance of it happening anytime in the near future IMO.

My impression of him is that he is hit or miss. Sometimes I like his show, and sometimes I don't. I would put him at more of the Howard Stern of the NBA (minus the nudity and swearing of course).
      Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

In his defense, Simmons was very enthusiastic about the raps during their drive for Nash.

Comment

A while back I challenged him on my site to write an article less than 3000 words, I don't think he has it in him! Sports diarrhea asshat...that's my long winded nickname for him.
          i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
            That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

And I would just ignore his sarcastic rants about moving the NBA out of Toronto. Nothing he says will expedite the process of the Raptors switching cities because there is no chance of it happening anytime in the near future IMO.

My impression of him is that he is hit or miss. Sometimes I like his show, and sometimes I don't. I would put him at more of the Howard Stern of the NBA (minus the nudity and swearing of course).
            I don't think so.

He is a very talented writer.

Remember, I am talking journalism. He is not a journalist.

Comment

Our off season in a nutshell:

Comment

I really hope that a day will come where we'll stop being the butt of jokes.

Comment

Wow, ya'll are some sensitive kids up in here.

Simmons is awesome, not only that he's actually one of the only people outside of Canada that watches and talks about the Raptors, he was touting how fun their games were to watch during the Bosh era, he's the only one outside of this board that constantly brings up how Carter screwed us and how big of a bitch he was. And beside that he knows the NBA and he knows how to write an entertaining article.

And he's not that far off in his summing up of what happened. Take off your homer goggles and look at the facts and look at the stats, his story makes much more sense than the stuff you guys are coming up with.

Comment

Not until we win something. Anything. 1 round. 2 rounds. I'll stop there for now. A bonus will be if the Celtics are in the toilet while we do.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      I don't think so.

He is a very talented writer.

Remember, I am talking journalism. He is not a journalist.
                      Sure, he's a columnist. But he's also one who's quite connected to the basketball world and seems to be able to have intimate chats with many of games top stars. They seem to respect him, but I can understand your viewpoint. He's definitely not for everyone.
                      Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post

Simmons is awesome, not only that he's actually one of the only people outside of Canada that watches and talks about the Raptors, he was touting how fun their games were to watch during the Bosh era, he's the only one outside of this board that constantly brings up how Carter screwed us and how big of a bitch he was. And beside that he knows the NBA and he knows how to write an entertaining article.

And he's not that far off in his summing up of what happened. Take off your homer goggles and look at the facts and look at the stats, his story makes much more sense than the stuff you guys are coming up with.
                        Seems you are sensitive about Bill.

Looks like sensitivity is something we have in common.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
                          Sure, he's a columnist. But he's also one who's quite connected to the basketball world and seems to be able to have intimate chats with many of games top stars. They seem to respect him, but I can understand your viewpoint. He's definitely not for everyone.
                          Just to clarify:

1) I think he is a great writer,
                          2) I do not consider him a journalist,
                          3) I am tired of his relocation/digs against Raptors/Toronto - I find it ignorant given how profitable and strong the fan base is and akin to picking on the fat kid with the stutter in grade school because the majority are ignorant enough to find it hilarious.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post

Fun games during the Bosh era? I must have missed them. Even when the Ws looked half decent. Who was the entertainer? All I saw was Garnett putting elbows in Bosh's face and whispering sweet somethings in his ear and everyone just laid down. Actually Jose was the only one who yapped back at him. Re Carter, anything he wrote about that jerk wasnt a revelation to most. The NBA knew all about his mo and BS just had a subject to play with as he does now.

Look, we are harsh enough on our own team and more. We dont need a smirking Celtic toady to provide his wider audience with a few laughs at our expense on a slow off season day. So, BC overpaid some for Fields and he had a not so good last season. The play for him was the right thing to do. It didnt pan out. It happens. Just got a bit exacerbated because of the big name and Nash being Canadian.

Yeah I am sensitive about the team especially when we try, it doesnt work out and some yuks are blown our way because it's convenient.

Comment

Some yuks are blown at every team though, that's like getting mad at an insult comic

and the entertaining time was mostly those 2 years we made the playoffs, especially when garbo and parker first came

and matt fair enough, I am a big Simmons fan but I also don't think he wrote anything ridiculous here, just the facts mixed with comedy.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

Im surprised that at the presscon, nobody dared ask Landry how it felt being the pawn. "Landry, do you know that you werent really a target acquisition, but rather was being used as a deterrent for the Knicks so they can't acquire Nash?" Yikes.
                                Perhaps, but it's equally true that New York was using him as a pawn to try to acquire Nash, and hadn't shown much interest in resigning him except as sign-and-trade bait. Dude plays great, exceeds expectations, but becomes an afterthought to New York's superstar approach to team-building. If I were him, I'd relish the opportunity to screw NYK over by moving to a division rival and thwarting their dreams of acquiring Nash. Like they say, in the NBA, money = respect. Toronto was willing to give him $19 million dollars worth of respect, who cares if it was part of a larger plan that fell through.

Comment

Working...
                                X