No announcement yet.

Red, Purple or Blue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue and White are also the colours of the Toronto flag.
    Last edited by Sig; Mon Jul 23, 2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
      Is it a faux pas to link another blog here? :P

Anyway, you'll get your wish.

90's throwbacks for some games this season!

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/0...r-next-season/
      Direct link in case other posts supplant it for the top

I did see the original first jersey (T-Mac) in the Real Sports apparel store in the ACC after games, perhaps they were testing out the market?
      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
        Is it a faux pas to link another blog here? :P

Anyway, you'll get your wish.

90's throwbacks for some games this season!

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/

Excellent! I will be getting myself a retro for sure!

A Carter perhaps?

Comment

Say it ain't so!

Not sure I want to see these jerseys out on the court again =P

“I saw the Spring 2013 Adidas NBA Catalog and there are some new on-court offerings,” says Chris Blackstone. “There are new jerseys for Christmas Day and for home weekend games during the second half of season, called the Winter Court jerseys. They’re monochrome like the all-black Miami uniforms from the past couple years, but in team colors. Also, there are Hardwood Classic jerseys for Indiana (home from 1997-98 through 2004-05), Milwaukee (late ’90s), Chicago (mid-’90s alternate), Atlanta (late-’90s road), Miami (late-’90s alternate), Sacramento (mid-’90s alternate), Phoenix (1990s alternate), Philly (early-’90s road), Cleveland (mid-’90s road), Toronto (late-’90ss home), Houston (late-’90s road), and Utah (late-’90s road).”
          http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/07/20/...ising-in-2013/
          Last edited by Arsenalist; Mon Jul 23, 2012, 08:27 PM. Reason: Updated with excerpt and source.

Comment

YEs!! bring back the Dino for at least a few games haha

Comment

Definitely!!!!

Comment

I am very nostalgic about these jerseys because at the time the Raptors were new and full of hope from Mighty mouse to Vince Carter, the Raptor teams who wore these jerseys played the most exciting basketball in franchise history.

The later jersey the Raptors footprint is associated with the Bosh era, which was the most boring style of basketball played and also brought the loss of hope.

Comment

Big fan of this. Can't believe they haven't done it yet!

Comment

im keeping my fingers crossed Id be over the moon if we could bring back our first Jersey.
                    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Big fan of this. Can't believe they haven't done it yet!
                      I can. They needed to wait long enough to justify them as throwbacks, especially since they're pretty ridiculous jerseys. Really, there's a reason this style of jersey design didn't catch

Comment

Oh thank god, I thought the link was going to show those stupid camo jerseys again. Please let us never have to see those again.

Comment

Also the story says nothing is confirmed yet, so it may not happen or it may be a season or two down the road

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                            Oh thank god, I thought the link was going to show those stupid camo jerseys again. Please let us never have to see those again.
                            Agreed...I don't know if they are using them again next year though.

Comment

Classic Purple is always good.

Comment

Im buying a Bargnani or Fields jersey if they bring the purple back, damn I remember the days when I had the Mighty Mouse jersey, ahh good times.
                                Last edited by e2thed; Tue Jul 24, 2012, 05:50 AM.
                                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X