Valanciunas - the most athletic I've seen him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valanciunas - the most athletic I've seen him

before this disappears into the JV thread, y'all got to see this!

I am not sure I have seen a true centre run the floor like JV as in the vid. Of course there tends to be a loop of the same play at different points of the vid and its edited quite well but still he runs very well/athletic. You cant height or speed/atleticism. Nice!
    He looks better than Chandler on offense.

Comment

This is very nice find. Looking great.

Comment

I <3 Jonas

Comment

Nice
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Our boy Jonas is on the front page of nba.com im glad people are starting to take notice because he is a beast.
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Jonas the Saviour!

Comment

Nice find on the video! He looks like a guy who actually cares when he's on the floor.

In saying that, I hope he dunks over Dwight Howard big time. I'm not like D12 at all.
                #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Seen it enough during the season watching Lietunos games. He's just got an amazing set of physical tools for a young C. Maybe compare him to Chandler/Noah, but I think he's actually more fluid, and a bit stronger. Chandler in his early days was a lot like Amir: just way too thin to bang. JV, while still thin, actually seems to have good core strength and balance, and seems to like playing down low, banging in the post. Also he doesn't look nearly as slow as guys like M. Gasol, or Bynum (although I've barely seen Bogut play in 2 years). He's got the tools to be a pretty good, possibly special player at the C position the way it stacks up in the league right now.
                  Still I wouldn't expect too much in his first year, just hope he plays 20-30 minutes every night. He's going to have to adapt to new rules and a new life. Probably be fouling like crazy the first half of the season.

Comment

When he fills out...

Wow, when he gets comfortable with the NBA style of play and fills out his frame, he might be the next dominant true big man in the game.
                    Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

He'll make his mark offensively in the league no question. He still needs to improve his defense in the post and on the pick and roll. Casey will help with that. The kids a sponge and he wants to be dominant at his position in 5 years.

Comment

DG88 wrote: View Post
                        He'll make his mark offensively in the league no question. He still needs to improve his defense in the post and on the pick and roll. Casey will help with that. The kids a sponge and he wants to be dominant at his position in 5 years.
                        Completely agree. I like the vid, but what I really liked was the blocked coming from the help defense he provided...I loev the dunks and it looks like he's got good hand and a high court sense IQ, but I want him to be defensive. That will likely take time because of his frame, but damn I'm excited to see this kid!

(hahaha I loved the quick clip of the opposing coach with his head in his hands....classic!)
                        i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

I like how he can get up quick. He doesn't take long to gather for blocks or dunks. His length comes in handy in that regard. Not even going to say who that reminds me of (in that one aspect) because the kool-aid is already quite strong.

Edit: I thought it might be that video of him dancing across the court (at halftime of some All Star game I think)...ah well
                          Last edited by Mess; Sun Jul 22, 2012, 10:28 AM.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Wow! I am really excited for this guy. He's got amazing length and athleticism. The way he runs the floor makes me a little sad we missed on Nash, because I think that could have been incredible, but Lowry should be able to provide similar opportunities.

I think he has the physical tools to really make the Center position his own, a new kind of NBA center.

Comment

Better than Gasol? (Pau, in terms of potential?)

Comment

Working...
                              X